Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

$2500 is a little steep IMO, but the price will prolly come down with more vendors. racing 1/2 shafts in the mustang for IRS are around 1500 for the beefier ones.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got off the phone with RCV who advised the axles will be around $2500.
I think it will be one of my first upgrades since I wheel solo in remote areas.
I wouldn't be so quick to upgrade. The Bronco axles are spec'd for 35's. On other vehicles 35's are oversized and require the upgrade. Time will tell.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$2500 is a little steep IMO, but the price will prolly come down with more vendors. racing 1/2 shafts in the mustang for IRS are around 1500 for the beefier ones.
My question is are the RCV half shafts the ones that Ford is referencing that will be available in Q4 dubbed as upgraded axle shafts.
I guess no one really knows at this point.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORD PERFORMANCE REVEALS THE FUTURE OF BUILT WILD OFF-ROAD RACING, BRONCO 4600 RACE TRUCK SET TO RUN IN ULTRA4 STOCK CLASS

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-2.jpg

• Ford Performance unveils the future of Built Wild™ off-road racing at King of the Hammers – Bronco 4600 stock class race trucks to compete alongside Bronco 4400 unlimited 4x4s in the ULTRA4 off-road series
  • All-new Bronco race trucks will be built from factory stock Bronco two-door SUV chassis and powered by race-bred 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine with competition-tuned High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension (HOSS) System
  • The same Built Wild innovative design and durability testing that went into the all-new Bronco two- and four-door SUVs is inherent in Bronco 4600 race truck, which serves as a test bed for Ford Performance parts and accessories
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 3, 2021 – Today, Ford Performance is revealing the all-new Bronco 4600 race trucks that will run in ULTRA4 stock class beginning this year. The all-new outdoor brand of Built Wild™ 4x4s, Bronco 4600 race truck demonstrates how 2021 Bronco two-door and four-door customers can prep their 4x4 for off-road racing in the ULTRA4 series.

“Innovating the off-road landscape and competing with Bronco’s higher-speed off-road abilities have always been at the core of Bronco brand’s heritage,” said Dave Rivers, Ford SUV marketing manager. “Our new Bronco 4600 race trucks underscore our motorsports heritage and how the all-new 2021 Bronco can be tuned from the showroom floor to compete in the grueling ULTRA4 stock class series.”

The next step in Built Wild off-road racing

Like the first-generation Bronco that took the 1969 Baja 1000 outright, new Bronco 4600 builds on this winning tradition starting with a 2021 Bronco two-door SUV with stock powertrain running on a competition-tuned High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension (HOSS) System.

“Bronco 4600 underscores how ready the all-new Bronco is for competition and how Ford Performance is committed to driving the brand’s success across multiple off-road series,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “We look forward to off-road racing teams coming to this platform and to Ford Performance stepping up to continuously enhance the state of the art in off-road racing for them.”

Testing of Bronco 4600 begins later this month, with the race trucks going on to run this year in ULTRA4 alongside factory-backed Bronco 4400 series race trucks also revealed this week at King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley, California.

Built on a 2021 Bronco two-door with Sasquatch™ Package, Bronco 4600 utilizes race-tested production 2.7-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6, SelectShift® 10-speed automatic and second-generation T-6 chassis. It serves as a test bed for a growing list of Ford Licensed Accessories and Ford Performance parts alongside the independent performance aftermarket.

Taking learnings from the Bronco R Race Prototype that ran the 2019 and 2020 Baja 1000, the Bronco 4600’s competition-tuned high-performance off-road stability suspension features Fox coilover shocks with remote reservoirs and Fox pneumatic bump stops at all four corners. It also features Wilwood Engineering brakes and 35-inch BFGoodrich® mud-terrain T/A® KM3 tires mounted to Method Race Wheels 202 Forged Beadlock wheels.

Heavy-duty front portal hubs from 74 Weld are mounted to Triton Engineering control arms with heavy-duty Howe hydraulic steering rack with cooler. A factory Dana™ AdvanTEK e-locking differential with RCV custom halfshafts deliver front wheel torque. In back, Triton Engineering rear links support a Dynatrac ProRock XD60® axle with an ARB 35-spline Air Locker® and Spidertrax Spider 9™ axle shafts and hubs. Ford Performance supplies modified front and rear modular steel bumpers and a Warn® ZEON® winch, while RIGID® LED off-road lights improve night vision. A custom roll cage by Geiser Brothers and first-ever FIA off-road-certified race shells from Recaro® are added inside.

Bronco 4600 series teams feature an all-star lineup of off-road racing veterans, including Fun-Haver teammates Vaughn Gittin Jr. and two-time King of the Hammers champion Loren Healy. In addition, a Bronco 4600 will be driven by teammates Jason Scherer, a three-time King of the Hammers champion and Bailey Cole, seasoned racer in ULTRA4 and Score Baja 1000 winner in class. A third Bronco 4600 race team includes Brad Lovell, who has won championships in ULTRA4, and his brother Roger Lovell, a professional engineer who has used his talents in off-road design and also has multiple off-road racing wins and championships.

