Sponsored

Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

99.99999% of Broncos will not get a V8 swap. The options available will be more than adequate.

People will be too busy doing mods that actually have performance benefits :ROFLMAO:
Hey @Nickp if ya want, I'll buy you your first pair of "Angry Eyes" :D I hear they cut down on drag!
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:
  • Off-Road leveling kit
  • FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
  • Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
  • Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
  • $2,495 MSRP before installation
This is probably worth it for the leveling kit and suspension upgrade backed by the factory warranty. The wheels are "meh" in my opinion (not saying they don't or won't look cool, but rims aren't much of a performance upgrade.

I have some suggestions on where they can put the graphics package...

The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
  • Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
  • BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
  • Rigid off-road fog light kit
  • Ford Performance calibration
  • Blue tow hooks
  • Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
  • $4,495 MSRP before installation
MOAR POWUR! *grunt grunt grunt grunt*

Tires are an actual functional upgrade.

More light is always better.

As long as I have tow hooks, I don't care what color they are, but if I were going to pick a color, it would be blue. I'm guessing they're powder coated. Wonder how that will hold up to actual use.

"Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame"? NO WAY! I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE THAT. IT WILL TOTES MAKE MY RIG 1,000,000% MORE EFFECTIVE ON THE ROCKS!!!!

Really, Ford? Fuck that.

The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
  • Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
  • Red tow hooks
  • Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
  • Ford Performance chase rack
  • 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
  • $8,995 MSRP before installation
Again, more light, more better.

Wait...are the tow hooks blue or red? Or both? Purple tow hooks?! Sign me up for that shit!

Probably won't be getting a "chase rack" in the Bronco. Upgraded roll cage, maybe?

Upgraded exhaust? Sweet! Now my 4-banger Bronco can sound like an even angrier weed whacker! C'mon. Is there an actual, measurable, real world performance difference to an exhaust upgrade? Especially since this one is probably just the tip (giggity?). And even if there is, I'm not drag racing this thing. Will it make it better off road?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I keep joking about 5.0 and 7.3s all the time. But it looks like I will be more than happy with the 2.7 for some time, at least so long as this remains under warranty and a daily driver. If it ever turns into full toy mode, then that might change. but as pointed out, the 2.7 puts out more power than any of the 8's that graced the Bronco stock in the past.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know I keep joking about 5.0 and 7.3s all the time. But it looks like I will be more than happy with the 2.7 for some time, at least so long as this remains under warranty and a daily driver. If it ever turns into full toy mode, then that might change. but as pointed out, the 2.7 puts out more power than any of the 8's that graced the Bronco stock in the past.
That’s how I feel. If I’m at 250k miles in 15 years and the 2.7 or 2.3 blows I’ll definitely be looking at whatever crazy V8 swaps we have at that point. I’ll worry about that in 2035 though ;)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It does remind me alot of the ZR2 packages, I looked those up yesterday due to that other thread on the GM contract.
I looked at a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, $10,000 option for maybe $2,000's worth of rollbar, lightbar and decals, another suckers option package.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked at a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, $10,000 option for maybe $2,000's worth of rollbar, lightbar and decals, another suckers option package.
Still the best deal going in that space. You can get in a diesel one under 40k from time to time here. TRD Pro Tacos don't go for a dime off MSRP, and are usually stickered at 50. Same with 4Runner Pros.

I mean...They're fugly. But for the gear that comes standard...Hard to beat. And I've driven a couple...Those shocks are pure magic.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's compare current to current then:

V8.jpg

V6.jpg

Either one of those options could sit in the "Beast" category. So once again, 270hp or 280hp whatever it is, doesn't do the new Bronco justice.
I’m sorry but I don’t see what you are trying to say here? 270hp for a base engine is great. If you don’t like that no problem you can either pay more for a different engine or use the options ford performance will give you.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing based on the hp boost, that is for the 4 banger? Which makes it sound like if I don't get Package #2 then I get a little 4 banger with about 280hp?
Damn that sucks.... Wonder if they'll have crate motors available at launch...
280hp is what the wife's POS Jeep gets :mad: And if @Nickp is close with his numbers I'm looking at $40k for a crappy 316hp 4 cyl.... that doesn't make me happy!

You're killing me @Administrator
Idm a 4banger so long as it comes with stick

Always other mods to do, like intercooler, Cai, downpipe, etc for more ponies

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me the goal is a 2.7 with a stick. I like the cabin tech, but don't need it... The idea of factory backed actual performance enhancements, something that is warrantied, repeatable and reliable, that's music to my ears!

I will be dailying this thing for the first several years, still want to mod it and personalize it, but factory backed options are good news for me... especially if I have to settle for the 4 pot.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll get both, don't worry. Ecoboost engines are torque monsters, but they don't skimp on the power either.
I know. I'm fine with the 2.7. The 2.3 is more than adequate, but im an HP junky. I'll the the 2.7 for now, and in 10 years or 20 years Illl drop in something else...5.0, 7.3, etc.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'm saying is, if you want to talk about heritage and everything the Bronco has done from the beginning, then they better not put a little bitch engine in it. Otherwise just call it a Bronco II and say "Yeah sorry, we couldn't come up with any better"
To be fair, the early Bronco had a "little bitch" 170 cu in 105hp engine. It did a nice job. Torquey and fine on the highway up to around 65. The next step up was a 302 at around 150hp. Our Bronco II was 140 hp. It did fine with four people towing a boat. Heck my '92 lightning 351W was only 250hp.

The new four is gonna be very capable, I reckon.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be fair, the early Bronco had a "little bitch" 170 cu in 105hp engine. It did a nice job. Torquey and fine on the highway up to around 65. The next step up was a 302 at around 150hp. Our Bronco II was 140 hp. It did fine with four people towing a boat. Heck my '92 lightning 351W was only 250hp.

The new four is gonna be very capable, I reckon.
Well crap, most engines back in the 70's were low on specs, 80's got a little better, 90's even better. So really to compare a 70's engine to a 90's engine isn't a fair comparison. Hell look at my 2012 Mustang V6.... what's it get like 305hp? When a Mustang GT from 2008 only had 320hp? (obvious torque differences though). And that's only a few years apart.

Let me put it this way. If I had my choice, it'd be a nice sounding V8 under the hood, with a 4 BBL Holley carb :D Sadly though, I'm not getting my way. And therefor have to hope that whatever it is, can tow 4000-5000 pounds and doesn't cost me $40k. Because I don't want that. I'm good with a base model. Like a few have said around here, I don't need nor care to have all the bells and whistles. I'd pay a few bucks to upgrade the engine and I'll be happy.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thank+gif.gif

But yeah the Bronco will be way more powerful than anything else in the class. I'll just leave it at that.
That leaves us with the age old question... Will it be able to get out of it's own way?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That leaves us with the age old question... Will it be able to get out of it's own way?
4Runner has less hp/tq, a 5 speed transmission, and weighs quite a bit more than the Bronco should. It's...Fine. Not fast, but I've driven quite a few and didn't really think much about it at all.

If the 2.7 is in the Bronco, I think it's gonna be a fantastic setup.

Even the 2.3 in the Ranger goes like hell compared to the V6s in its peers.
Sponsored