Sponsored

Ford Performance Procal 4 with Calibrations for the 2.7L/2.3L - Backed by a 3/36 Warranty

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you purchase the device once the calibration is CARB approved you'll request it from Ford Performance and will receive it.

Just to be clear, no changes with the device can be made without the calibration. So the device won't really be able to be used until the calibration becomes available.
Ahh… I see. So how can I find out if I can get authorization for the tune on this bronco built and purchased in Michigan that is not currently registered In CA?
Sponsored

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those curious... I did some shopping on the installation cost in my area in New England. Most dealers in my area are charging $150 - $250 for installation.

Is it worth that?? No, absolutely not. Anyone who is moderately computer savvy can do it just by following the instructions. But it seems to be the price you have to pay to retain the warranty (unfortunately). Granted I could probably get it done by another ASE certified tech at a 3rd party shop, but I didn't want to give Ford any excuses not to deny my warranty, so I've opted to use a dealer.
Once you get this installed...do you have to go to the dealer every time you want to make a change? Tires, or anything else that the tune give the ability to do? OR, once it is "installed" can you access all of the functions that this provides without warranty issues?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Once you get this installed...do you have to go to the dealer every time you want to make a change? Tires, or anything else that the tune give the ability to do? OR, once it is "installed" can you access all of the functions that this provides without warranty issues?
No need to take it to a dealer or mechanic to make any changes once the cal has been installed. Those are all user options which are available for you to change when you want.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only the act of programming the tune (or reverting back to the factory tune) requires the dealer for warranty purposes. Everything else you can do yourself.

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No need to take it to a dealer or mechanic to make any changes once the cal has been installed. Those are all user options which are available for you to change when you want.
Thank you @LethalPerformance and @RagnarKon. Now if I could only get it on sale again (would probably save my marriage with all of the money I have spent so far....)

I am days away from getting it now....

Sponsored

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone got confirmation how this for performance affects the ford extended protection plan? I bought the Ford ESP (called something else now) for my Bronco and would love to install this but don’t want to mess up my extended. Thanks!
ANYONE!?!?!?!......Lethal? I also seek the answer to this question. Based on how I read the coverage, I suspect it can/will be used to deny powertrain warranty claims. I purchased my extended from Granger and asked them. They did not answer directly but instead, pointed out the applicable verbiage in the warranty.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you @LethalPerformance and @RagnarKon. Now if I could only get it on sale again (would probably save my marriage with all of the money I have spent so far....)

No worries. Always here to help when needed. You can use coupon code BUCKLEUP at checkout for your discount. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ANYONE!?!?!?!......Lethal? I also seek the answer to this question. Based on how I read the coverage, I suspect it can/will be used to deny powertrain warranty claims. I purchased my extended from Granger and asked them. They did not answer directly but instead, pointed out the applicable verbiage in the warranty.
I'm sorry but I do not know the answer to this. In the past when I've asked about it the answer was pretty unclear. What I do know is that when installed by an ASE tech or Ford Dealer you do get a 3/36 warranty as coverage. Just don't know how that plays into extended warranties and have never been able to get a clear answer on it.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LOL. I am currently feeling this pain. "When is this going to stop?" she asks.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer...I'm new to Ford Performance Tuning, is this something that gets updated and needs to be re-applied if updated? If so, how do I know when there has been an update? I just installed the windows application update...just not sure if that impacts the actual tune available.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry but I do not know the answer to this. In the past when I've asked about it the answer was pretty unclear. What I do know is that when installed by an ASE tech or Ford Dealer you do get a 3/36 warranty as coverage. Just don't know how that plays into extended warranties and have never been able to get a clear answer on it.
So I've gone down a Google rabbit hole on this. Apparently no one including Ford has ever directly answered this question. Which I take to mean it's the typical Magnuson-Moss situation.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've gone down a Google rabbit hole on this. Apparently no one including Ford has ever directly answered this question. Which I take to mean it's the typical Magnuson-Moss situation.
I spoke to the customer service number today at Ford Protect and after a 10 minute hold while the representative researched the question. I was told that the installation of the Pro Cal and tune would not effect the extended warranty. I am a bit skeptical because the representative made reference to the 3 year / 36 warranty as the warranty for the Pro Cal tuner itself??? But that this would not affect my 8/125k extended warranty. Not sure I am ready to pull the trigger yet but I’m definitely closer.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im looking to order the ProCal 4 kit for my 2021 Bronco. Currently have the JB4 on and I beleive that both can work simultaneously.

However, I am living the UAE (Dubai). Is there any regional restrictions for the Procal 4? Would I face any issues installing it on my car if I am not in the US?

Id like to know as the dealer here is useless, they have never heard of Procal 4 lol. They dont even update the firmware on the cars here, I had to get that done myself through a friend with the Ford FDRS system.

Anyway, looking forward to getting some positive feedback.

Thanks,

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer...I'm new to Ford Performance Tuning, is this something that gets updated and needs to be re-applied if updated? If so, how do I know when there has been an update? I just installed the windows application update...just not sure if that impacts the actual tune available.
Additional updates are possible but optional. I installed mine and it said in the instructions to check periodically for updates and additional features. I'll probably hook my Procal to the computer once or twice a year and see if there are any version updates. You must connect and update your Procal box and download the latest tune the first time you use it though, since there is nothing loaded on it out of the box.