Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once flashed the calibration will be on the vehicle until you return it to stock. You can return the vehicle to stock with the ProCal 4 device as it has the option to save your stock file on it before you flash the vehicle with their cal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Can you do this the fly? Or within minutes or is it a process? Like on the some of the other piggy back tuners where you can switch it via bluetooth or at the device? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Never had a tune before. And also really appreciate @LethalPerformance for all the info. this is awesome.
Sponsored

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rev matching is part of the calibration for 7MT owners. Obviously restricted to the 2.3L Broncos as they are the only ones with the manual transmission. Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Down-shift rev matching for manual transmission equipped vehicles (2.3L 7MT Only)
So how would it work? Like when you push clutch in and push shifter into a lower gear the engine will rev on its own? I’ve never had a vehicle that did that.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you do this the fly? Or within minutes or is it a process? Like on the some of the other piggy back tuners where you can switch it via bluetooth or at the device? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Never had a tune before. And also really appreciate @LethalPerformance for all the info. this is awesome.
It's not done on the fly like the piggyback modules (JB4,VR Tuned) since it's a full flash and takes a several minutes for the process to take place. So you would need to go through the process each time you wanted switch calibrations.

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So how would it work? Like when you push clutch in and push shifter into a lower gear the engine will rev on its own? I’ve never had a vehicle that did that.

Hey, Jacob! That's a great question, thank you for asking that.
I just reached out to Ford Performance and their tech line. I was told they're working on specific verbiage BUT, it will be similar to how rev matching works with the Ranger and Mustang. Of course, rowing through the gears, it's designed for "no lift shifting". For down shifting, a cliff note version from what I gathered is once the clutch pedal is engaged, there would be a pause and once the truck is in the desired lower gear ( still clutch pedal engaged ) it would rev match to accommodate that gear and then the release of the clutch. Boom! You're on your way.

I was told however that we are to wait till all technical details behind it are released, but that's what I gathered.

I hope that helps!

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just reached out to Ford Performance and their tech line. I was told they're working on specific verbiage BUT, it will be similar to how rev matching works with the Ranger and Mustang. Of course, rowing through the gears, it's designed for "no lift shifting". For down shifting, a cliff note version from what I gathered is once the clutch pedal is engaged, there would be a pause and once the truck is in the desired lower gear ( still clutch pedal engaged ) it would rev match to accommodate that gear and then the release of the clutch. Boom! You're on your way.

I was told however that we are to wait till all technical details behind it are released, but that's what I gathered.

I hope that helps!
Wow that seems pretty awesome I never drove a ranger or mustang so that helps. Maybe have to consider keeping my bronco and getting this tune. Waiting on a new transmission right now driving rental so was thinking of trading it in.

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow that seems pretty awesome I never drove a ranger or mustang so that helps. Maybe have to consider keeping my bronco and getting this tune. Waiting on a new transmission right now driving rental so was thinking of trading it in.
With factory rev matching, me neither haha. I'd imagine it takes some getting used to, but gotta be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it! Oh man, what happened? Under warranty I'd imagine?
I'll tell you, these are A LOT more enjoyable to drive was once calibrated. Not discrediting the factory tune, but can't go wrong with more power!

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@LethalPerformance first off thank you for all of the work that goes into investigating all our questions!

I have one for you now. Did the Ford Perf Rep happen to say when these would be delivered? I went to the Dealer that I bought my WildTrak from and placed my order which they didn't know they could do because they didn't know they were out. They didn't give me.an ETA so figured I would ask you.

I have my list of other parts to buy from you ready and will be placing that soon. Thanks again for all the great reviews and work on this.
I didn't see a response to delivery timelines....Did Ford comment on when these will be orderable and when these will be deliverable?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn't see a response to delivery timelines....Did Ford comment on when these will be orderable and when these will be deliverable?
We're showing an ETA from Ford Performance of 10/13/22. Could be sooner or could be later. Hopefully they hit that target date as we have a lot on order with them.

Thanks!

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With factory rev matching, me neither haha. I'd imagine it takes some getting used to, but gotta be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it! Oh man, what happened? Under warranty I'd imagine?
I'll tell you, these are A LOT more enjoyable to drive was once calibrated. Not discrediting the factory tune, but can't go wrong with more power!
Long story short been having noises from trans/clutch since I got it. Progressively got worse and Ford got involved on here actually. They could never find out why so I had to basically keep driving it until it broke. Last Monday it started “bucking” real bad and noise from clutch got worse, and it’s almost as if something inside transmission failed cause it’s very hard for shifter to go into gears…so they’re replacing clutch, slave, and transmission. From researching it looks like it’s not an isolated problem on the 7MT either. 🥺 so I’ve been weighing back and forth on whether to keep or trade and just wait till it’s all ironed out.

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Long story short been having noises from trans/clutch since I got it. Progressively got worse and Ford got involved on here actually. They could never find out why so I had to basically keep driving it until it broke. Last Monday it started “bucking” real bad and noise from clutch got worse, and it’s almost as if something inside transmission failed cause it’s very hard for shifter to go into gears…so they’re replacing clutch, slave, and transmission. From researching it looks like it’s not an isolated problem on the 7MT either. 🥺 so I’ve been weighing back and forth on whether to keep or trade and just wait till it’s all ironed out.
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I can understand why maybe you'd wanna switch it up after that. Could always go auto! Still a blast to drive, but I do like the driving experience manual offers you. That really stinks.

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like it's still baby steps... I'm waiting for a more all inclusive program upgrade that will support the upgrades installed and mapping for bigger upgrades (throttle body, turbos).
Yes. I’d also like to see a stock 2.7 dyno on 87 vs 93 octane. These results are so minimal I’m curious how much of the performance gains are just coming from the higher octane.

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I hope that helps!

Now I gotta look for a YouTube video on no lift shifting in the Ranger, that sounds fun!

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. I’d also like to see a stock 2.7 dyno on 87 vs 93 octane. These results are so minimal I’m curious how much of the performance gains are just coming from the higher octane.
From looking through the various modules out there it's about 30 HP for $500. There is one that offers 7 Stage tuning which looks interesting but you can only go up to Stage 3 with pump gas. The other stages just are not practical for me.

I'm waiting for a tuner & mapping program that allows parameters changes for upgraded part(s).
Sponsored