Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could add. Use the part itself for a mounting template then PRECISELY drill and place rivnuts through the existing metal bar. Not a huge project, but might need to rent a hydraulic rivnut setter.

Same for the OP if one hole doesn't have threads of they are damaged. Drill it out carefully and install a new rivnut.

No. It help the chassis resist large loads from terrain.
Better buy a few dozen carbide drill bits. Drilling into the roll bars ain't easy.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got one of those and welcome to the braptor tax where every part is tripple cost for no reason.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got one of those and welcome to the braptor tax where every part is tripple cost for no reason.
It could be made of the same steel as the roll cage, which might explain some of the cost, but certainly not all of it.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the Hellcat tax where 80% of the parts are the same as a V6 rental car but are triple the cost and have a different part number for the exact same part for some reason.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is the last thing I would ever buy....I mean the Braptor towing brace makes sense....but this is a complete joke. no reason use this at all with stock suspension!!!

the ugly freaking fender flairs are a better addition than this doodad

So the frame is tougher now but the spare tire will still destroy the rear gate at Braptor speeds Going Over Any Terrain that will test the new doodad...
why not add the Braptor rear gate HD parts instead, at least they are usefull...

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Raptor doesn’t have that much more torque over 2.7. And the body is rubber mounted/isolated from the frame which the motor sits in. So body twist is somewhat isolated from motor torque. I think it’s just something that sets the Raptor apart. JMO.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of curiosity, has anyone twisted their frame from not having this?
I've bought some stupid crap before but this seems like a total waist of a 1000 bucks.
It has zero to do with stiffening the frame. The Bronco is a body on frame. The body mounts are rubber. The brace might help to stiffen the body/tub in the event of a roll over. It has nothing to do with the chassis.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It has zero to do with stiffening the frame. The Bronco is a body on frame. The body mounts are rubber. The brace might help to stiffen the body/tub in the event of a roll over. It has nothing to do with the chassis.
This is from Ford don't shoot the messenger, but yes its more body related than obviously connected to the frame with rubber.

B-pillar cross bar and C-pillar reinforcement help deliver a greater than 50% total body-in-prime torsional rigidity increase over a standard Bronco four-door model

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is from Ford don't shoot the messenger, but yes its more body related than obviously connected to the frame with rubber.

B-pillar cross bar and C-pillar reinforcement help deliver a greater than 50% total body-in-prime torsional rigidity increase over a standard Bronco four-door model
This is an accurate statement. 50% BODY rigidity, not chassis.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have two extra braces for structural rigidity. I forget the % but its pretty significant.
thanks. I guess it works like the braces folks used to put in their f-body cars under the hood back in my car days. I don't see a grand for that piece of metal so I'll wait for Mabetts better version that costs a quarter of it and comes with 15% off coupon.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was hoping for something that decreased rear view visibility a bit more.

People will buy ANYTHING.

I’m just looking for my “in” for my quick buck modification no one needs. Maybe led roll bar bolts.
Sponsored