Sponsored

Ford Performance Offering a Tune for the 2.3 Ranger

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seventh gear is 1 to 1. 1 -2 - three are all below 2 to 1
1 - 4.7, 2 - 3.0 3 - 2.1, 4 - 1.8 5 - 1.5. 6 - 1.3 7 - 1 8 - 0.85. 9 - 0.7. 10 - 0.6.
For reference the 5 speed in the 5g was

1 - 3.9. 2. -2.3. 3 -1.5. 4 - 1. 5 - 0.8

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I admit I have not done technical wheeling where one second I am just off idle and the next I have 20 MPH wheel speed WHILE the trans is shifting all over the place (and trying to manage a boost curve). Maybe it will work.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just tried it again, seemed to work.
Still can’t get it to work, I’ll have to try it on a real computer instead of my phone sometime.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, that all makes sense, and I learned a thing. Thanks!

I was surfing utube videos and found this and immediately thought of this topic we were on not long ago.

It's three reductions and NO ONE in the driver's seat. ....... and if you listen close he says "no lockers"

It's all about gearing when crawling. 6000 ft lbs at idle.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was surfing utube videos and found this and immediately thought of this topic we were on not long ago.

It's three reductions and NO ONE in the driver's seat. ....... and if you listen close he says "no lockers"

That certainly brings a whole new meaning to the first half of the phrase "as slow as possible, as fast as necessary."

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's a cool demonstration, but, the combination of the snails pace going up the rock and the SUPER jittery camera just about drove me nuts.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a cool demonstration, but, the combination of the snails pace going up the rock and the SUPER jittery camera just about drove me nuts.

When I started watching I just knew what was gonna happen. had to check the time on it, I though, man this is gonna take an hour :LOL: Thought it was going to stall when the tire started to squish and then it slowed, then the efi kicked in and it continued to crawl. When I bought the TJ and had my wife on the trails, I freaked her out when I put it in 4 LO, first gear, let the clutch out and proceeded to exit the vehicle. :ROFLMAO: It would top out about 30 mph in 5th gear while in 4 LO. I also liked where he crawled under the truck with it still moving.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

And yet no one thought of that in this KOH qualifier @ Rausch???
Starting 3:16

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And yet no one thought of that in this KOH qualifier @ Rausch???
Starting 3:16

I should have put ….. when you don't have a lot of horsepower. …. after the "it's all about gearing" thing.

Not to mention this is a timed competition. I don't think the word "crawling" fits here but I get the point. That taco would go over as well just not very fast. Plus the" slick rock "makes for easy display.

Gotta love them PA trails though. (y)(y) Awesome vid !!

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should have put ….. when you don't have a lot of horsepower. …. after the "it's all about gearing" thing.

Not to mention this is a timed competition. I don't think the word "crawling" fits here but I get the point. That taco would go over as well just not very fast. Plus the" slick rock "makes for easy display.

Gotta love them PA trails though. (y)(y) Awesome vid !!
Understood. I get the points overall

but, it seems to be about 5 times a year it's dried up enough to "crawl' anywhere that near that vid in eastern Pa anyway. With almost double the rainfall the past couple years, it's just getting worse with the mud, wet leaves, and especially moss (moss being the worst on some of the less run harder trails).

I'm somewhat jaded having wheeled a 6000 lb pig for the past 17 years, but that is by choice, could
have rebuilt it on some other rig (even an EB body which I have), but these new 4 doors are going to end up closer to FSB weight once built, vs EB weight I suspect, and that kills climbing ability when you don't have sanpaper traction like out west.

I did find one vid where the same guy came out of a stream and had minor problem climbing a wet sandy (appeared mild, but vids can be deceiving) incline. then dumped it in ultra ultra low and seemed to have no issue. I've yet to see any of those "examples" on the tractionless east coast though.
Sponsored