2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you seen the under hood pictures? I don't know if it has room its stuffed..
I was actually surprised with the space I saw under the 2.7 hood. Im sure an aftermarket company will come up with some sort of engine bay mount.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ridgid 18v tire inflator, I never did a stop watch test. But it did fill four completely flat tires on my uncles '74 LeSabre with one 4aH battery, and old killed half the battery. I will say it was fairly quick because I did get two done by tge tine he came back outside with his compressor and a beer. I have a dual charger hook up in my truck that comes in handy too. I will be brain storming where it will get mounted up when i get my Bronco.
Y'all quick to dismiss the powertool battery inflators for the onboard air. Can the onboard air system chuck up to a sawzall and help clear the low hanging branches on the trail?

rickxrpb6orvwfukiudv.jpeg

20210605_084805.jpg
But those LeSabre tires are not 33” or 35” MT/AT tires.

no need to chuck up to a sawzall when the battery operated ones are fully capable. But yes, I can chuck up air tools to my arb twin compressor setup or co2 tank setup. But at this point, I dont need to when I have battery impact gun, chainsaw, reciprocating saw, cutoff tool etc.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you seen the under hood pictures? I don't know if it has room its stuffed..
Since I have a 2019 Ranger, I looked in the engine bay and mocked up a location. There will always be some relocation of wire looms or what not.

Bronco has a higher hood line with squared off edges of the engine bay, it shouldn't be an issue.

Those who go with the 2.7 in Bronco will have more work to do, but that only makes sense if you needed those extra 45 cubic inches, you're bad-ass enough to do the modifications yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Dom

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But those LeSabre tires are not 33” or 35” MT/AT tires.
True, but dead flat. Zero PSI to 45PSI x 4, on 27's(thats just an estimate for some 47 year old balloon tires) is probably pretty close to the same capacify to a 33/35 @ 15PSI to full. The DeWalt is a multitool of application inflating, a dedicated tire inflator probably has a bit more focused design.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ooof. 9 minutes to fill up a significantly smaller tire than 35". Granted, that's from flat, but you're going to be sitting around for a loooong time, assuming you don't hit the duty cycle or kill the battery first. Also, expect relying on the 12v plug to triple any normal fill times. There's just not enough juice in those accessory/cigarette ports.

Hey, that's only 45-50 minutes per air-up, plus one battery per set. Figure you could do 2-3 trails in a day around Moab if you were on it, so you've only spent 2.5 hours that day holding your dong and talking about what trail you just murdered while your friends are driving past on their way to the next trail or dinner.

On the plus side, @Cheshire can use the cost savings from that air compressor for off-road lighting, since those fill times are sure to leave him in the dark. Down side is that you'll need a fully charged battery per set of tire fills, so the example above also has another $160 worth of batteries on top of the entry costs.

For the same price as the "who-forgot-to-charge-that-damn-battery?" unit that can do 4 tires on a charge and battery (at most) you could at least think about reliability and get a vastly superior compressor even if you aren't going for the outright quality and nearly-bulletproof ARB unit.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-30033-...078&keywords=300p+viair&qid=1634924012&sr=8-1

Ford Bronco Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit Overview 1634924138229

Anyway, before @Cheshire can take this any further down the "how can I get people stranded in remote places while I air up in my driveway" path, i'll simply add that a proper solution such as the ARB setup @Stage 3 Motorsports is offering will be fantastic!!!

I'll be contacting @Stage 3 Motorsports about the ARB dual onboard compressors once the mounting plate for Bronco engine bays is worked out as i've got too much work to do on my classic cars to bother fabricating a mounting plate these days.... After I take delivery of Bronco sometime next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey, that's only 45-50 minutes per air-up. Figure you could do 2-3 trails in a day around Moab if you were on it, so you've only spent 2.5 hours that day holding your dong and talking about what trail you just murdered while your friends are driving past on their way to the next trail or dinner.

On the plus side, @Cheshire can use the cost savings from that air compressor for off-road lighting, since those fill times are sure to leave him in the dark.

For the same price as the "who-forgot-to-charge-that-damn-battery?" unit that can do 4 tires on a charge (at most) you could at least think about reliability and get a vastly superior compressor even if you aren't going for the outright quality and nearly-bulletproof ARB unit.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-30033-...078&keywords=300p+viair&qid=1634924012&sr=8-1

Ford Bronco Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit Overview 1634924138229

Anyway, before @Cheshire can take this any further down the "how can I get people stranded in remote places while I air up in my driveway" path, i'll simply add that a proper solution such as the ARB setup @Stage 3 Motorsports is offering will be fantastic!!!

I'll be contacting @Stage 3 Motorsports about the ARB dual onboard compressors once the mounting plate for Bronco engine bays is worked out as i've got too much work to do on my classic cars to bother fabricating a mounting plate these days.... After I take delivery of Bronco sometime next year.
@Rick Astley be nice. you're as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley be nice. you're as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.
And having been in her bedroom before, there wasn't a drum kit. Taking some well-used snark back from the past, I like it! Not billion-views worthy, mind you.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... just toss that twin ARB compressor into this well organized malignancy...
ford-bronco-2021-42-engine.jpg

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... just toss that twin ARB compressor into this well organized malignancy...
ford-bronco-2021-42-engine.jpg

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All backorders have been shipped and currently 6 in stock!
Sponsored