Sponsored

Ford Patents Light Weight Removable Body Door System with Built-In Tube Doors for 2021 Ford Bronco

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that's the case then Wrangler people are a bunch of pansies!! (Start this by saying in MY YOUNGER days) I would always take the top off my '84, '93 & '94 by myself! It's all about how you use the spare to support it before you muscle it off!:like: Course now I'm a bit older and might need a little help. I'd still say give it to me in 1 piece. The more parts you have to dismantle, the longer it takes, and the more you open yourself up to leaks.
Back in the day, I used to sometimes walk/crawl the CJ-7 hardtop on my back, out the rear of the vehicle tailgate. Would finagle it to the ground without hitting too hard, and then crawl out from under. That was not much fun (I'm no Arnold Schwarzenegger).
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
that’s one thing wrangler people bitch about is how hard the hard top is to get off with even 2 people and storage takes up lots of room.
Since getting a TJ last March, my kids are always wanting the top/doors off. With Chicagoland cr*ppy weather - that's a challenge. On/off on/off. Garage hoists are useful, except when out and about and the rain starts, and the hardtop is hanging back in the garage.

One thing I had hoped for in the new Jeep JL, was a trick modular hardtop. If Ford is successful with a modular hardtop - that could be a nice feature. Imagine you could store at least the hardtop pieces in the vehicle, and easily assemble when away from home, if the weather turns. I could accept some additional framework to facilitate the modular panels, if done in a way that aligns with a roll cage look. Meaning if the fixed pieces won't take away from the "open top" experience.

Agree with some comments though - modular could lead to more leaks and noise. Some new JL owners have complained about wind noise and such (especially owners not familiar with Jeeps). Hopefully doesn't become a headache for Ford. Looking forward to see what they offer.

Deleted member 2346

Back in the day, I used to sometimes walk/crawl the CJ-7 hardtop on my back, out the rear of the vehicle tailgate. Would finagle it to the ground without hitting too hard, and then crawl out from under. That was not much fun (I'm no Arnold Schwarzenegger).
I can see you guys creating marketing for this... "we at bronco dont design our cars for pansies so we made the roof a nice HEAVY one piece design that is a pain is the @ss to remove so that YOU know you're a man when you're driving a BRONCO!"

lol :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
we need a "Wagon Master" forum, just for that swing/tailgate feature.....are you listening Ford ? :inspect::cwl:
Sponsored