Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking for feedback from people who follow the off-road aftermarket and can advise what options to maybe avoid from ford. Ford capable bumper for 995, worth it? 300 more for brush guard ? Ford Bimini top 399-499, but aftermarket wrangler Bimini looks to be had for less than 150. Ford paint protection for front edge of hood and front fenders 295? Thx
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Remember it will take while before there's anything substantial for the Bronco. When the 2018 Jeep dropped nothing substantial was available to actually purchase until after the 2019 was on lots. I remember the first CES after release was all prototypes and junk from China.

In the case of the 2018 JEEP, the aftermarket had the 2017 to work off. The Bronco is brand new.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the $250 for mesh bimini was good...is it not?

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the paint protection, I think it depends on what it is. If it's the self healing stuff like Xpel, that's a hell of a deal. Obviously they're going to need to provide more details on some of these things for us to make an informed decision.

Chris

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only one I can talk too is the PPF. That's not a bad price, but I'm not sure of the material quality. I had the entire front (that was a challenge for the installer with that grill), and front fenders of my Wrangler done in XPel Ultimate (self healing) for $200 here in North Carolina. Just a little comparison that I hope helps.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the paint protection, I think it depends on what it is. If it's the self healing stuff like Xpel, that's a hell of a deal. Obviously they're going to need to provide more details on some of these things for us to make an informed decision.

Chris
I think it mentioned it was a 3-piece kit for the front (like a 3M clear bra). I was thinking of getting ceramic coating aftermarket.

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only one I can talk too is the PPF. That's not a bad price, but I'm not sure of the material quality. I had the entire front, and front fenders of my Wrangler done in XPel Ultimate for $200 here in North Carolina. Just some food for thought.
I think the ford ppg said it was front edges, not full panels. Is that what you had done on your jeep?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remember it will take while before there's anything substantial for the Bronco. When the 2018 Jeep dropped nothing substantial was available to actually purchase until after the 2019 was on lots. I remember the first CES after release was all prototypes.
I’ll second this. Plus even when aftermarket does start developing and rolling out products, they’ll likely be on back order to keep up with demand.

To OP: In my opinion, most aftermarket bumpers look like absolute garbage. And you’re gonna pay a good bit for a well fabricated product. I personally think Ford’s steel bumper is pretty nice and decently priced, as it also includes installation. This is all subjective though.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Chris
if it was Xpel, Ford would of made sure the customer knew it. If you have to ask, it's probably something you don't want.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if it was Xpel Ford would of made sure the customer knew it.
Sure. But there are a great variety of differences on the spectrum between the cheapest crap that will dry and flake off and Xpel. The closer it gets to the latter, the better the deal it is.

Chris

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the ford ppg said it was front edges, not full panels. Is that what you had done on your jeep?
The film on the front covers all of the flat surfaces including the grill bars. That all had to be hand cut. And, he covered 3/4's on the front fenders along with the headlights.

Also the installer, and their experience is nearly as important as the film itself. So, if you go this route check the installers reviews before you pick. Also, I'm sure prices vary from state to state

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the $250 for mesh bimini was good...is it not?
I think initially from a supply/demand basis it may not be a horrible price (assuming Ford has them to ship with your bronco) as Ford isn't the only company having parts/supply issues, not to mention other related shops in the process who may have gone out of business

There's likely a massive stockpile/ competitive pricing for jeep tops since they've been around so long, but not sure if they would be a 1:1 fit
Sponsored