Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with ya. If there is an option for a solid non removable roof, that's the one I want. And no sun/moon roof. If it has the removable hard shell like the old ones, that's fine but I will never remove it. It will be my hunting rig and it regularly gets below zero and snows where I go.
See @Mark, got a friend who agrees with you
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No question about it going topless now, but for those of us who prefer a permanent, hard-shell top, will this be an option? The same question applies to doors: granted, the new Bronco will almost certainly have removable doors, but will they leave us an option of permanent, hard-fastened doors? I ask from the perspective of someone who does not like doors that come off, roofs that come off, roofs with holes in them, etc. (Am I the only one?)
I'm in the removable doors and roof camp, but I also hope that it's a hard top and there is enough rigidity, damping, and insulation to keep the ride reasonably quiet with everything closed up. That would probably be the closest you can get to a compromise for both camps.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm with ya. If there is an option for a solid non removable roof, that's the one I want. And no sun/moon roof. If it has the removable hard shell like the old ones, that's fine but I will never remove it. It will be my hunting rig and it regularly gets below zero and snows where I go.
I'm in this camp too! I'm interested in a Bronco for other reasons, zero interest or desire to take doors and roofs off, there's just never a circumstance where I want to in my use (see my post here). I'm expecting to end up with a removable hardtop that I never take off, but if there's an option for completely fixed, all the better.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the removable doors and roof camp, but I also hope that it's a hard top and there is enough rigidity, damping, and insulation to keep the ride reasonably quiet with everything closed up. That would probably be the closest you can get to a compromise for both camps.
This. I'd like to see the top have some insulation to keep sound (especially highway) lower.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That looks awesome!

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t open it, anyone have a picture?

Reactions: BE_

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No question about it going topless now, but for those of us who prefer a permanent, hard-shell top, will this be an option? The same question applies to doors: granted, the new Bronco will almost certainly have removable doors, but will they leave us an option of permanent, hard-fastened doors? I ask from the perspective of someone who does not like doors that come off, roofs that come off, roofs with holes in them, etc. (Am I the only one?)
I can understand not wanting to remove them, but I don't know if they'll be bothersome in any way if they're just left in place. The usual arguments to removable panels is noise and water intrusion - but if you never break that seal, I don't imagine it will be a huge issue considering all the modern gasket materials and precision body alignment achieved with today's manufacturing methods. You say you "do not like" removable doors and roof, but why is that? You may find that the drawbacks you envision don't materialize, but not knowing what they are it's hard to address.

I guess there could be some interior space gained in the roof if it didn't have to have supplemental protection... but I don't know if Ford is going to address that for the percentage of people who want a fixed architecture. It's all about making the greatest number of their intended audience as happy as possible within cost and reason, and I think the "fixed top and doors" bunch may fall below that threshold. Maybe they will do a fixed top option, and if not, the aftermarket will respond if there is enough demand.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as someone mentioned, with this setup whre it rotates down would leave the rotating tube and rotating bushing exposed, and if those get damaged, it may not move any more. And those bushing as shown would get in the way of sliding.

Whereas if the pivot was at the highest point and it rotated 'up' and out, and you had a brace on the frame just-so, it would only be the step part that slides and not the pivot, would probably be more reliable/robust.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can understand not wanting to remove them, but I don't know if they'll be bothersome in any way if they're just left in place. The usual arguments to removable panels is noise and water intrusion - but if you never break that seal, I don't imagine it will be a huge issue considering all the modern gasket materials and precision body alignment achieved with today's manufacturing methods. You say you "do not like" removable doors and roof, but why is that? You may find that the drawbacks you envision don't materialize, but not knowing what they are it's hard to address.

I guess there could be some interior space gained in the roof if it didn't have to have supplemental protection... but I don't know if Ford is going to address that for the percentage of people who want a fixed architecture. It's all about making the greatest number of their intended audience as happy as possible within cost and reason, and I think the "fixed top and doors" bunch may fall below that threshold. Maybe they will do a fixed top option, and if not, the aftermarket will respond if there is enough demand.
I'm in the hardshell camp, but would like removable panels above the front seats like the Wrangler freedom top (I wish my '05 unlimited had these, the only drawback when compared to the '07+). So, to keep everyone happy I'm sure they'll go with the modular system.
Sponsored