Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the advantage of a differential cover other than cosmetic?
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but I'll take the bait.

An armored diff cover provides protection for your differential while wheeling off road since you'll likely misjudge a big rock that'll smack your pumpkin (differential).

So, think of your trucks differential as your sack. You always protect your sack, so the armored diff cover is like a jock strap or the equivalent of a lazy boy quarterback since those guys sacks are fully protected with no threat of any banging of any kind whatsoever. ;)

You know, metophoricals talking and such.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I'm putting together my own kit:

Country of Origin
China
Most of our future Broncos are going to be 中国制造 or HECHO EN MEXICO, and just assembled in the USA.

Last edited:

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think that this is mostly cosmetic. Some covers can add stiffness or support to the bearing caps or improved cooling, but this one doesn't appear to. No support screws, no real cooling fins. Also be aware that some aftermarket covers can change how lube flows in the axle, and not necessarily for the better.

Interesting that this part is listed as not compatible with Tremor. I wonder what the difference is.
A little disappointed that this isn't at least Nodular for the price.

Could be a clearance issue with the tremor, maybe due to the larger tires things were moved around and upward travel would have clearance issues?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
中国制造

Most of our future Broncos are going to be 中国制造 or HECHO EN MEXICO, and just assembled in the USA.
Are you TenSeven no phone? If you know what I'm talking about.... :D .... If not, disregard...

Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the advantage of a differential cover other than cosmetic?
I don't know if there is any support structure on the inside of the cover and I don't see any pre-load bolts on the back so I don't know if they add any more strength or armor.

What I do know is I saw one mounted on a Bronco (I think it was in a KOH video, maybe?) and it looked GREAT. Since the rear diff is so visible, I'm thinking it may be a mod I'm interested in. I've long enjoyed a nicely dressed rear end.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little disappointed that this isn't at least Nodular for the price.

Could be a clearance issue with the tremor, maybe due to the larger tires things were moved around and upward travel would have clearance issues?
Could well be - if the cover is thicker (cast iron vs stamped steel), and Ford is squeezing a 32" spare under the Tremor, there might be a clearance issue. Or at least it violates a design rule. Easily solved if the tire is in the bed though.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet performance plate frames

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but I'll take the bait.

An armored diff cover provides protection for your differential while wheeling off road since you'll likely misjudge a big rock that'll smack your pumpkin (differential).

So, think of your trucks differential as your sack. You always protect your sack, so the armored diff cover is like a jock strap or the equivalent of a lazy boy quarterback since those guys sacks are fully protected with no threat of any banging of any kind whatsoever. ;)

You know, metophoricals talking and such.
That sack has two nuts too.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll jump on the FP diff cover early this time because I waited to get one for my '18 Raptor and they were back-ordered for quite a bit. I already have the standard recovery kit... easy to acquire those plate frames if I want. The catalog will grow...
Sponsored