redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Came across this and have not seen these yet...….

http://oristruts.com/stx-strut.html

Don't know if anyone here has seen them so I thought I would post. I am still reading about them but this looks like something they might be using. VERY INTERESTING. ?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Came across this and have not seen these yet...….

http://oristruts.com/stx-strut.html

Don't know if anyone here has seen them so I thought I would post. I am still reading about them but this looks like something they might be using. VERY INTERESTING. ?
Sound cool but at $800 each I can't see them on a production vehicle. Maybe the Warthog but that seems to guarantee a $60K Bronco. Also, that would not be a Ford patent.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sound cool but at $800 each I can't see them on a production vehicle. Maybe the Warthog but that seems to guarentee a $60K Bronco
Coil overs are $1500 each but they put them on production trucks. That said a $1500 coil over is a lot different than a production coil over. Hence my point here that these are aftermarket and are 800 so it is conceivable that production units would be less, ………. maybe not billet aluminum?? ….and yes I would think they would be on the Warthog but then again I also don't think the "base" Bronco is gonna get a G.O.A.T. mode either let alone a Daredevil mode .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The theory is what I'm getting at, compact package for all components ........

Dump the sway bar, external bump stops and limit straps — ORI’s STX struts combine all these features in a single package.

…...…… and ……….. ORI STX Struts have become a very popular alternative to coilovers and nitrogen shocks because they are packed with many advanced features including a built in hydraulic bump stop, a 3 stage compression stoke, body lean control, anti-push off valving, and adjustable rebound valving.

So engineers built one that is not so "racey" and seems like a logical choice to me.

maybe we could get some clear pics of the "bombers" suspension it would clear up alot ...... ;) ;)

Looking at these more I just might have to upgrade the Bronco, when I get it, with them. ?

Last edited:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sound cool but at $800 each I can't see them on a production vehicle. Maybe the Warthog but that seems to guarantee a $60K Bronco. Also, that would not be a Ford patent.
Price out some Raptor shocks, or if you really want some eye watering to happen...the DSSV shocks on a ZR2. It's a Corado with garbage interior and those shocks will pay the mortgage for months. They're awesome possum, but goot lort the money.

Full on shrinkage if you want to research the new Defender's suspension repair costs (Bronco is gonna be in the same ballpark $$$-wise so the comparison is valid).

$800 ain't shit these days LOL

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you all seen that crazy electric spider legged of road machine that has been around for a few years now? Maybe its got actuators that individually adjust wheel height during rock crawling situations. Ya know like when a wheel thats needed for traction is hanging off the ground because you are all twisted and flexed out. Maybe active components force that tire down to get traction?
Thats my guess.
Just another problem area. Give me a well thought out and tuned suspension with Bilstein or Fox shocks with a quality A?T tire from BFG, Toyo, or Yokohama and a lockable read diff along with a preferably normally aspirated internal combustion powerplant and I buy one. I want one with a suspension similar to Mojave version of the Gladiator instead of the Rubicon. I dont play in rocks.

Dave Apker

Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If this is a standard feature, they lost me as a customer. I suspect it’ll be optional.

Adjustable suspensions don’t work very well at -40. Garbage.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If this is a standard feature, they lost me as a customer. I suspect it’ll be optional.

Adjustable suspensions don’t work very well at -40. Garbage.
Yes the theoretical system mentioned in the reach-for-the-stars patent is a standard feature on all new Broncos. Sorry, guess you'll have to buy something else ?‍♂

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Price out some Raptor shocks, or if you really want some eye watering to happen...the DSSV shocks on a ZR2. It's a Corado with garbage interior and those shocks will pay the mortgage for months. They're awesome possum, but goot lort the money.

Full on shrinkage if you want to research the new Defender's suspension repair costs (Bronco is gonna be in the same ballpark $$$-wise so the comparison is valid).

$800 ain't shit these days LOL
OK then, I think Jeep May have the better formula if we’re starting at $800 a corner. A good lifted spring costs $80-90 and shocks are $70-150.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OK then, I think Jeep May have the better formula if we’re starting at $800 a corner. A good lifted spring costs $80-90 and shocks are $70-150.
Keep in mind, he's talking about nearly race-ready fully adjustable, external reservoir, internal bypass Fox shocks. The shocks on the Gladiator Mojave probably aren't far off. Those big ticket gadgets are all for high performance trims. There will always be budget options.

Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the the virus and the economy the way it is, and all the talk about the impact on the car market, I’m hoping car companies get back to basics and sell vehicles that the average person could afford. Tell the marketing idiots to stop telling engineers to come up with complex features for the sake of features. Or...put all that stuff as options that can be selected, and not standard.

Whatever though. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, but I’ve got no problem walking away to something else.

I just hope when Ford or the other companies go crawling to the governments for a hand out, they get told to pound sand. Let them go broke like several car companies should have in the last recession.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With the the virus and the economy the way it is, and all the talk about the impact on the car market, I’m hoping car companies get back to basics and sell vehicles that the average person could afford. Tell the marketing idiots to stop telling engineers to come up with complex features for the sake of features. Or...put all that stuff as options that can be selected, and not standard.

Whatever though. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, but I’ve got no problem walking away to something else.

I just hope when Ford or the other companies go crawling to the governments for a hand out, they get told to pound sand. Let them go broke like several car companies should have in the last recession.
They sell plenty of vehicles that people can afford. Also, vehicles are far more reliable than they ever have been, so there are plenty of good used cars out there too.

The equivalent cost of vehicles has more or less stayed the same over the years when taking inflation in to account. Wages, on the other hand, have not kept up.

Raw materials cost money. Not dying or being permanently disabled in a crash costs money.

If you want a cheap vehicle, there are plenty of options, but I bet you won't like any of them because you actually want an expensive vehicle, for cheap.

But again, the system we're talking about in this thread IS NOT REAL AND IF IT WAS IT WILL NOT BE STANDARD.

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They sell plenty of vehicles that people can afford. Also, vehicles are far more reliable than they ever have been, so there are plenty of good used cars out there too.

The equivalent cost of vehicles has more or less stayed the same over the years when taking inflation in to account. Wages, on the other hand, have not kept up.

Raw materials cost money. Not dying or being permanently disabled in a crash costs money.

If you want a cheap vehicle, there are plenty of options, but I bet you won't like any of them because you actually want an expensive vehicle, for cheap.

But again, the system we're talking about in this thread IS NOT REAL AND IF IT WAS IT WILL NOT BE STANDARD.
I’ve got no problem paying for what I want.
There’s no reason, IMO, to have a vehicle marketed as a utilitarian off road vehicle to be $50,000.

If people want those options, hey, go for it. Maybe that’s what they want. Some of us don’t.

But yeah, this is just me getting PO’d about an internet rumour about a feature someone drew up on a napkin. It’s not going to be a standard feature.

Maybe Ford will take all this downtime to set up a cool website where you can spec out your new vehicle with exactly the options you want and have it delivered to your dealer within a month. I can dream.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve got no problem paying for what I want.
There’s no reason, IMO, to have a vehicle marketed as a utilitarian off road vehicle to be $50,000.

If people want those options, hey, go for it. Maybe that’s what they want. Some of us don’t.

But yeah, this is just me getting PO’d about an internet rumour about a feature someone drew up on a napkin. It’s not going to be a standard feature.

Maybe Ford will take all this downtime to set up a cool website where you can spec out your new vehicle with exactly the options you want and have it delivered to your dealer within a month. I can dream.
I wouldn't really say they're marketing it as a utilitarian vehicle - from the outset the seemed to be targeting the overlanding crowd and a lot of those people are anything BUT utilitarian.

If the pricing is anything similar to the Ranger, then I hope I can build the version I'd want for $40kish (which includes a bunch of farkle I don't strictly NEED, but I do want).

I won't disagree that an à la carte configurator would be pretty cool. I really hope it's more like Porsche's configurators - every option ever (but not like Porsche's prices).

rosstermyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really hope we dont end up with Mag Ride on the bronco. I have had it on 2 different GM vehicles in the past and both vehicles had leaking shocks just outside of the warranty period. They are super expensive to replace as well. ~400/shock !!!
Sponsored