Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trolling/genuinely curious; what bolt-on/plug-n-play upgrades do you know of that are (much) less than $40/hp @ crank for the 2.7L?
Fair question it appears I am the one trolling here because I do not know (apologies). This morning when I typed that, I was thinking that $33/hp would be mind blowingly fantastic for drag racing, for the bronco would I notice? I don't know. Sounds like good reviews so far + warranty, will be watching them. Thank you for the call out.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trolling/genuinely curious; what bolt-on/plug-n-play upgrades do you know of that are (much) less than $40/hp @ crank for the 2.7L?
Whipple? $950 for 50 hp. I mean you don’t get the warranty. But, that wasn’t the question. :)

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whipple? $950 for 50 hp. I mean you don’t get the warranty. But, that wasn’t the question. :)
VR Tune $750 for 50hp/50+ ft-lb of torque and it is a piggyback so it doesn’t flash the ECU. If you remove it the dealership will never know it was there. 😉

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True, I want the transmission shift changes too though.
All I can say is that my Wildtrak drives very differently now that this has been installed. Goin on two days now and I don't really notice the added HP and Torque but I do notice the shifting. It makes normal mode more bearable and Sport mode (my go to mode) more fun!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is worth more than 4 HP and it only costs $135. That stock muffler, while quiet, uses more fuel and costs a fair amount of HP (more than 5).

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience the first 1000 or 2 miles returns poor mileage for any new vehicle. Would be interesting to compare early results to similar test after 5 or 10k miles…

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is worth more than 4 HP and it only costs $135. That stock muffler, while quiet, uses more fuel and costs a fair amount of HP (more than 5).
I’m sure the stock exhaust has a negligible effect on fuel use and power while that aftermarket “exhaust” is just an expensive piece of barely bent straight pipe with a fancy tip you can’t see that makes the Bronco sound like a fart can 🐴💩💨

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure the stock exhaust has a negligible effect on fuel use and power while that aftermarket “exhaust” is just an expensive piece of barely bent straight pipe with a fancy tip you can’t see that makes the Bronco sound like a fart can 🐴💩💨
Is +1.5-2.0 mpg negligible? I don't know about a 7.5%-10% increase in fuel economy being negligible.

With the "fart can exhaust" I can average over 22.5 mpg at an average speed of 75 MPH over a 300 mile route through the Texas hill country. My best run averaged 23.5 mpg, largely due to the exhaust. Without the exhaust, my mileage drops to around 20 MPG over the same trip (this last trip was right around 19 MPG) on factory tires 32".

I agree, it's obnoxious, but you are wrong about the fuel use. I don't have any dyno numbers, but you can feel a little more pep in the engine. The factory muffler is excellent from the standpoint of mitigating sound, but it comes at a cost.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is +1.5-2.0 mpg negligible? I don't know about a 7.5%-10% increase in fuel economy being negligible.

With the "fart can exhaust" I can average over 22.5 mpg at an average speed of 75 MPH over a 300 mile route through the Texas hill country. My best run averaged 23.5 mpg, largely due to the exhaust. Without the exhaust, my mileage drops to around 20 MPG over the same trip (this last trip was right around 19 MPG) on factory tires 32".

I agree, it's obnoxious, but you are wrong about the fuel use. I don't have any dyno numbers, but you can feel a little more pep in the engine. The factory muffler is excellent from the standpoint of mitigating sound, but it comes at a cost.
I appreciate your perspective, I’ll silently keep getting 19mpg happily in my 2.7 Sas 2door whether I’m hooning 100mph or cruising 55 in the Colorado mountains! Sport mode is my “tune.”

Sponsored

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So does the dealer have to install this to retain warranty? I cant seem to figure that out....

My dealer service manager makes me shake my head. Ive had to correct him on multiple things, and he just called and said the tune is for 2.3 only. I didnt even argue, I just got his email address and am sending him the links.

Its its something I can install without threat to the warranty I will, otherwise Ill have them do it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate your perspective, I’ll silently keep getting 19mpg happily in my 2.7 Sas 2door whether I’m hooning 100mph or cruising 55 in the Colorado mountains! Sport mode is my “tune.”
My 2.7 2 door doesn't have SAS...

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review IMG_20220614_222855

but it does have sport mode.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does the dealer have to install this to retain warranty? I cant seem to figure that out....

My dealer service manager makes me shake my head. Ive had to correct him on multiple things, and he just called and said the tune is for 2.3 only. I didnt even argue, I just got his email address and am sending him the links.

Its its something I can install without threat to the warranty I will, otherwise Ill have them do it.
Ford performance certified dealer or any AES certified shop. A regular dealership should be able to install it also, if they are competent enough. Or just skip them and just install it like everyone else has so far.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should combine this with a Pedal Commander and it think you'll get the best results :) - this way you can really fine tune the throttle curve to your driving style and liking.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You should combine this with a Pedal Commander and it think you'll get the best results :) - this way you can really fine tune the throttle curve to your driving style and liking.
Pedal Commander? 😂😂😂
Sponsored