Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spent some time installing the M-15200K-BML Ford Performance pod lights.

Super easy install if you watch a video, instructions are very poor.

Big warning though, it shows that the white lead is a backlight trigger. Ford had that neutered! You DO NOT get a back light with the Ford unit.

End result, save $100, buy a Rigid in your choice. Same product, less features more money. That’s a no.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. Was the harness at least easier to use than whatever comes with a standard rigid light?

OP
OP
Michael Grasso

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. Was the harness at least easier to use than whatever comes with a standard rigid light?
No harness, just a length of red wire and a length of black. The package didn’t even have the two bolts needed to lock them down 🤦🏻‍♂️

Was not impressed.
Will switch them out and sell them.
Mg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just spent some time installing the M-15200K-BML Ford Performance pod lights.

Super easy install if you watch a video, instructions are very poor.

Big warning though, it shows that the white lead is a backlight trigger. Ford had that neutered! You DO NOT get a back light with the Ford unit.

End result, save $100, buy a Rigid in your choice. Same product, less features more money. That’s a no.
View attachment 171742
Yeah they did that for legal reasons is why. Back lights up there are technically illegal. As you said, best to just buy it yourself and not from Ford.

We sell Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics and Rigid Industries here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com and we put together kits to make installation super easy. So if you need more lights, please check out our site. You'll also save a bundle buying from us over Ford (because they charge for that "FORD" logo)

Sponsored

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No harness, just a length of red wire and a length of black. The package didn’t even have the two bolts needed to lock them down 🤦🏻‍♂️

Was not impressed.
Will switch them out and sell them.
Mg
Do you happen to know the missing bolt size? I am guessing mine will arrive without them as well.

OP
OP
Michael Grasso

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you happen to know the missing bolt size? I am guessing mine will arrive without them as well.
You can use the original Bronco bolt instead. Just is a pain cause it’s T30. Or buy a M6 1.5”

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah they did that for legal reasons is why. Back lights up there are technically illegal. As you said, best to just buy it yourself and not from Ford.

We sell Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics and Rigid Industries here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com and we put together kits to make installation super easy. So if you need more lights, please check out our site. You'll also save a bundle buying from us over Ford (because they charge for that "FORD" logo)
Quick question for you Adam, if I am wiring these pod lights and want to use a weatherpack connector, since Ford only has a single hot wire, I assume I can use a single pin weatherpack connector even though I will be merging the two red hot wires from the pods in to one? Meaning will both reds from the lights fit in to the one side of the single pin after twisting them together? Is there enough space? Does my question make sense? Thanks in advance.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The lights I ordered had the white -back light - wire…. It just wasn’t exposed but if you cut the wire wrap you’d see it. At least on the pod lights I got.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick question for you Adam, if I am wiring these pod lights and want to use a weatherpack connector, since Ford only has a single hot wire, I assume I can use a single pin weatherpack connector even though I will be merging the two red hot wires from the pods in to one? Meaning will both reds from the lights fit in to the one side of the single pin after twisting them together? Is there enough space? Does my question make sense? Thanks in advance.
You don't need a weatherpack under the hood at the upfitters. It's honestly only necessary if you just want it to be really clean and/or plan to disconnect things a lot/switch upfitters.

Otherwise each of those wires is a hot leg, so you need to use connectors for a hot leg. Either 1 barrel weatherpacks OR get a 6/8 pin connector for all the hots.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lights I ordered had the white -back light - wire…. It just wasn’t exposed but if you cut the wire wrap you’d see it. At least on the pod lights I got.
So they do have it then. Guess I’ll find out soon enough as I ordered these.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they do have it then. Guess I’ll find out soon enough as I ordered these.
I didn't see it on mine when I got them two days ago, but then I didn't cut away the casing to look. A white certainly wasn't presenting like the black and red are. Don't need it per all install instructions I have seen. Less wires the better my momma always said.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't see it on mine when I got them two days ago, but then I didn't cut away the casing to look. A white certainly wasn't presenting like the black and red are. Don't need it per all install instructions I have seen. Less wires the better my momma always said.
Gotcha. If it’s just red and black then that’s fine. I’m not gonna return them just over the backlight issue.

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone confirm that if you cut the insulation from the Red/Black wires that the White Backlit wire is there? And if it exists, the Ford Rigid 360 Light does have a functional backlite with the White wire connected to one of the up-lifter switches? I really want to run the backlite as a day-time running light.

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone confirm that if you cut the insulation from the Red/Black wires that the White Backlit wire is there? And if it exists, the Ford Rigid 360 Light does have a functional backlite with the White wire connected to one of the up-lifter switches? I really want to run the backlite as a day-time running light.
I'm going to splice the backlight wire into the parking lights. Also, I'm going to run a wire to the aux switch.
Sponsored