jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
If there is anything to be disappointed in about today's events, it is the response from supposed enthusiasts on this and other forums. How can you claim to be a Bronco lover, and not get excited about a new Stock racing platform? Whether you follow the sport or not, it has all kinds of benefits for the brand and off-road enthusiasts in general (in terms of the aftermarket options).
Exactly this. 100% people built up their own hype and got mad / disappointed when it wasn’t what they envisioned but this is a good thing overall for the brand even if it isn’t something you can buy off the lot.

Advertisement

ironmike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Exactly this. 100% people built up their own hype and got mad / disappointed when it wasn’t what they envisioned but this is a good thing overall for the brand even if it isn’t something you can buy off the lot.
Thanks for that. Speaking of "buy off the lot", if that Bronco 4600 was produced for sale, I wonder what it would cost. I'll bet it cost close to 6 figures to build that rig...

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jetta
Clubs

If there is anything to be disappointed in about today's events, it is the response from supposed enthusiasts on this and other forums. How can you claim to be a Bronco lover, and not get excited about a new Stock racing platform? Whether you follow the sport or not, it has all kinds of benefits for the brand and off-road enthusiasts in general (in terms of the aftermarket options).
I don’t care for racing. I’m not mechanically inclined. Have very little interest in after market. I was hoping for an Uber retro trim package to go along with my father’s classic bronco. That’s why I have little enthusiasm for this reveal. Not for me but happy for all that are excited.

Last edited:

UncleBuck

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
I am intrigued by the hidden winch. I wonder if something like this will be available for the commercial market.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Love the look of the Ford Bronco Race Truck. This Truck has given me a lot of Ideas to make my Bronco my own. Keep it up Ford. Thanks.

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
It was a racing event and they showed off racing Broncos... seems pretty fitting to me. That rig with all the one off custom stuff yeah I can see 80K easy.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
That thing would be an easy $125K. Just paint a 2 door just like it and bam, ya got one. We'll see how well it does on race day. Some before and after pictures would be fun.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Clubs

Internal components shot of a 74 Weld portal. 20/31 teeth (1.55:1). I suppose if the rear has a 5:13, the front could be a 3.31 (reverse-turning).
1612401909726.png
I want to understand this....LMAO

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Normally the axle half shaft would go through the center of the hub/wheel. Portals offset the hub from the axle. This offset gives you more ground clearance and more lift while maintaining better suspension geometry. Additionally more gear reduction can also be built in.

Last edited:

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

the idea behind a portal is clearance as it moves the centerline down at the wheel but higher clearance at the connecting point to the axle / links plus you can mess with gearing ratios.

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Clubs

The title was a bit misleading, so I was right?! Its another "concept" that won't be produced?! HA!
I wasn't sure why there was so much hate for it til i realized the date.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement