First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Bronco
Black Diamond
If you were looking for the most expensive way to add Sasquatch to your Bronco while getting only half the parts you get with Sasquatch.....here you go. I would guess this kit, plus installation, 35" tires and rims with the correct offset, $6k easy. You still don't have 4.70s, skid plates, larger front axle, or front locker.

Advertisement

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CO Raptor, 2022 CG Warthog ordered
Bronco
Wildtrak
SAS is a great package. If you try to duplicate it after the fact then it will be more costly and some aspects will not be covered under warranty.

If you were looking for the most expensive way to add Sasquatch to your Bronco while getting only half the parts you get with Sasquatch.....here you go. I would guess this kit, plus installation, 35" tires and rims with the correct offset, $6k easy. You still don't have 4.70s, skid plates, larger front axle, or front locker.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Bronco
Outer Banks
If I’ve learned anything here it’s:

Be wary of unintended consequences when “improving” with these sort of things.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Bronco
Black Diamond
These would be a bit of a downgrade on the Wildtrack/Badlands no? I realize they give height but they lose the remote reservoir and the better damping.
Probably won't know that for a bit. Non-Sas BL seems to have a different shock part number so they may be better than those. WT has the same suspension as a Base Sas, nothing special about it, and again probably won't know for a bit if the Ford performance shocks are "better". I doubt it, time will tell.

Advertisement

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CO Raptor, 2022 CG Warthog ordered
Bronco
Wildtrak
No. These shocks states they are 2.65". I don't think the SAS shocks are this big

The remote reservoir are important as they provide more fluid BUT don't forget at 2.65" they are a very big shock and thus hold a fair amount of fluid/gas.

For comparisons, the Gen1 Raptor was only 2.5" so these shocks are bigger then the GEN1 Raptor shocks.

These would be a bit of a downgrade on the Wildtrack/Badlands no? I realize they give height but they lose the remote reservoir and the better damping.

Last edited:

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

….and here I am waiting months for the Bilsteins for my Discovery 1 lift project…told the materials for assembly are afloat off the Port of Los Angeles.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 22 GV70
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought the badlands bilsteins and springs for all four corners for around $1300 shipped from Ford to go on my BD. Maybe I should have waited, but doubt they have the amount of travel the Badlands will.

Advertisement

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't help that just about every time someone announces a product related to suspension, they only mention the standard suspension (for Base through OBX) and Sasquatch. Doesn't seem like anyone ever remembers that Badlands has its own suspension. (Though admittedly it's like 90% Sasquatch.)
That why I'm waiting on fun haver stuff they have bandlands they been upgrading. Fox suspension is going to work with the bandlands.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought the badlands bilsteins and springs for all four corners for around $1300 shipped from Ford to go on my BD. Maybe I should have waited, but doubt they have the amount of travel the Badlands will.
Non squach Badlands setup? If so, would you be willing to share the part numbers you purchased?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my sources were correct back in May, but of course Ford never keeps a schedule, so it looks like they have slipped to "Q1 of 2022".
What do your sources say about a 3" lift kit from SAS by bilstein and ford performance???

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Bronco
Base
Clubs

They dont have the damping reservoir....

Also, anyone seen pics or info of the famous HD steering Rack that was supposed to be revealed????

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Bronco
Base
Interesting it lists everything but the Badlands and WT. Just not compatible or necessary?
The badlands and WT are already lifted and have external reservoir shocks. This would take off the lift springs and shocks on the WT and replace them with the springs already on the WT and then you lose the external reservoir shocks. So not really an upgrade with the loss of the external reservoir shocks. Badlands will have more travel then these. This is Ford trying to make money on the aftermarket.

If your ordering a bronco from the factory you are better off getting sasquatch but if your buying a used bronco or one on a dealer lot and it does not have sasquatch this would be one step in getting to 35's like the sasquatch, you would still need rims, tires, gears, and lockers but at least you have the option.
Advertisement