First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can someone confirm that if you cut the insulation from the Red/Black wires that the White Backlit wire is there? And if it exists, the Ford Rigid 360 Light does have a functional backlite with the White wire connected to one of the up-lifter switches? I really want to run the backlite as a day-time running light.
I didn't take a picture so I don't have 'proof' but I looked for it when I was pre-wiring it and the white wire was there - at least it was on mine.
Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't take a picture so I don't have 'proof' but I looked for it when I was pre-wiring it and the white wire was there - at least it was on mine.
The wire is there but I'm told it is disabled.

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone actually hooked the white wire up to see if the backlite works?

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had to buy the Rigid set as an included accessory with my Bronco. It's uninstalled in an unopened box. If it's not breaking any forum rules, I'd mention that I would sell it. Private message me.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that have installed and used these, can you share your thoughts on the overall performance?
- Any wind noise/whistling from the lights?
- How much glare off the hood, if any, is there? Is it distracting at all?
- How's the light pattern?
- Finally, if you have had other lights (Diode Dynamics SS3 or Baja Designs Squadrons in particular), how do these compare?

I am leaning towards the Rigid's because they are round as opposed to the square DD/BD lights. I do both high speed forest trails and rock crawling at night, so was hoping to use the A-pillar location for more down range light, and a pocket light kit and/or a LED light bar for floods/driving lights.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool? But considering they are lights how are they at night?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone actually hooked the white wire up to see if the backlite works?
It does not work. I haven't disassembled it yet to see if it can be connected internally.

OP
OP
Michael Grasso

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not work. I haven't disassembled it yet to see if it can be connected internally.
nope, it’s missing the internals per Rigid

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nope, it’s missing the internals per Rigid
The Ford kit is also missing the bracket mounting washers, so you will probably need 2 black oxide stainless steel 1/4" x 5/8".

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this thread is old but I just had a helluva time getting these on my rig and thought I’d put the info out there.

First of all, they don’t come with bolts for the bracket. The instructions are also infuriatingly wrong, referencing m8 bolts. The bolts you need are m6. I’d recommend against using the bronco bolts since the star head can strip easily, but good luck finding m6 hex bolts. Next, washers, had a helluva time finding the right size washers too, ultimately I bought some m6 washer from Home Depot but they are far too big and hang over the front of the bracket. will need to remove and replace when I can source some appropriate size black bolts and washers.

I have NO IDEA what kind of tool one would need for the smaller screws that go into the back of the heat sink but I didn’t have it. None of my Allen keys or assorted torx from my toolkit fit properly so I made due with a really small flat head.

I tightened them down as much as I was comfortable but with some force they do turn, so we’ll see how they hold up doing 80 for extended periods on the highway.

For $400 Rigid really could’ve simplified things by including the correct size bolts and vehicle specific instructions, hopefully they will adjust for the future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Grasso

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda interesting that no matter how many times we state that the Ford Rigid lights don’t have a back light, people keep asking.

So, let’s try this again.

Due to liability / legal issues in some states, Ford opted NOT to have the backlight LEDs included in their system.

That means it doesn’t matter if you have a hidden white wire. It’s not connected to anything. Because, it’s not there.

If you want the back light function you need to buy the system direct from Rigid, NOT the Ford Performance.

mg
Sponsored