First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the sport-tuned version that Ford is selling and is fairly loud. You can get a touring version that is quieter. Most of the noise in the vehicle from Borla exhaust (due to the frequencies it's tuned for) tends to be reflected off the ground. If the tips pointed straight back it would be less noise in the cab.
I had a Borla exhaust on my 3.8l v6 with a twin screw blower back in 2006 and had to go with the 18" long mufflers to sweeten up the sound. I can't find the size of the mufflers in the kit. A full custom exhaust might be able to use some bigger mufflers that be a little quieter but deeper in their sound.
In this video you can compare the sounds of stock vs the 3 that Borla has.

For the manual transmission guys, this might be just the ticket to give you that engine noise that is missing stock and can make shifting more challenging due to the terrible gauge setup.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Borla from Ford Performance is only offered as one type. I don’t know which variation that Borla makes and sells themselves would compare to it. 🤷🏼
Borla actually sells 5 different types for the bronco Touring, S-type, ATAK and the high clearance Touring and S-type. It's on their site.

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Borla actually sells 5 different types for the bronco Touring, S-type, ATAK and the high clearance Touring and S-type. It's on their site.
Yeah, I'm not sure which Borla this one from Ford compares to...

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the sport-tuned version that Ford is selling and is fairly loud. You can get a touring version that is quieter. Most of the noise in the vehicle from Borla exhaust (due to the frequencies it's tuned for) tends to be reflected off the ground. If the tips pointed straight back it would be less noise in the cab.
I had a Borla exhaust on my 3.8l v6 with a twin screw blower back in 2006 and had to go with the 18" long mufflers to sweeten up the sound. I can't find the size of the mufflers in the kit. A full custom exhaust might be able to use some bigger mufflers that be a little quieter but deeper in their sound.
In this video you can compare the sounds of stock vs the 3 that Borla has.

For the manual transmission guys, this might be just the ticket to give you that engine noise that is missing stock and can make shifting more challenging due to the terrible gauge setup.

Great video!

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

BroncoLessBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎

To whoever might be at Super Celebration Wisconsin next month…see ya there!

Very Nice! Is that Ford Performance exhaust from Borla the same as their ATAK axle-back system?

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Installed the same exhaust a few months ago. Killmat in the cargo area made a big difference. Recently I lined the plastic storage compartment with Killmat and I think that made a bigger difference than the floorboard.
I wonder how much sound deadening a GooseGear platform has.. leaning toward it more and more.

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎

To whoever might be at Super Celebration Wisconsin next month…see ya there!

The exhaust in your video is Borla S?

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how much sound deadening a GooseGear platform has. leaning toward it more and more.
For what it's worth. I have the Goose Gear rear plate it doesn't deaden any sound in my opinion. I am considering adding Kilmat to guiet the inside a bit.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finished my install of s-type Borla on 2022 Outer Banks with 2.7L. Sounds great. The clearance is good and I like the black finish

17FBC777-5E2A-4FB5-9E1F-A1D1DE230277.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: