Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If its possible run a test on just a filter. You could save others a ton of money if you do a test on just filter vs cold air and see no gain. Besides it will look cooler
That’s a fantastic idea and I’m gonna look into it for sure. Those cold air systems be expensive but you’re right. It looks cool:)
Sponsored

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In no way am I hating but I wanted to pass on some info. People say the 2.3 is held back by the intake. In this Video the guy made over 20hp off the intake. Look at about 11:30 on the Video you can see his chart and compare it to yours. Now to be clear I'm the guy that says just adding a better filter in your stock will do the same thing but a few are saying I'm wrong on the 2.3 just something to think about a simple filter or cold air intake maybe worth some nice HP gains on your setup with the tune. I say just a better filter but some say you need the full intake. I pointed out on the F150 just a filter is needed no gains off full intake but the claim in just a filter can't give you 20+hp and they could be right on this one I would say regardless a better filter or cold air intake would really help you dyno #s. Nice job and great info thanks

I’m really curious how his numbers stock are so different then mine… my 35’s and gearing must have a big effect on the wheel numbers maybe?

reechar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door 7 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
In order to rule out the tune I attempted to reload the stock tune but it’s giving me an ECU read error. Not sure if this is because my PCM is throwing a code right now or if there is an issue with my stock tune file… either way I’m bummed. I reloaded the performance tune and still an issue. I reset the battery, I checked cable connections, still bad… I bummed lol. To Ford it is.
I have the 2.3 performance tune as well, and wanted to try changing back to stock. I am also getting an error when attempting to flash back to stock "ECU read not valid". Was this the error you had? Were you able to fix it?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the 2.3 performance tune as well, and wanted to try changing back to stock. I am also getting an error when attempting to flash back to stock "ECU read not valid". Was this the error you had? Were you able to fix it?
Nope, it won’t go back. I assumed the tune was reversible but apparently not… maybe Ford Performance could shed some light

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alrighty, it’s been a loooong day. Good news is that I got the tune installed! The limiter was not cooperating so the graph may be a little weird. Basically my tuner had to work around the limiter to get the numbers. We found that the max HP was obtained using 6th gear and max Torque using 7th gear. Max numbers were 257 WHP and 307 ft lbs of torque at the wheel. This is compared to 237/291 stock. It should be noted I have muffler delete and run 91 Oct. Factoring in the generic 15% power drivetrain power loss, the numbers fall far below what Ford claims at 330 hp/385 tq at the crank. This could be in part due to the 35’s though and lack of 93 Oct… who knows?

i will say however, the whole power band changed and much more power comes on way sooner which is honestly a game changer. The transmission also shifts way snappier and feels like a DCT now. So while the numbers are slacking on the top end. The fact I have access to way more power lower in the range is exactly what I need off-road.
Now for the bad… 8 miles after getting the tune installed I got a service 4x4 light and the following codes pictured… to be fair I’m not sure if it’s the tune causing the issue as I recently went mudding and had spent that entire morning today pressure washing under my Bronco… I’m hoping it’s simple like a wheel speed sensor. In order to rule out the tune I attempted to reload the stock tune but it’s giving me an ECU read error. Not sure if this is because my PCM is throwing a code right now or if there is an issue with my stock tune file… either way I’m bummed. I reloaded the performance tune and still an issue. I reset the battery, I checked cable connections, still bad… I bummed lol. To Ford it is.

CC0513B0-36B9-4ABC-A153-510EAEA1BA73.png

A765CE73-2ABC-4C56-8A57-F6F5B2088633.jpeg

2C063695-2814-48C8-AD7C-970751032F06.jpeg
Great news. This is what most overlook when they look at dyno numbers, on a stock vehicle, its not about top end horse power in higher RPMs, as the majority of time no one will be in that area of the range. Its the meat in the middle of the curve and acceleration, meaning how much faster the curve is added. This is what you feel in your seat.

Sponsored

reechar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door 7 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope, it won’t go back. I assumed the tune was reversible but apparently not… maybe Ford Performance could shed some light
Gotcha thanks for adding that bit of info. Also double checking, does your turbo boost gauge still work? Or is just an issue specific to me?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gotcha thanks for adding that bit of info. Also double checking, does your turbo boost gauge still work? Or is just an issue specific to me?
Mine still works. I checked it right after

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That P160 code I believe is a drive train relearning code. There’s also another code for the transmission and axles, I’m sure the the tuner will do that one automatically. I learned this when changing my tire size in forscan

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll never go back. This tune is like godliness. The rev matching is immaculate. The extra guts is amazing. All around it just rocks.
The rev matching alone makes the tune worth it to me. Money well spent on my part.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’m getting my tune installed on Wednesday, you guys are getting me excited…

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty sure you can flash back to your stock tune. Part of the install was to save the stock tune to the FP unit and to the cloud in your FP account. The issue is that the unit can’t be attached to another vehicle so you can’t flash back to stock and sell it to some one of you ever sell your Bronco. This is unlike what I’m used to with Cobb accessports on my Subarus which you can “unmarry” from the car and sell them.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m pretty sure you can flash back to your stock tune. Part of the install was to save the stock tune to the FP unit and to the cloud in your FP account. The issue is that the unit can’t be attached to another vehicle so you can’t flash back to stock and sell it to some one of you ever sell your Bronco. This is unlike what I’m used to with Cobb accessports on my Subarus which you can “unmarry” from the car and sell them.
I hope there is a way. I can see the stock tune saved to my Bronco. But it gives me an error code when I attempt it. I don’t care that much anyway as I love the tune. I’m sure it’s just me not figuring it out yet

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad to see that you are happy with the results. While a lot of people just look at the dyno digits, one of the great parts about this tune is that it also re-maps your shifting, which is huge. As you mentioned, it gives you more "accessible power" in lower ranges as well. If you purely look at the dyno numbers, it doesn't seem like much of an increase. I thought he same thing too, till I read that the tranny remapping was included. I'm looking forward to getting this done in early 2023 (hopefully Jan-Feb) and I'm expecting it to be as good as I think it is :) Plus - Warranty intact :cool:
Sponsored