First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Warn has a solution, if there is room under the hood to mount it. CONTROL PACK RELOCATION KIT FOR ZEON WINCHES The only question is will their be room under the hood to relocate it with the 2.7. Control pack relocation
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's crazy that you have to spend an additional $100 to relocate that on an already $1500 winch.

Most of the competition has that ability, without charging extra for it, and their winches are half the price or even less. Warn makes good stuff, but there has to be a limit to how much they are charging.

IMHO, I'd suggest getting the OEM bumper without the winch
Then source your own winch. You could have your dealer mount the OEM winch holder and then it's just 4 allen head bolts to mount the winch and running the wires and control pack into the engine bay.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be plenty of options from new bumpers with hidden winches as well as kits to mount any winch you want to the modular bumper, you won't have to get it from Ford.

I believe the extra 100 dollars for the controller relocation is you have to be able to mount it some place and the wiring harness needs to be longer, so a mount and a longer harness for 100 additional dollars isn't ridiculous on something that costs more than 1500 imo.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warn has a solution, if there is room under the hood to mount it. CONTROL PACK RELOCATION KIT FOR ZEON WINCHES The only question is will their be room under the hood to relocate it with the 2.7. Control pack relocation
Most major winch makers have solenoid relocation options, it's not unique to Warn. I don't think solenoid removal is enough to effectively clear the camera path given the questionable design of the whole bumper/mounting solution.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most major winch makers have solenoid relocation options, it's not unique to Warn. I don't think solenoid removal is enough to effectively clear the camera path given the questionable design of the whole bumper/mounting solution.
It's crazy that you have to spend an additional $100 to relocate that on an already $1500 winch.

Most of the competition has that ability, without charging extra for it, and their winches are half the price or even less. Warn makes good stuff, but there has to be a limit to how much they are charging.

Then source your own winch. You could have your dealer mount the OEM winch holder and then it's just 4 allen head bolts to mount the winch and running the wires and control pack into the engine bay.
^^^^^^ This!
Yes, I'm getting the BL which comes with the modular bumper but I'll be following the major OEM's for better bumpers with better mounting solutions (same as I'll be watching for better rock sliders). Ideally I'd like something like Rockhard 4X4's Patriot bumper (in Al) paired with a Smittybilt Gen3.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided on High Package and the Camera it brings and ditched the winch. My plan now is to not get stuck šŸ˜€ I am building a recovery gear set including traction boards, tow straps, shackles. 8k lb. hand winch and potentially a high lift jack if I can figure out a reasonable mounting system. If the aftermarket comes up with a winch mount/bumper, maybe that will be a Christmas present in the future? Hand winch is slow and limits pull length somewhat, but it can be helpful.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8k lb. hand winch and potentially a high lift jack if I can figure out a reasonable mounting system. (...) Hand winch is slow and limits pull length somewhat, but it can be helpful.
haven't even considered this option, I'll definitely look into this too. Chance of me needing a winch are remote and years from now, and I'm not spending the $ on the 'looks cool' part.

And come to think of it, most of the stuck cases in videos I've seen where a winch was used might have been resolved with a good tow strap on the vehicle with the winch. Not always, but seems like often. And I doubt I'll ever get on a trail alone where the only thing out would be a winch. Who knows. Love the concept and the looks and the process, but I'm holding off for now.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone ever gotten a pic of the camera angle with a wench installed? Does it block the entire screen, or just part of it?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone ever gotten a pic of the camera angle with a wench installed? Does it block the entire screen, or just part of it?
Itā€™s pretty bad.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch - Connecting the Dots 57B35A3D-CC7B-4F25-A7DD-F9142AD28A4D

I can post a zoomed in shot if you canā€™t see it. ;)

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s pretty bad.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch - Connecting the Dots 57B35A3D-CC7B-4F25-A7DD-F9142AD28A4D

I can post a zoomed in shot if you canā€™t see it. ;)
Thanks!

I donā€™t even see how that can be fixed. If the camera shows the top of the bumper, it would be really hard for the aftermarket to make it any better.

Maybe the could come out with a camera mount that angles higher?

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, it literally captures the entire winch.
I've never had camera's when wheeling previously, so even if that is blocked, the split view of the wheels will not be, and that's the one I can see myself leveraging more.
I wanted the 12" screen. The cameras were an add on. If Ford does not rectify this, I will attempt to get the type of winch with mount I previously posted [in a different thread] and just call it a day.
Definitely not gonna worry about it

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am building a recovery gear set including traction boards, tow straps, shackles. 8k lb. hand winch and potentially a high lift jack if I can figure out a reasonable mounting system. If the aftermarket comes up with a winch mount/bumper, maybe that will be a Christmas present in the future? Hand winch is slow and limits pull length somewhat, but it can be helpful.
Good plan. I think Iā€™m going to stick with my HiLift, chains, traction boards, and straps for recovery. Iā€™ve used all these in the past (been high centered, slipped off the road into a ditch in deep snow, got caught up on a stump, and pulled others out of ditches) and never ā€neededā€ a winch. A winch might have been handy to get out of the ditch, but shovelling a path and traction boards did the trick a lot quicker in the end.

My dad had a winch on his truck for 20 years and only used it once, and in that case, it would actually have been better to use a hilift as a winch from the rear instead, as going forward only made things more difficult in other ways.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good plan. I think Iā€™m going to stick with my HiLift, chains, traction boards, and straps for recovery. Iā€™ve used all these in the past (been high centered, slipped off the road into a ditch in deep snow, got caught up on a stump, and pulled others out of ditches) and never ā€neededā€ a winch. A winch might have been handy to get out of the ditch, but shovelling a path and traction boards did the trick a lot quicker in the end.

My dad had a winch on his truck for 20 years and only used it once, and in that case, it would actually have been better to use a hi-lift as a winch from the rear instead, as going forward only made things more difficult in other ways.
I am curious bout the kinetic ropes too. Not helpful for winching, but may add one to my kit.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree there are many less expensive options including the ā€œbadlandsā€ winch (no connection to ford lol) from harbor freight which actually has good reviews but having driven Offroad for years and even raced warn winches will always work when you need it when others may not and warn is the only brand that is rebuildable giving it the ability to last many years longer than others. It took me wasting $300 once before I realized it was worth the extra expense for me. It really depends on how much you may use it and how important it would be for it to work as only option.
Sponsored