Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

https://www.ranger5g.com/ford-perfo...ack-engine-tune-software-m-9603-reb-released/

Ford Performance is offering a tune for $825. Takes the 2.3 from 270HP and 310LBFT to 320HP and 355LBFT. Includes remapping and a transmission tune. With a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. SOLD
Honestly I am surprised Ford hasn't jumped on the train a long time ago. Offer performance tunes with a warranty intact. Pure revenue for them. The few vehicles that do come in for warranty related issues would still be few and far between. I will probably run E85 tunes myself (unless / until I upgrade the entire motor), so I will stick with the aftermarket and fix what I break, but thats just me. Thanks for the post. -BOR

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imma be real... I have no interest. Between premium gas and and the worse mileage I’ll keep my base engine. It’ll be plenty of power for my purposes IMO.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imma be real... I have no interest. Between premium gas and and the worse mileage I’ll keep my base engine. It’ll be plenty of power for my purposes IMO.
many tunes also offer better mileage the problem is people enjoy them so much the mileage goes down..

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't wait to see what kind of numbers they give us from the 2.7 with the warranty. Something like 370hp I expect. I'd definitely pick that up.

I'd be running premium gas regardless to get the most power it can give me, pretty sure all the ecoboost engines recommend it.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm assuming that these tunes might not quite hit the emissions numbers they want which is why they'd rather offer them as add-ons? Similar to how you can buy a 'racing exhaust' for a motorcycle from the dealer with a warranty, but they can't offer it as an actual option on the bike because of restrictions. This way they don't have to report emissions numbers for the tuned vehicle but can make people happy on the performance front.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm assuming that these tunes might not quite hit the emissions numbers they want which is why they'd rather offer them as add-ons? Similar to how you can buy a 'racing exhaust' for a motorcycle from the dealer with a warranty, but they can't offer it as an actual option on the bike because of restrictions. This way they don't have to report emissions numbers for the tuned vehicle but can make people happy on the performance front.
exactly. If it’s a factory option is has to be included in their emissions standards as well as “EPA average” for the lineup. where if it’s a dealer option, as long as it’s road legal, your good. So a California is SOL

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im really excited about this, I fully plan to get mine right away with the most performance options ford has for it. Im likely a 2nd year buyer so hopefully there will be plenty of options by then. I would love to see a tune, maybe a bigger intercooler, or exhaust. Mileage is really not an issue for me as I am used to stuff that barely breaks into double digits. I just want the best performing bronco I can get from Ford.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
many tunes also offer better mileage the problem is people enjoy them so much the mileage goes down..
I've had dozens of tunes in various vehicles and every single one of them has gotten better mileage than a factory tune. Especially in a forced induction environment.

Deleted member 3063

Little different than the 2020 Mustang 2.3L with a K&N air filter, but nothing to sneeze at.

While we wouldn't call either the 2020 Ford Ranger or Ford Mustang GT lacking in power, we certainly don't complain when we can get more. And Ford Performance is offering more power for both vehicles with new ECU tunes from its ProCal range.

The Ranger's kit is more noteworthy, as it's the first for the truck from Ford directly. The kit includes a K&N high-flow drop-in air filter and the equipment needed to upload the new engine and transmission tune. The company claims an extra 45 horsepower at 4,500 rpm and 60 pound-feet of torque at 2,500 rpm. Ford also told us the peak output numbers for the Ranger. It makes an impressive 320 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque, big upgrades over the regular Ranger's rating of 270 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. The tune also updates the shift timing and characteristics for the Ranger's 10-speed automatic, apparently giving it "crisper, more precise shifts." This isn't the first engine tune for the Ranger on the market, other companies have released their own, but a perk of the Ford example is that it's legal in all 50 states, yes, even California. It also comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified technician.

Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see something that is Connecticut Emission legal (some K&N air intakes aren't street legal in this crazy state) that boosts torque in the 1000 -3000 range.. the 2.3 has plenty of power above 3000, it needs some torque below it.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they get a tune for the 2.7tt, I'll just get the bolt on's and then due the tune, win win

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd like to see something that is Connecticut Emission legal (some K&N air intakes aren't street legal in this crazy state) that boosts torque in the 1000 -3000 range.. the 2.3 has plenty of power above 3000, it needs some torque below it.
The 2.3L in the Ranger reaches its max torque at 3,000 RPM according to this.

I assume that it doesn't magically jump from no torque to 310 pound feet of it as soon as it hits 3k RPM, but I'm too lazy to Google a graph showing its torque curve.
Sponsored