Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Ford and almost every car companies way to more profits! I always seen certain components of vehicles made weak then the replacement/upgraded factory part is much better but expensive! For example a friend bought a 2001 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and the upper radiator hose was made from plastic. It blew at 38K miles right out of warranty. Replacement was cast aluminum with o rings and cost $1800 in parts or have the dealer complete the job for $4300 installed! Hose was under the intake manifold and required removal of many obstructing parts. Engineered to break as usual. lol
kind of like the plastic gear for the headlight motors for Firebirds. Now why would they use a plastic one instead of even cheap metal? Oh, I know why...$$$$ every few years for replacement motors.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any more news on this or details about how it's strengthened?

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They had them at SEMA, someone posted pic on Insta... The skinny is the rods are only 2MM larger at the tie rods, the rack itself, diameter at the gearing doesn't look any bigger to me?? Not the game changer I was hoping for.... we will see if someone swaps it out when available.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They had them at SEMA, someone posted pic on Insta... The skinny is the rods are only 2MM larger at the tie rods, the rack itself, diameter at the gearing doesn't look any bigger to me?? Not the game changer I was hoping for.... we will see if someone swaps it out when available.
Yeah based on the failure we've seen of that ONE Bronco with the 37s mounted, I was assuming the rack would have hardened gears at the very least. I'm pretty OK with the tie rods being the sacrificial part if the rack can take a hit.

Sponsored