Inspired ‘war paint’ pays homage to Bronco brand’s race legacy

Bronco 4600 race trucks feature a new livery leveraging factory 2021 Bronco colors – Race Red, Oxford White and Velocity Blue. The front design takes inspiration from the 1969 Baja 1000-winning Bronco, with matte black hood, plus white upper and red lower body lines that transitions into a more modern Bronco design scheme extending rearward.

“Our new ‘war paint’ scheme tells the Bronco race story – up front is chapter one that traces back to the victorious 1969 Bronco, then, as you travel along the side, the lines get more diagonal, more futuristic, signaling the future of the brand,” said Scott Guan, Bronco designer.

The hood sports a white Bronco logo. Like Bronco R Race Prototype and Bronco Sport Rebelle Rally trucks, Bronco 4600’s “R” in the grille is distinctly red.

Official truck and SUV of ULTRA4 and SCORE off-road racing

Bronco brand and Ford’s collaboration with ULTRA4 signals a growing presence in the off-road enthusiast realm. Recently, Ford stepped up to serve as official truck and SUV of SCORE-International Off-Road Racing, which holds the Baja 500, Baja 1000 and San Felipe 250 championships. Ford also serves as official vehicle of Best in the Desert.

To learn more about all-new 2021 Bronco two-, four-door and Bronco Sport models, please visit Ford.com/Bronco. Live-stream King of the Hammers at www.ultra4racing.com/ultra4-racing-live.

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-2.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-3.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-4.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-13.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-14.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-5.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-6.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-7.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-8.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-9.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-10.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-11.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-12.jpg

bronco-4600-race-trucks-ultra4-ford-performance-1.jpg

[/QUOTE Almost makes me want to drop the manual in favor of the auto 2.7.....almost.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't be so quick to upgrade. The Bronco axles are spec'd for 35's. On other vehicles 35's are oversized and require the upgrade. Time will tell.
I'm fixing to go 37's if there is not too much drama with it.

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to understand this....LMAO
More clearance irrespective of wheel circumference. You can imagine a drive axle going out to the hub. As mentioned elsewhere, in a normal scenario you see the left unimog 404 (which does not exist they all have portals haha) where the axle drives the hub directly at the centreline of the wheel. With portals the axle hits the portal assembly up high then a gear or chain drive inside the hub outputs at wheel centreline. This gives more clearance for differentials and axles:

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Debuts Bronco 4600 Race Trucks 1612453591190
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Debuts Bronco 4600 Race Trucks 1612453591190

In this photo you can see the axle up high while the wheel centreline is lower:

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Debuts Bronco 4600 Race Trucks 1612453933283

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised that so few recognize the significance of Ford having 3 factory teams in a stock class. This is huge and will bring a ton of R&D for the Bronco from Ford and other manufacturers.
It took 6 pages in for someone to finally get it. R&D is driven by racing. The 4600 class is so important to that, so we can see more aftermarket support for our own trucks. No .01% of Bronco owners will be doing this type of running/racing, but the engineering driving by this effort will pay dividends to those looking to build up our trucks for strength & reliability.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The winch bumper, seeing the Dana 60 rear and front axle setup with portals and RCV’s is killer. This says a lot for the aftermarket world!
I went through 3 pages of negativity before responding. I think it was a great update!

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
For these portal hubs, the axle centersection/differential also needs to be revised to turn the half-shafts in the opposite direction.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please note: This is a different type of list than the kind a stalker or serial killer would keep... if you were wondering.
Glad we got that clear, but I'll mind my post just the same ;) :p

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More clearance irrespective of wheel circumference. You can imagine a drive axle going out to the hub. As mentioned elsewhere, in a normal scenario you see the left unimog 404 (which does not exist they all have portals haha) where the axle drives the hub directly at the centreline of the wheel. With portals the axle hits the portal assembly up high then a gear or chain drive inside the hub outputs at wheel centreline. This gives more clearance for differentials and axles:

In this photo you can see the axle up high while the wheel centreline is lower:

Thank you! Makes more sense now.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the look of the Ford Bronco Race Truck. This Truck has given me a lot of Ideas to make my Bronco my own. Keep it up Ford. Thanks.

THIS 👆 is exactly why Ford puts this kind of stuff out there. To show what you will be able to do with a "modular" platform. It will be fun to make your Bronco, YOUR Bronco.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got off the phone with RCV who advised the axles will be around $2500.
I think it will be one of my first upgrades since I wheel solo in remote areas.

That's about the going rate for RCV's. (y) (y)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.....do the Mustang axles have a warranty like this ?????

RCV Ultimate IFS CV Axles for Independent Front Suspension are designed to overcome the limitations of your Ford F-150 IFS axle shafts. Ultimate IFS CV Axles provide increased strength that original equipment axle shafts just can't match. Even if you have big tires and big power there are no worries. Ultimate IFS CV Axles are low maintenance, and are backed with a "No Questions Asked" limited lifetime warranty. Our IFS CV axles meet and exceed the strength of a straight axle swap, while allowing you to maintain the traction, smoothness and control of your IFS. Ultimate IFS CV Axles are race proven and endurance tested. Put the power down with confidence!
Sponsored