Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if anyone else had this issue,but here goes. I got a badlands from a dealer who had ordered three of them on August 31 2021. I paid a 10k markup as my choice so I didn't have to wait for a build, my choice to do so. But what I found out just recently is , when I didn't get any rewards points, I called Ford pass and they said the points were not mine because I wasn't the owner. You can imagine my consternation. I called the dealer and after repeated atempts I was told that a man by name of Hunter got the points and that they had sold it to me as used with only 9 miles on it??? I was told that that was the only way they could get it and sell it to me because they were required to hold it for 6 months as a demo before they could really sell it. Well I feel cheated with respect for that. Just remember that if you buy a dealer stock bronco. If anyone has any idea who I need to take behind the wood shed speak up
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford themselves doesn’t offer a system that allows you to “cut the line” so to speak… so it sounds like your dealer created their own system if you pay the extra $10,000. In order to create this system, seems like your dealer shifted reservations around in order to ensure you got a Bronco sooner

Which means you likely got someone else’s reservation, therefore you didn’t get the points for that reservation, the person who actually reserved the Bronco did.

OP
OP

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so we're clear... you paid $10k over sticker for a Bronco you didn't reserve, order, and wait for, and you're upset about $210 worth of ford pass points?
Not the issue it's the principal of it. If you don't give a shit about that so be it but unless you have something constructive to say, keep to yourself. I'm just letting folks be aware

OP
OP

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford themselves doesn’t offer a system that allows you to “cut the line” so to speak… so it sounds like your dealer created their own system if you pay the extra $10,000. In order to create this system, seems like your dealer shifted reservations around in order to ensure you got a Bronco sooner

Which means you likely got someone else’s reservation, therefore you didn’t get the points for that reservation, the person who actually reserved the Bronco did.
Not how it was explained to me, but who knows. I believe it was a dealer demo order. Other more honest dealers had vehicle available but couldn't sell them until 6 months after they got them

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not how it was explained to me, but who knows. I believe it was a dealer demo order. Other more honest dealers had vehicle available but couldn't sell them until 6 months after they got them
Here is the thing, the problem is, you didnt reserve it. The Ford Pass rewards went to customers with reservations that actually bought them. You bought a used one ;-) which is kind of funny and you paid more then 10k over MSRP. Again, the problem is you didnt reserve it, period.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not the issue it's the principal of it. If you don't give a shit about that so be it but unless you have something constructive to say, keep to yourself. I'm just letting folks be aware
From your story it sounds like they weren't your points to have. That was a used vehicle. It wasn't your reservation. Did I read that correct ?

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers can't order Broncos for sale. Likely what happened, someone ordered the truck in July of 2020. When they went to finalize the order, the dealer added markup and the person bailed.

Then the dealer sold it to you with the 10K markup.

But if the dealer does this by just selling to someone who did not order it, they can get in trouble with Ford. So they did some behind the scenes "creative accounting" to avoid the penalty.

So, as people have said, whoever "abandoned" the order got the points.

You should keep on this because I am sure Ford will eventually restore the points to you and hopefully ban the dealer from any further Bronco allocations.

Also, which dealership?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah… if it was a dealer demo you wouldn't of gotten it yet. And even if you did have a dealer demo unit, that unit isn’t eligible for the free FordPass points.

Like you said, the dealer demo units have be on the lot for a minimum of 6 months after delivery before they are sold. Most dealers got their first demos early July… so the earliest you could of gotten it is end of December/early January.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you buy this as a new automobile or used. Might have some fraud if you bought it as new but it was pre owned and actually used. Friend of mines dad had this happen and sued the dealership for a new automobile.

If you bought as used and knew it was ther would be no expectation of points as that is on new sales.

tstefanic

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am def aware that i will not be paying 10k over the sticker price. thank you

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bonus Ford points were specifically for people with reservations who had to wait, or changed their build to get it faster. Once you went outside the reservation system; you did not fall into that category. You did not wait (any more than any person walking in off the street) and you did not change the build to get it faster (you picked it off a dealer lot).

So unless you think Ford should give every non-res holder points for buying off the lot, it seems that you did not think it through on the whole principle thing. I hope you enjoy your Bronco, but no one is going to support your notion that you should be getting free Ford Points for buying one off the lot.
Sponsored