Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss something? Has this been released?

Is it delayed because of the chip shortage? Did Webasto screw it up?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been delayed, perhaps indefinitely.

Original release date communicated was fall 2021, got pushed to winter 2021, then pushed to spring 2022, then “sometime in 2022”, and the latest update from the Bronco brand manager was that it wasn’t coming anytime in 2022. Now that we’re sitting in early 2023… seems like he was correct.

The rumor is that Ford deprioritized the app. I can tell you the former Head of Navigation and many of the developers were shifted over to Ford’s EV efforts. So the rumors may be true, and we may never see it.

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s been delayed, perhaps indefinitely.

Original release date communicated was fall 2021, got pushed to winter 2021, then pushed to spring 2022, then “sometime in 2022”, and the latest update from the Bronco brand manager was that it wasn’t coming anytime in 2022. Now than we’re sitting in early 2023… seems like he was correct.

The rumor is that Ford deprioritized the app. I can tell you the former Head of Navigation and many of the developers were shifted over to Ford’s EV efforts. So the rumors may be true, and we may never see it.
Sad. Many were really looking forward to having this. I know I was.

Ford sadly has over promised and under delivered on many things for the Bronco. Its a very bad business model. Company I worked for always said under promise and over deliver and your customer will always be happy. Over Promise and under deliver, you will loose customers.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sadly has over promised and under delivered on many things for the Bronco. Its a very bad business model. Company I worked for always said under promise and over deliver and your customer will always be happy. Over Promise and under deliver, you will loose customers.
Only 1 company making broncos and they can’t keep up with demand. Masses will have to rally like they did for the 2.7 motor issues.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew I wasn't crazy! I Swear I remember seeing somewhere the ability to record your drive and have all the datapoints overlaid on top like a racing video game. I had thought it recorded from the from the front Bronco camera and not your phone. Either way that would be a really cool option.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it's a bummer for sure.

To be honest I completely understand the business decision Ford made IF the rumors are true and they did indeed put the application on-hold. This app would essentially be a one-vehicle application only for the Bronco. If I was a corporation looking at my limited development resources... I too would probably put the development effort towards my strategic direction in EVs rather than developing an application (that most owners probably wouldn't use on a daily or even monthly basis) for a single vehicle in your lineup.

For me personally... I kinda felt like I got burned. When I was placing my order I was back and forth between the Mid package and the Standard package. The only thing I really cared about in the Mid package was the 110 volt power outlet, and compatibility with this cool application they were developing. I still got the 110 volt power outlet, but $1500 is a BUNCH of money for an inverter that I can get elsewhere for $80 or less.

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me personally... I kinda felt like I got burned. When I was placing my order I was back and forth between the Mid package and the Standard package. The only thing I really cared about in the Mid package was the 110 volt power outlet, and compatibility with this cool application they were developing. I still got the 110 volt power outlet, but $1500 is a BUNCH of money for an inverter that I can get elsewhere for $80 or less.
You did get burned, we all did. It's bullshit that they hyped it and just totally shit the bed.

That they've done this is actually worse after all the other bullshit for people to get their Broncos.

There's no Webasto to blame here. No fire at a chip fab in Taiwan.

This is 100% on Ford just deciding to reneg on their promise. A promise they didn't have to make.

Shame on Ford.
Sponsored