dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎

To whoever might be at Super Celebration Wisconsin next month…see ya there!

If she doesn't like the sound she has options like ear plugs, driving herself, walking or staying home!
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the 0fg duals. Sounded like absolute shit. Through it in the trash. Used the single rock crawler from them instead that came with the kit Real happy with that one. I also did killmat the whole back of the truck when I did my audio. 4 kits for the whole back, inside the fenders, rails, tool box, and jack hole. Then another layer underneath it n the tool box. Rear seats are gone, just a 6” goose down dog bed in the back. Truck is real quiet on the highway now. Exhaust is only loudish when the tops off.

If you go duals you lose the option to add a 3 gal air tank under it.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the Bold Performance exhaust mainly because it was a high tuck exhaust for increased rear clearance.

I would upload pics but I can't see it without raising the Bronco on a lift.

It is louder than the OEM, but it sings a deeper, more satisfying note than the Roush, and everything is completely tucked away.
I'm surprised I like the tone as much as I do. How is the drone? I'm guessing decently loud?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Flowmaster flow FX dual tip axle back exhaust. It sounded alright outside the cab and looked great, but I didn’t like the noise inside. I switched back to stock. Just no way to make a tiny six cylinder sound cool.
I agree. If you are used to a v8, trying to make a v6 sound good is like what a bald man wearing a toupee looks like….not a man with a good looking head of hair, but a bald man wearing a toupee.

Sponsored

6gtexanbronco

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Raptor, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Dynamat made a significant difference in my opinion and that was just doing the cargo area floor and not the storage compartment. I have a feeling I’m gonna lose this battle though, she hasn’t even been in it yet and she’s saying it’s still to loud. Lol I wish they put it on at the factory, that way she would have never known the difference. 😂.

I feel like the Dynamat is something I’d do even without the exhaust change. Big thumbs up.
stay strong...

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed the Flowmaster flow FX dual tip axle back exhaust. It sounded alright outside the cab and looked great, but I didn’t like the noise inside. I switched back to stock. Just no way to make a tiny six cylinder sound cool.
I was looking at the flow master dual exhaust axle back.
If you want to sell it I'd be interested.
Freight from CA to Indiana might be a bummer though.

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎

Which sound level did you get?

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds good!

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was looking at the flow master dual exhaust axle back.
If you want to sell it I'd be interested.
Freight from CA to Indiana might be a bummer though.
Yeah, it’s not very expensive to buy it new. I listed it in the 6g marketplace, only asking $150 if someone comes to pick it up, like new condition. I’d rather not ship it. It’s a big ass box for what it is. Hoping to find someone local.

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which sound level did you get?
The Borla from Ford Performance is only offered as one type. I don’t know which variation that Borla makes and sells themselves would compare to it. 🤷🏼

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Th
Yeah, it’s not very expensive to buy it new. I listed it in the 6g marketplace, only asking $150 if someone comes to pick it up, like new condition. I’d rather not ship it. It’s a big ass box for what it is. Hoping to find someone local.
Thats fine. Thanks for getting back to me.