2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
Have you seen the under hood pictures? I don't know if it has room its stuffed..
I was actually surprised with the space I saw under the 2.7 hood. Im sure an aftermarket company will come up with some sort of engine bay mount.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
I have the Ridgid 18v tire inflator, I never did a stop watch test. But it did fill four completely flat tires on my uncles '74 LeSabre with one 4aH battery, and old killed half the battery. I will say it was fairly quick because I did get two done by tge tine he came back outside with his compressor and a beer. I have a dual charger hook up in my truck that comes in handy too. I will be brain storming where it will get mounted up when i get my Bronco.
Y'all quick to dismiss the powertool battery inflators for the onboard air. Can the onboard air system chuck up to a sawzall and help clear the low hanging branches on the trail?

rickxrpb6orvwfukiudv.jpeg

20210605_084805.jpg
But those LeSabre tires are not 33” or 35” MT/AT tires.

no need to chuck up to a sawzall when the battery operated ones are fully capable. But yes, I can chuck up air tools to my arb twin compressor setup or co2 tank setup. But at this point, I dont need to when I have battery impact gun, chainsaw, reciprocating saw, cutoff tool etc.

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Have you seen the under hood pictures? I don't know if it has room its stuffed..
Since I have a 2019 Ranger, I looked in the engine bay and mocked up a location. There will always be some relocation of wire looms or what not.

Bronco has a higher hood line with squared off edges of the engine bay, it shouldn't be an issue.

Those who go with the 2.7 in Bronco will have more work to do, but that only makes sense if you needed those extra 45 cubic inches, you're bad-ass enough to do the modifications yourself.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
But those LeSabre tires are not 33” or 35” MT/AT tires.
True, but dead flat. Zero PSI to 45PSI x 4, on 27's(thats just an estimate for some 47 year old balloon tires) is probably pretty close to the same capacify to a 33/35 @ 15PSI to full. The DeWalt is a multitool of application inflating, a dedicated tire inflator probably has a bit more focused design.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement