Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excuse the noob question, but if I install these on a non SAS OBX, will I be able to fit OBX wheels with enough clearance for off roading?
Your wheels fit fine with the stock HOSS 1.0 suspension. I presume you are meaning to ask about upgrading the tires on the stock OEM OBX wheels? It is generally accepted that 285/75 tires fit. If you want to go larger, then you will have to remove the crash bars.
Sponsored

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your wheels fit fine with the stock HOSS 1.0 suspension. I presume you are meaning to ask about upgrading the tires on the stock OEM OBX wheels? It is generally accepted that 285/75 tires fit. If you want to go larger, then you will have to remove the crash bars.
That’s why I was asking if they’d fit with the 2 inches of lift. Ford says 35s will fit. Does that mean SAS tires will fit with the lift without removing the crash bar

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s why I was asking if they’d fit with the 2 inches of lift. Ford says 35s will fit. Does that mean SAS tires will fit with the lift without removing the crash bar
Nope, anything at the 35 inch size is going to require the removal of the crash bars as far as I have seen. I know there are low profile ones out there, so maybe a set of those would work, but there's a reason stock sasquatch models don't come with crash bars.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally have these shocks in-hand and will be getting them installed in the next week on my non-SAS OBX. If anyone has any questions, pictures, etc. that you'd like me to keep track of before/after installation just let me know. These things are beefy.

Shocks.jpg
Can't wait to hear your thoughts & see what it looks like. I have an OBX with Badlands wheel/tire takeoffs as well. I have been highly considering going this route, and was thinking about it being the next major purchase. I really like the idea of staying "Ford Approved". Please let us know when you have them installed!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't wait to hear your thoughts & see what it looks like. I have an OBX with Badlands wheel/tire takeoffs as well. I have been highly considering going this route, and was thinking about it being the next major purchase. I really like the idea of staying "Ford Approved". Please let us know when you have them installed!
I think there are definitely a lot of us in that same boat.

Sponsored

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope, anything at the 35 inch size is going to require the removal of the crash bars as far as I have seen. I know there are low profile ones out there, so maybe a set of those would work, but there's a reason stock sasquatch models don't come with crash bars.
That makes no sense to me. They say on the ford website with this 2 inch lift 35s will fit. SAS tires are 35s

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That makes no sense to me. They say on the ford website with this 2 inch lift 35s will fit. SAS tires are 35s
Hey, I could be wrong for sure, so I hope someone else chimes in. I have not seen any bronco on here, lift or no lift that has 35s with the crash bars still.

I think Ford is saying that after giving the lift that it can accommodate 35s in general, as they don't say anything other than the squach can run 35s on the factory suspension heights. To me, that statement is separate of any crash bar discussion.

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, I could be wrong for sure, so I hope someone else chimes in. I have not seen any bronco on here, lift or no lift that has 35s with the crash bars still.

I think Ford is saying that after giving the lift that it can accommodate 35s in general, as they don't say anything other than the squach can run 35s on the factory suspension heights. To me, that statement is separate of any crash bar discussion.
I think you’re right. Looks like SAS doesn’t have them. What are they actually used for/there for if the SAS doesn’t have them?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you’re right. Looks like SAS doesn’t have them. What are they actually used for/there for if the SAS doesn’t have them?
They aid in preventing additional intrusion in the event of a crash. They aren't "needed" but I would venture to say it's safer with them than without.

Last edited:

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@azuano3654 I am really looking forward to your first impressions on the Outer Banks. If the ride quality is noticeable, I am pulling the trigger on these!..

Sponsored

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@azuano3654 I am really looking forward to your first impressions on the Outer Banks. If the ride quality is noticeable, I am pulling the trigger on these!..
Initial impressions are a noticeable difference in ride quality for the road - haven't been able to take it off-road yet. I'm putting together a comprehensive update to post hopefully in the next day or so. The shocks themselves don't feel super cushy - there's still some jarring over little bumps that happens but after 3-4 days of driving it I'm happy with the improved ride quality as well as the 2" lift and improved stance.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Initial impressions are a noticeable difference in ride quality for the road - haven't been able to take it off-road yet. I'm putting together a comprehensive update to post hopefully in the next day or so. The shocks themselves don't feel super cushy - there's still some jarring over little bumps that happens but after 3-4 days of driving it I'm happy with the improved ride quality as well as the 2" lift and improved stance.
Sorry for the dumb question - but is that 2" plus gain from bigger tires? I'm trying to judge increase in overall height and old garage clearance.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for the dumb question - but is that 2" plus gain from bigger tires? I'm trying to judge increase in overall height and old garage clearance.
I'm on the same tires as before - the 2" lift should be strictly from the suspension upgrade.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can some one explain if this kit keep your factory warranty after lifting and 35 tire ?
Sponsored