First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't mean a poster or hammock or anything. Give us what we want, information.

I know looking on the eldritch horror that is the allocation formula is to invite madness, but surely you have some damned soul that has gazed upon it and can pass on his unhinged rambling.

Send us an email with an estimated build quarter. Though we all know a penguin's ill timed flatulence can unravel the threads of fate, pass on your strongest augury.

No, too terrible the risk sharing that much information. Instead, at lease give those poor wretches who have no hopes of deliverance for countless seasons news of their plight. No, never that. Best to let hope die slowly.

Or I don't know, HOW ABOUT AT LEAST LET US SEE OUR CURRENT PLACE IN THE RESERVATION LINE, HOW MANY ALLOCATIONS OUR DEALER HAS AND WHERE WE ARE IN THOSE ALLOCATIONS WHEN WE CHECK OUR RESERVATION STATUS ONLINE.

You've been practicing JIT Lean manufacturing for decades. I think this is possible. Hell, my local librarian who uses a jitterbug can tell my son how many people are in front of him for the next Captain Underpants.

Yes, I know reservation times aren't what they used to be but if I can see the line in front of me going down a little, it will at lease give me some hope. If I can see my dealers allocations and where I am in it, I can make plans.

Since I placed my reservation, ~20% of us replaced a vehicle. Others are trying to decide other major financial decisions.

Please, give us something.
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My news usually comes a week after the week they had told me I was scheduled only to then tell me your vehicle is no longer scheduled for the week that already passed but will instead be scheduled for another week only for that to come and go and a week after I get an email….we’ll you know the rest. Rinse and repeat. :)

yes, I’m pretty sure I’m starting to go crazy with this whole order

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More/better information would be cool.

I've been patient with my morning 07/14 reservation, but I'm growing less patient.

By January 2022, if I don't have a 1) VIN, or 2) some kind of information that (confidently) shows there's light at the end of the tunnel, it's a manual 2-door JLR order from Granger for me.

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't mean a poster or hammock or anything. Give us what we want, information.

I know looking on the eldritch horror that is the allocation formula is to invite madness, but surely you have some damned soul that has gazed upon it and can pass on his unhinged rambling.

Send us an email with an estimated build quarter. Though we all know a penguin's ill timed flatulence can unravel the threads of fate, pass on your strongest augury.

No, too terrible the risk sharing that much information. Instead, at lease give those poor wretches who have no hopes of deliverance for countless seasons news of their plight. No, never that. Best to let hope die slowly.

Or I don't know, HOW ABOUT AT LEAST LET US SEE OUR CURRENT PLACE IN THE RESERVATION LINE, HOW MANY ALLOCATIONS OUR DEALER HAS AND WHERE WE ARE IN THOSE ALLOCATIONS WHEN WE CHECK OUR RESERVATION STATUS ONLINE.

You've been practicing JIT Lean manufacturing for decades. I think this is possible. Hell, my local librarian who uses a jitterbug can tell my son how many people are in front of him for the next Captain Underpants.

Yes, I know reservation times aren't what they used to be but if I can see the line in front of me going down a little, it will at lease give me some hope. If I can see my dealers allocations and where I am in it, I can make plans.

Since I placed my reservation, ~20% of us replaced a vehicle. Others are trying to decide other major financial decisions.

Brilliant 😉 it was the jitterbug for me

Sponsored

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brilliant 😉 it was the jitterbug for me

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what happens every time Ford says anything... :)

OP
OP
HarderCorer

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is that the supply chain changes so often that information that Ford gives you today will change by next week.
Yeah, I get that. But if Ford would have been more open about supply issues and shared the information the had and had someone who could actually communicate well, we would have been on their side commiserating instead of being angry and blaming them.

Anyone who has ever been through a remodel or construction knows what I'm talking about. There are always delays. The contractors who are honest and up front about the delays, yeah it sucks but you still feel somewhat empowered. The contractors who ghost you for weeks, those are the ones you want to smack with a 2x4.

I think this would be a great tweet @mrlevine
Unfortunately I'm not on twitter. I only have a smart phone because my wife insists so I can see the grocery list app thing. ;)

Sponsored

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest frustration in all of it for me is from the dealer side and some of them not being open about their allocation.

Allocation model and dealers not being transparent where your reservation falls in their allocation are the two biggest limiters and unfortunately state laws actually prevent Ford from bypassing dealerships.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The problem is that the supply chain changes so often that information that Ford gives you today will change by next week.
I could deal with it if it was just the supply issues, but the allocation just throws a crazy wrench into this plan. Ford should not be doing any pre-order systems for their vehicles. They just arent set up for it.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said this same thing months ago, "Send us an email with an estimated build quarter". As you pointed out we have individual decisions and plans to make, including financial ones, some time frame would be nice and not impossible to do. I held back a CD to pay for my Bronco which I fully expected to get by October. Hell....we did not even get the promised May build schedule. That CD will be out and not invested for over a year. If I knew my Bronco would not come until late 2022 or even (damn I hope not) 2023...I could invest it.

"Or I don't know, HOW ABOUT AT LEAST LET US SEE OUR CURRENT PLACE IN THE RESERVATION LINE, HOW MANY ALLOCATIONS OUR DEALER HAS AND WHERE WE ARE IN THOSE ALLOCATIONS WHEN WE CHECK OUR RESERVATION STATUS ONLINE. " THIS FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford could build all 110,000 (est) unfullfilled orders by August of 2022....but there are suggestions that many/some of us won't even see ours in 2022. WHY?! Why have allocations at all...get them built! But there must be something else going on....something we are not being told. And then we start seeing Broncos on lots for sale.

For those that give the excuse, "new launch", "new product line".....then tell me why I am seeing Maverick's on Dealer lots for sale already ???!!????!!!!
Sponsored