Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad I did a lot of what I did when things were available. As much of it doesn't appear are even gonna be options from Ford or any of their licensees now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bt_ostate

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The vendors have to meet certain requirements in order to be licensed. If the don't meet the requirements they do not get a license. Rappy Graphics went through the process and is licensed. Reach out to them if you need something.

https://rappygraphics.com/
Thanks for the heads up about them! I will do that.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of these companies are American, so work with them, Ford. Otherwise, these things will inevitably show up on Amazon from China, and they donā€™t care about licensingā€¦

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've aggressively gone after unlicensed vendors( but license some of them, then instead of refusing to) and I get the imaging, labeling, etc are your trademarked items and that you should have control over them and be paid for their use. However if you make it where it's both expensive and hard to find customization items for a Bronco, you are going to lose out to Jeep.

If you don't open things up like jeep and let customization be readily available and affordable this experiment is gonna be a failure. That's part of what has made the wranglers have such a cult following; your ability to almost unlimitedly customize your own vehicle. If you, Ford gets too restrictive with this and consequently limits options and affordability, you are gonna bite your nose off to spite yourself.

Part of why I love my Bronco so much are the many items I customized my Bronco with and can no longer purchase.

No wonder you all never commented on and congratulated me on my Bronco as you have so many others on here. You didn't like all of the products that I have on it that I didn't even know weren't approved through Ford. Now most of the items aren't available through anybody including you, Ford. [adhesive backed Scripted bronco decals, as example]

Not the best way to win your customers over! At least work with some of these vendors or you, yourselves start making some of these things available!!!

Customization is king on this type of vehicle! The sooner you all realize this, the better!
I have no idea your level of understanding of the Mopar world, but every iteration of Chrysler corporation has been brutal in people making aftermarket products. They do stop and desist letters at the drop of a hat and demand huge royalties for products for their vehicles.
It is understandable since this is their intellectual property or trademarked product /name, but Ford is nowhere near Chrysler level of control.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've aggressively gone after unlicensed vendors( but license some of them, then instead of refusing to) and I get the imaging, labeling, etc are your trademarked items and that you should have control over them and be paid for their use. However if you make it where it's both expensive and hard to find customization items for a Bronco, you are going to lose out to Jeep.

If you don't open things up like jeep and let customization be readily available and affordable this experiment is gonna be a failure. That's part of what has made the wranglers have such a cult following; your ability to almost unlimitedly customize your own vehicle. If you, Ford gets too restrictive with this and consequently limits options and affordability, you are gonna bite your nose off to spite yourself.

Part of why I love my Bronco so much are the many items I customized my Bronco with and can no longer purchase.

No wonder you all never commented on and congratulated me on my Bronco as you have so many others on here. You didn't like all of the products that I have on it that I didn't even know weren't approved through Ford. Now most of the items aren't available through anybody including you, Ford. [adhesive backed Scripted bronco decals, as example]

Not the best way to win your customers over! At least work with some of these vendors or you, yourselves start making some of these things available!!!

Customization is king on this type of vehicle! The sooner you all realize this, the better!
Did any of these vendors request permission from Ford before they started selling any products? Or did they only request permission after they were served with cease and desist letters to stop selling products?

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many have tried to no avail. And sadly most of the cool decals etc aren't available from anyone now.
Theyā€™re not doing it right or theyā€™re not agreeing to terms. Again, thereā€™s plenty of companies out there that sell Ford licensed products, logos, and images.

Donā€™t blame Ford, blame the companies that are trying to make money from a licensed image without paying for it.

Last edited:

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you heard of eBay? They have everything on there. Thereā€™s not a shortage of stuff to customize. Just gotta look in the right places.

Heitz

Outer Banks
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought some gloss black bronco lettering for my bronco back in Dec from Bronco Depot, but I didn't print out/download the template they provide to place these level. By chance does anyone have one?

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought some gloss black bronco lettering for my bronco back in Dec from Bronco Depot, but I didn't print out/download the template they provide to place these level. By chance does anyone have one?
Here you go.

Attachments

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, if you could go ahead and ask every company in the World to give up their intellectual property and patent rights, I could get some cheap Chinese knock-offs, thanks!

Oh yeah, same goes for music, books, stuff like that, 'cause I don't like paying for it.

'preciate it!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many have tried to no avail. And sadly most of the cool decals etc aren't available from anyone now.
Theyā€™re not doing it right or theyā€™re not agreeing to terms. Again, thereā€™s plenty of companies out there that sell Ford licensed products, logos, and images.

Donā€™t blame Ford, blame the companies that are trying ti make money from a licensed image without paying for it.
@Bt_ostate, with respect, what was Ford's response to those who tried to acquire licenses?

If you take a look at @1979's profile pic you can see a logo that is trademarked by Ford. It is difficult to see the "TM" symbol next to the Bucking Bronco, but it is there. @Jazer designed the logos and @Cat reached out to Ford to get permission to use it, which Ford granted.

I wonder what steps the companies who were denied permission went through and why they were denied?

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I posted my DIY of the Kicker Key amp install on YouTube the automated system flagged it because it shows the bronco pony on the infotainment boot screen. It did allow it to be posted but said that any add revenue from the video would be sent to the IP holder. I take this to mean Ford.
Sponsored