Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, a blue hose and Ford Performance sticker.

Though I do like the blue air hose. Also, it's a little cheaper than the CKMP12.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve used the Master Flow Tsunami for 6 years and still works great. No issues airing up 35s after being down to 12 psi and is only $89 now, was $69 when I bought mine new 6 years ago. Comes with a carrying case and fits in small spaces so it’s out fo the way and secure when off road.

With the Bronco I will seek to mount onboard air in the engine bay as its the cool thing to do, and works a bit faster, but this Master Flow has worked great and will work until I add on board air.

1621396159896.jpeg
I had an onboard ARB compressor on my Jeep LJ. The ARB was mounted in my engine bay and 'powered' my front and rear air lockers. I could also use it to air up the tires after a day on the trail. But, I preferred the Master Flow for portability. This air compressor is a good value has lots of good reviews on the jeep forums. I even borrowed the ARB Kit idea and made my own using an old tool box. This thing works killer!! Check out my pics!

compressor_2.jpg

compressor_1.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out the Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit and think about grabbing one as a great item to keep handy in your truck.

Direct Video Link

Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit M-1830-FPAC - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1...
Shop Ford Performance - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1...
I have an adequate portable air pump, and my next purchase would be to install an on-board system, once the Bronco actually arrives, and if an ARB or other system fits.

Whatever you'all do, dont get an air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter! Not powerful enough, and will overheat. Get one with alligator battery clips, unless there's one that runs off the onboard 110v system.

Is there an adequate 110v system?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had an onboard ARB compressor on my Jeep LJ. The ARB was mounted in my engine bay and 'powered' my front and rear air lockers. I could also use it to air up the tires after a day on the trail. But, I preferred the Master Flow for portability. This air compressor is a good value has lots of good reviews on the jeep forums. I even borrowed the ARB Kit idea and made my own using an old tool box. This thing works killer!! Check out my pics!

Ford Bronco Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit Overview compressor_1

Ford Bronco Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit Overview compressor_1
I agree! Ive used that same pump for about 5 years now, does a decent job, all 4 tires from 18 to 35 pounds without overheating!

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there an adequate 110v system?
I thought I read that the inverter in the Bronco is a 600w which should be fine for an air compressor.

edit: nope I'm wrong. Pictures on the website show it's a 150w which will probably barely charge a laptop.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought I read that the inverter in the Bronco is a 600w which should be fine for an air compressor.

edit: nope I'm wrong. Pictures on the website show it's a 150w which will probably barely charge a laptop.
Thanks for researching that, thats what i was afraid of, 110v not enough power. The one in my f150 will charge power tools, and not much more!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im a fan of mounting under hood as cargo space is tight ,not alot of room under these hoods but im hopeful if not under body mount .

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for researching that, thats what i was afraid of, 110v not enough power. The one in my f150 will charge power tools, and not much more!
Annoyingly, the Sport comes with a 400w inverter. WTF Ford?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. can this pump be mounted in the engine bay?
2. can this pump be used for air lockers as well?
1. This is a portable version of the CKSA12. You can get the CKSA12 without the battery clips and plastic carrying box but this is not that kit. You could buy this and pull it out of the box, I guess. https://www.amazon.com/ARB-CKSA12-Air-Locker-Accessories/dp/B004P9A35E/
2. Yes, this is the base range ARB compressor. You can use any of ARBs compressors to run ARB air lockers. You need to buy the solenoid kit to do so (I can't remember if that comes with the locker install kit or not).

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out the Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit and think about grabbing one as a great item to keep handy in your truck.

Direct Video Link

Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit M-1830-FPAC - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1...
Shop Ford Performance - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1...
Nice review. The kit is different than I imagined. I'm leaning toward portable. I wouldn't mind if you did some tests and posted times to fill a 285/70R17 tire from say 20, 25 and 30 psi to 40 psi. It would be great to compare different compressor options on a cost/time-to-fill basis.

Family would be none-to-excited sitting parked at the end of a trail for 20-30 minutes while I air-up 4 tires from 30 psi. 😞

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did my research and recently bought this DeWalt portable air compressor which I will use for my Sasquatch tires on my Bronco. This thing is way more portable and powerful enough to inflate 35s or 37s. It takes any standard DeWalt battery AND it only costs about $99 if you already have a battery.

The hose on the left is for inflating bike and car tires up to about 150 psi. The hose on the right I use to inflate my kiteboards, air mattress, etc. Also great for kayaks & more. Super easy to use, just dial in the desired pressure and let it run. When finished, move onto the next tire. It even has a flashlight built into the handle.

For me, this compact, lightweight and powerful design has ALL I need at a super affordable price. IMO, better than that big, clunky ARB box in my rig.
Any idea how long it would take to fill a 33" aired-down (say 25 or 30 psi) tire?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea how long it would take to fill a 33" aired-down (say 25 or 30 psi) tire?
I don't know, depends what pressure you inflate to. I could take 1-4 minutes per tire? The important thing, for me anyway, is that it has enough power to inflate the tires using the battery, even if you've got 4 large tires. You can also plug it in to the cigarette lighter and run. Lastly, the unit is small and takes up hardly any space, which you 2Dr buyers will like! Go watch review videos like I did. After watching many, I picked this unit and am satisfied completely.
Sponsored