Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am anticipating the same, just like the Ford Rangers. Also Ford does update this product, so every now and then they roll out more power!
The device and vehicle itself are both capable of cloud updates. However I'm unsure of what the process is if they push a new updated cal after it's already been installed. I have a few questions like this that I will be asking my Ford Performance rep about. Once I have the answers to them I'll reply with what I find out.
Sponsored

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
The device and vehicle itself are both capable of cloud updates. However I'm unsure of what the process is if they push a new updated cal after it's already been installed. I have a few questions like this that I will be asking my Ford Performance rep about. Once I have the answers to them I'll reply with what I find out.
My understanding in reading the pdf instructions are that your stock is kept on profile. I assumed it was for flashing back, but that was just an assumption.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok guys. I spoke with a Ford Performance rep today and have some clarification for those who were asking some questions which I was unsure about.

1. The device does give you the option to save the stock file to it before flashing it with the performance calibration. You also have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock with the device at any point.

2. The device does not need to stay plugged in for the calibration to work. Once the vehicle is flashed you can unplug the device and store it away. The only reason to keep the device plugged in would be to monitor real live data, monitor/read/clear dtc's or to datalog with.

3. Calibration updates- These are very rare on the Ford Performance calibrations. So don't expect them to roll out updated tunes often or at all. With that said if they ever do roll out an update here's how you would go about doing it. Ford Performance highly recommends when receiving the device and requesting the file through their system that you register under your own name not the dealer name or person who may be installing the calibration for you. This way you have your own profile on Ford Performance's site which you can log in to at any point on your own. The registration in general is required in order for you to receive the initial file for the vehicle. If you do login to the system you can see if an update is available or it will simply show the version of calibration you're currently running on your Bronco.

The initial file as well as any update if any is downloaded onto your desktop from the Ford Performance portal and transfers to the device with the USB cord. No SD card is used nor is the initial file uploaded through the cloud to the vehicle.

4. Extended Warranty- Someone had asked how this may or may not effect a Ford extended warranty plan. I was told that they are unsure of that and it would be best to contact the extended warranty department for more information if that's something you're concerned about.

Hope that helps. If you have anymore questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My understanding in reading the pdf instructions are that your stock is kept on profile. I assumed it was for flashing back, but that was just an assumption.
You are correct. Per my conversation with Ford Performance this morning here's what I was told.

The device does give you the option to save the stock file to it before flashing it with the performance calibration. You also have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock with the device at any point.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just would like to verify that this is the only current available option that offers 7MT Rev matched downshifting, is that correct?
You are correct. There are no other devices or calibrations at this moment which offer this. Whipple has a calibration available for the 2.7L only. Since the 7MT is only available in the 2.3L platform the Ford Performance cal is the only option for a full flash with rev match downshifting.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok guys. I spoke with a Ford Performance rep today and have some clarification for those who were asking some questions which I was unsure about.

1. The device does give you the option to save the stock file to it before flashing it with the performance calibration. You also have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock with the device at any point.

2. The device does not need to stay plugged in for the calibration to work. Once the vehicle is flashed you can unplug the device and store it away. The only reason to keep the device plugged in would be to monitor real live data, monitor/read/clear dtc's or to datalog with.

3. Calibration updates- These are very rare on the Ford Performance calibrations. So don't expect them to roll out updated tunes often or at all. With that said if they ever do roll out an update here's how you would go about doing it. Ford Performance highly recommends when receiving the device and requesting the file through their system that you register under your own name not the dealer name or person who may be installing the calibration for you. This way you have your own profile on Ford Performance's site which you can log in to at any point on your own. The registration in general is required in order for you to receive the initial file for the vehicle. If you do login to the system you can see if an update is available or it will simply show the version of calibration you're currently running on your Bronco.

The initial file as well as any update if any is downloaded onto your desktop from the Ford Performance portal and transfers to the device with the USB cord. No SD card is used nor is the initial file uploaded through the cloud to the vehicle.

4. Extended Warranty- Someone had asked how this may or may not effect a Ford extended warranty plan. I was told that they are unsure of that and it would be best to contact the extended warranty department for more information if that's something you're concerned about.

Thanks!
Sounds handy to keep as a DTC reader, vs a laptop w/ ForScan. You could also go with an adapter and an app for your smart phone, but gives the device some purpose after installing the tune.

I like it saves the original calibration. Sounds like you'd want to work closely with the installer to make sure you get an account created and they save the factory tune.

I'm waiting on reviews to make sure it doesn't mess up the off road calibrations. I'd hate every GOAT Mode to turn into a mild variation of Sport mode

Thanks for the followup!!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds handy to keep as a DTC reader, vs a laptop w/ ForScan. You could also go with an adapter and an app for your smart phone, but gives the device some purpose after installing the tune.

I like it saves the original calibration. Sounds like you'd want to work closely with the installer to make sure you get an account created and they save the factory tune.

I'm waiting on reviews to make sure it doesn't mess up the off road calibrations. I'd hate every GOAT Mode to turn into a mild variation of Sport mode

Thanks for the followup!!
All modes function the same just enhanced with more power/tq and transmission shift schedules.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All modes function the same just enhanced with more power/tq and transmission shift schedules.
yes, that's what I'm wary of.
I don't want Rock Crawl mode to feel more 'touchy' no matter if it's because of more aggressive engine tune or transmission tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't want Rock Crawl mode to feel more 'touchy' no matter if it's because of more aggressive engine tune or transmission tune.
Since rock crawl mode is really only used at low speed with the four wheel drive lock you really shouldn't have to worry about shifting. You'll just have more power/tq available to you than you did before.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FP ProCal 4 features (included in FP calibration tune):

Introducing the new engineering designed and focused Ford Performance ProCal 4 Calibration delivery tool. The ProCal 4 can be used with Ford Performance Control Packs as a diagnostic/data logging tool. Allows download/delivery of future Ford Performance calibrations. ProCal 4 cable easily plugs into the OBDII port. Features include:​
  • High resolution touch screen with intuitive graphical interface
    • Cloud updatable
    • Reads and clears DTCs (DTC descriptions displayed)
    • Speedometer correction for gear/tire changes (within factory parameters)
    • Real-time engine data display - air/fuel ratio, spark timing, cam timing, throttle angle
    • Real-time data logging
Also performs valuable service functions including:​
  • Key on/Engine off test
    • Key on/Engine running test
    • Profile relearning (Crank relearn)
    • Clear adaptive fuel trims
    • Clear keep alive memory
Includes a swivel suction cup window mount.​
***NOTE*** NO Performance calibration included.​

I wonder if they'll distribute the FP severe duty steering rack calibration through this tool...

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
Can we stack this on top of the JB4? Any idea of that is a) OK and b) if the results would be additive or diminishing?

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, Ford should clarify, they say "premium" fuel is required however their warranty for the performance packs at one point stated 91 octane minimum. So are the ratings at 91 octane (and I suspect they are because 93 is not available everywhere and since they are not a boutique tuner but rather a global manufacturer...) If 91 octane, that could explain some of the reason for somewhat lower gains than others publish.

Someone said CA can't get 93, just 91, 93 is rare here, 91 is everywhere.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would bet that is one reason why the 2.7 is "neutered" in first gear although they could easily have limited that to the rock-crawl G.O.A.T. mode (unless someone just got lazy or was seriously rushed)...
Sponsored