First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope we dont end up with Mag Ride on the bronco. I have had it on 2 different GM vehicles in the past and both vehicles had leaking shocks just outside of the warranty period. They are super expensive to replace as well. ~400/shock !!!
odds are certain trims might have them as optional. Im hoping for 3 different set ups.
1 base trim. Basic shocks (similar to ford ranger) is
2 luxury trim “limited“ mag ride
3 raptor, advanced fox shocks
Sponsored

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know, these days $400 a shock is not bad. The common shock many people are using with their Wrangler lifts are the Fox 2.5s, which retail for $1500 a pair, and they don't have any fancy party tricks. The Live Valve Raptor shocks are $3400 a pair.

The shocks are really what dictates how a vehicle rides. A nice shock can completely transform how capable a vehicle is. Case in point: F150 vs Raptor.

I am sure there will be a base model with a steel twin tube that costs $100 a corner, but everyone is going to run out and buy Fox coilovers to replace them and pay $1500+ a pair aftermarket.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, talked to my insider, said that people will be shocked at how capable and durable this suspension is in the rocks, especially for a OEM setup. And the aftermarket stuff(from ford) is what the engineers really wanted to put on it, but bean counters put a kibosh on that. There is also going to be other stuff in the works that will appeal to the more hardcore crowd. Just stretch your patience a little longer. They are expecting quite a few jeepers to jump ship and go to the blue oval real quick. Your typical die-hards will even give it a good look. Thats how confident this crew is about it. I'm not a first year buyer, but from what I have been told in confidence, I might not be able to contain myself that long, unless of course there is something worth waiting for....

rosstermyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You know, these days $400 a shock is not bad. The common shock many people are using with their Wrangler lifts are the Fox 2.5s, which retail for $1500 a pair, and they don't have any fancy party tricks. The Live Valve Raptor shocks are $3400 a pair.

The shocks are really what dictates how a vehicle rides. A nice shock can completely transform how capable a vehicle is. Case in point: F150 vs Raptor.

I am sure there will be a base model with a steel twin tube that costs $100 a corner, but everyone is going to run out and buy Fox coilovers to replace them and pay $1500+ a pair aftermarket.
Its not as much the cost that is the issue but instead the failure rate. So many people have mag ride issues very early in the life of the vehicle. I personally have had 2 go bad in less than 20k miles. Just google mag ride problems and see for yourself. its everywhere on the CTSV forums and Escalade forums.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, talked to my insider, said that people will be shocked at how capable and durable this suspension is in the rocks, especially for a OEM setup. And the aftermarket stuff(from ford) is what the engineers really wanted to put on it, but bean counters put a kibosh on that. There is also going to be other stuff in the works that will appeal to the more hardcore crowd. Just stretch your patience a little longer. They are expecting quite a few jeepers to jump ship and go to the blue oval real quick. Your typical die-hards will even give it a good look. Thats how confident this crew is about it. I'm not a first year buyer, but from what I have been told in confidence, I might not be able to contain myself that long, unless of course there is something worth waiting for....

You have said enough. don't get yourself or your insider in trouble. ;) it's not worth it. Ford wants to do it on their terms and I understand it, they want a BIG splash because it is going to be a BADASS !!

as a side note ……….. DAMN to bean counters. :ROFLMAO:

One saying that will never go away …………………….. BUILT FORD TOUGH !!!!

Sponsored

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True, it's no fun at all when you have to replace broken parts. I was not aware that the premature failure rate was so high on the MagneRide dampers. If Ford specs some super fancy shock that overheats and blows seals all the time that would be a bummer.

Chrispy,
Those Bilsteins are a great shock, and far and away the best value. Fox is trying to sell a 2.0 monotube for almost $700 for all 4.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't tell anyone I told you, but Ohlins might be working on some Wrangler applications right now...
I am excited about new opportunities with new platforms as well.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using this thread since it’s most active... did we ever see a 4door render based on this render? If so please direct me :D

21944207-0132-4E3F-BF5D-F8CC1ECBAE31.jpeg
Sponsored