First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reveal was kind of like waiting for your birthday convinced that you were going to a mini-bike and instead you got a chemistry set.

I'm mostly disappointed in myself for drinking the B6G community Kool-Aid and getting my hopes up for that Warthog or Heritage reveal. I'm sure the three guys that get to drive this Bronco R will enjoy the heck out of it.
The first rule of Bronco6G is never drink the kool-aid.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do these builds at least help advance the capabilities of the stock units? R&D etc. Or are they just completely different trucks with bronco shells.
It's stated that this vehicle was built out of a 2-door Sasquatch.

And all the parts they added are listed in the description... and they're way too specific for these to just be a tease or one-off set of kit:

Built on a 2021 Bronco two-door with Sasquatch™ Package, Bronco 4600 utilizes race-tested production 2.7-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6, SelectShift® 10-speed automatic and second-generation T-6 chassis. It serves as a test bed for a growing list of Ford Licensed Accessories and Ford Performance parts alongside the independent performance aftermarket.

Taking learnings from the Bronco R Race Prototype that ran the 2019 and 2020 Baja 1000, the Bronco 4600’s competition-tuned high-performance off-road stability suspension features Fox coilover shocks with remote reservoirs and Fox pneumatic bump stops at all four corners. It also features Wilwood Engineering brakes and 35-inch BFGoodrich® mud-terrain T/A® KM3 tires mounted to Method Race Wheels 202 Forged Beadlock wheels.

Heavy-duty front portal hubs from 74 Weld are mounted to Triton Engineering control arms with heavy-duty Howe hydraulic steering rack with cooler. A factory Dana™ AdvanTEK e-locking differential with RCV custom halfshafts deliver front wheel torque. In back, Triton Engineering rear links support a Dynatrac ProRock XD60® axle with an ARB 35-spline Air Locker® and Spidertrax Spider 9™ axle shafts and hubs. Ford Performance supplies modified front and rear modular steel bumpers and a Warn® ZEON® winch, while RIGID® LED off-road lights improve night vision. A custom roll cage by Geiser Brothers and first-ever FIA off-road-certified race shells from Recaro® are added inside.
So, the implication is that you could buy your 2-door basesquatch, pull out your credit card, and build one of these for yourself.

Additionally, "factory racing teams" are ways for companies to fund development and stress test components. They absolutely sell units when they win, but product development does come out of it. (See motorcycle racing as a prime example of this.)

Last edited:

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So which blue and red paint is that?

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised that so few recognize the significance of Ford having 3 factory teams in a stock class. This is huge and will bring a ton of R&D for the Bronco from Ford and other manufacturers.
Oh, that's recognized (I think), but my hope was we were going to see something new we could BUY. If that means the portal axles, okay.... but I think many were hoping for a full turnkey customer vehicle.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m actually super excited about the portal hubs after I got over it wasn’t the warthog. But then I probably wouldn’t be able to afford them anyway...

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Uhm, is there is no heritage reveal today? No hog? No green paint? I feel duped.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can I have that interior color choice?

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One positive takeaway is that they are now gonna run "stock" isn't that better odds than the class they did at Baja 1000?

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's stated that this vehicle was built out of a 2-door Sasquatch.

And all the parts they added are listed in the description... and they're way too specific for these to just be a tease or one-off set of kit:

So, the implication is that you could buy your 2-door basesquatch, pull out your credit card, and build one of these for yourself.

Additionally, "factory racing teams" are ways for companies to fund development and stress test components. They absolutely sell units when they win, but product development does come out of it. (See motorcycle racing as a prime example of this.)
I dont know the stock class rules, but I suspect there is something in there about parts availability and not one off stuff or maybe a percentage?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most hype that happened that this was a Heritage or Warthog reveal was from y’all and the pages here.... you fed yourself the hype- “ it’s red, white wheels!, I see white under the top!, the warthog could come out next year!, holding my order!!”- it was you.

Then they reveal something that is actually pretty cool and everybody is on the Ford sucks bandwagon...... 🤣🤣🤣

You played yourselves, calm down ladies, this is gonna be a cool ride with a lot of potential. This time next year, there’s gonna be a lot ofgood threads here full of cool builds. 👍
Sponsored