Sponsored

Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily a 2.3 in my mustang and it is a great engine. Better in all respects compared to the 5.0 in my '89 mustang. Drive it and you may be surprised. It will satisfy most people and the rest will have the V-6 option.

The down side to the performance tune is it will most likely require premium gas. But 370 ft lbs compared to the Jeep 3.6l 260 ft lbs - you're going to notice the difference.
yes that’s bassicly all the tune is. Run on 91. And get 370lbft Vs the 270 you get on 87
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'm saying is, if you want to talk about heritage and everything the Bronco has done from the beginning, then they better not put a little bitch engine in it. Otherwise just call it a Bronco II and say "Yeah sorry, we couldn't come up with any better"
With that logic why isn’t Ford using engines designed in 1910?
Im all for heritage but to say you need a big ass engine in your vehicle because the old one had it is stupid. Didn’t that massive engine not even have the amount of power the 4 banger has?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:
  • Off-Road leveling kit
  • FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
  • Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
  • Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
  • $2,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
  • Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
  • BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
  • Rigid off-road fog light kit
  • Ford Performance calibration
  • Blue tow hooks
  • Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
  • $4,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
  • Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
  • Red tow hooks
  • Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
  • Ford Performance chase rack
  • 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
  • $8,995 MSRP before installation
Wait wait WAIT.

If I buy a Level 3 package, I'll get blue AND red tow hooks?

HELL YEAH BROTHER!

MERKA!!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With that logic why isn’t Ford using engines designed in 1910?
Im all for heritage but to say you need a big ass engine in your vehicle because the old one had it is stupid. Didn’t that massive engine not even have the amount of power the 4 banger has?
Let's compare current to current then:

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco V8

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco V6

Either one of those options could sit in the "Beast" category. So once again, 270hp or 280hp whatever it is, doesn't do the new Bronco justice.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let's compare current to current then:

V8.jpg

V6.jpg

Either one of those options could sit in the "Beast" category. So once again, 270hp or 280hp whatever it is, doesn't do the new Bronco justice.
YOU DONT NEED HORSEPOWER

you need torque!!!!!

Horse power is only good for top end speed! And I don’t know about you but I don’t think ANYONE will be doing 120mph+ in a Bronco (probably limited anyway)

torque is 0-60
Torque is towing capacity
Torque is off road capability
Torque is KING!

and 310Lbft is more torque than ANY non luxury, gas powered, midsized crossover or suv out there! Excluding the v8 Grand Cherokee/ Durango.

so please stop with the “weak motor” bs. Because if 310lbft isn’t enough... what are you gonna buy?

300lbft Jeep 2.0?
260lbft Tacoma
280lbft 4Runner?
270lbft Chevy Blazer (lol)
275lbft Chevy Colorado?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU DONT NEED HORSEPOWER

you need torque!!!!!

Horse power is only good for top end speed! And I don’t know about you but I don’t think ANYONE will be doing 120mph+ in a Bronco (probably limited anyway)

torque is 0-60
Torque is KING!

and 310Lbft is more torque than ANY non luxury, gas powered, midsized crossover or suv out there! Excluding the v8 Grand Cherokee/ Durango.

so please stop with the “weak motor” bs. Because if 310lbft isn’t enough... what are you gonna buy?

300lbft Jeep 2.0?
260lbft Tacoma
280lbft 4Runner?
270lbft Chevy Blazer (lol)
275lbft Chevy Colorado?
475 ft-lb 7.3 powered Bronco.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
with the create motor it’s now possible.
Big and heavy. But possible.
eh, it weighs in at around 550lbs, only about 100 lbs heavier than the 2.7, the 5.0 weighs even less than that. and the 7.3 is 50 lbs lighter than the LS1.

generally speaking, my fat ass and gear would make more of a difference.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
99.99999% of Broncos will not get a V8 swap. The options available will be more than adequate.

People will be too busy doing mods that actually have performance benefits :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nah, I'm in the "2.3 isn't enough" camp. Is it just barely more power and torque than the competitors? Sure. But I want to have more than just petty bragging rights over the competitors, I want to be able to FEEL the difference. Give me something with enough power to blow me away, not just barely enough to say "I guess I can live with that"... and then turn it up to 11 for the raptor. That's how you capture a market after a 25-year hiatus, not by coming out of the gate saying "well technically, it IS more power"

Edit: I'm also not a "V8 in the Bronco" kind of guy. Just the 280/310 of the 2.3 is extremely lackluster. It's an enthusiast car... if you're going to stick us with the 2.3, make it Mustang-spec at least. But we really should be able to get the 2.7 in standard trim models

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah, I'm in the "2.3 isn't enough" camp. Is it just barely more power and torque than the competitors? Sure. But I want to have more than just petty bragging rights over the competitors, I want to be able to FEEL the difference. Give me something with enough power to blow me away, not just barely enough to say "I guess I can live with that"... and then turn it up to 11 for the raptor. That's how you capture a market after a 25-year hiatus, not by coming out of the gate saying "well technically, it IS more power"

Edit: I'm also not a "V8 in the Bronco" kind of guy. Just the 280/310 of the 2.3 is extremely lackluster. It's an enthusiast car... if you're going to stick us with the 2.3, make it Mustang-spec at least. But we really should be able to get the 2.7 in standard trim models
but THANKFULLY ford has options.

typically it’s
1 - Base engine that’s on par with the completion
2 - higher trim option
3 - high performance option

sometimes those top two are the same. But they always have a “turn to 11” option.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The big difference with the 2.3 is not the overall numbers, but the torque curve and “butt dyno”. The 2.3 produces max torque of 310ftlbs at 3K RPM vs the 3.6l in the wrangler producing 260ftlbs at 4800 RPM. That is an ENORMOUS difference. Just to put it into numbers, it is 17% more torque at 37% lower RPMS.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

YOU DONT NEED HORSEPOWER

you need torque!!!!!

torque is 0-60
Torque is KING!
Here ya go grumpy.... last I checked 400 is more than 310. So once again, give me the bigger engine so I can accelerate quicker and tow more. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco torque
Sponsored