Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The whole key to this is the Bronco Configuration Tool. It has to be up before the October Dealership switch deadline IMO.
I will wait until the Configuration link is up in September as Ford Marketing stated. Then I will configure my Bronco and take the information to the dealership I have my reservation with.
Let the discussions begin.
If I feel the relationship if off and/or or they cant offer NO ADM, then I will make the switch to another California Dealership.
Exactly!
Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your info seems to be inaccurate. The reservation is ours, not the dealers, we can take our business any where we want.
We can take out business anywhere we want, we just can't take the reservation with us. (unless within Fords Dealer change process.)

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure you can. One time. And once you do that it will be assigned to the dealer as their reservation also. Unless you have access to the Ford order bank independently, it takes two to tango.
Yeah, unless your last name is Ford then you have to go through a retailer but the thing is, the way Ford had done this, the allocation is ours not the dealers. On certain high demand items a dealers place in line, through a variety of factors, dictate which gets how many of what models. This gives the dealer the leverage to charge more. In this case, we are bringing the sale to the dealer, the dealer is only doing the paperwork.

The idiot young salesperson that reached out to me said, as a company they have not decided what they are going to charge, invoice (as is their standard practice, non-negotiable), MSRP, or something higher. This is complete utter BS. I will go to the dealer where I get the best overall deal. I'm not asking them to sale me a vehicle from their precious inventory, I'm allowing them to handle my transaction.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone received any email from Ford per the second paragraph? I made a reservation in that time slot but haven't seen anything.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a bit confused, are they only allowing people to switch who booked during that time slot that was mentioned?

Also, if you do switch, you are refunded, which I guess is cool but do you still maintain your same place in line, so to speak when you go to the new dealer?

I've had very little communication with my reserved dealer, and would prefer to order my truck through a dealer who I know for certainty will NOT mark the vehicle up.
Hey Spencer,

The email I posted was sent only to people who reserved on the first day because they apparently experienced the most problems. The ability to switch dealers though is available to everybody.

From what I've been told, you will keep your priority if you switch. I also find it interesting that they refund the deposit instead of transferring it to the new dealership, but maybe that would lead to logistical problems.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can take out business anywhere we want, we just can't take the reservation with us. (unless within Fords Dealer change process.)
The reservation is between you and Ford not any particular dealership.

If ABC dealer has the reservation and plays games while xyz down the street does as requested then you change your reservation to xyz down the street.

No dealer owns the Bronco or reservation.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey Spencer,

The email I posted was sent only to people who reserved on the first day because they apparently experienced the most problems. The ability to switch dealers though is available to everybody.

From what I've been told, you will keep your priority if you switch. I also find it interesting that they refund the deposit instead of transferring it to the new dealership, but maybe that would lead to logistical problems.
I reserved in the first 5 minutes and never received the email. Have received all other emails though about the bump from 3500 to 7000 first editions.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Granger seems to be like a hero dealership on this site. What have they done / said that has attracted so much popularity?
Hi Eric,

As someone already said, Granger Ford is offering $1300 under invoice for Bronco6g forum members. If Kearny Mesa Ford can match (or come close to) that price, it will instantly attract many (if not most) of the CA buyers on this forum. See if you can convince the decision makers to make that happen, pretty please??

Peter

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, unless your last name is Ford then you have to go through a retailer but the thing is, the way Ford had done this, the allocation is ours not the dealers. On certain high demand items a dealers place in line, through a variety of factors, dictate which gets how many of what models. This gives the dealer the leverage to charge more. In this case, we are bringing the sale to the dealer, the dealer is only doing the paperwork.

The idiot young salesperson that reached out to me said, as a company they have not decided what they are going to charge, invoice (as is their standard practice, non-negotiable), MSRP, or something higher. This is complete utter BS. I will go to the dealer where I get the best overall deal. I'm not asking them to sale me a vehicle from their precious inventory, I'm allowing them to handle my transaction.

I debated addressing this but wanted to make sure you understand how this works. Allocation is not the same as an order. My understanding is the the first year will be reservation based with the following model years (as of now) based on the dealer's previous sales of F150, Ranger, Explorer and Mustang. Reservations may play some roll in it but based on current demand lot stock is going to be unobtainum for a long time.

While you are essentially ordering a vehicle it is not technically your's until you pay the dealer for it. If the economy takes a dump after orders are placed or people decide they just want it anymore the dealer is on the hook for paying Ford. Once it hits the transport the vehicle is on the dealer's floor plan. So these dealers that have a ton of reservations also have a ton of risk once the order is actually placed. Think about it like this. Dealer has 100 reservations that convert to orders, no money changes hands (unless they demand a deposit or secured financing), and 10 of those flake out with an average vehicle cost at $35K, the dealer is on the hook for $350,000.
On a fast mover like what the BR should be that may not be a problem but if these are odd ball packages they may take longer to move and floor plan interest doesn't stop.

Most places have not set pricing yet and it would be foolish to do so until Ford finalizes pricing. I doubt many dealers are going to try and go over MSRP because that would make them dicks. A model with more options/packages may have more margin than say a base model 2 door which means some may price closer to invoice, some below and some may hold out for sticker.

Actual inventory on the ground is based on what Ford makes you take mixed with what type of stuff you historically sell. If you move tons of Escape SE and SELs, you probably aren't going to put a ton of loaded Titaniums in inventory. Someone wants a vehicle we don't have? Most places will dealer trade for like unit or something else you may have in inventory they want. Sometimes you trade paper, sometimes it's half holdback.

Everyone needs calm down until Ford gets their poop together on pricing, packages etc. THEN you can take a run at the salesperson/dealer of your choice. Just felt like some of these things needed to be clarified.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My local reservation dealer told me they are only allowing 60 reservations, and would not charge above MSRP to the folks that reserved. If a reservation falls through and the vehicle hits the lot, all promises are off. They will get the most $ out of it they can.

Sounds reasonable to me. I've bought near 10 Fords vehicles from this dealer through the years.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local reservation dealer told me they are only allowing 60 reservations, and would not charge above MSRP to the folks that reserved. If a reservation falls through and the vehicle hits the lot, all promises are off. They will get the most $ out of it they can.

Sounds reasonable to me. I've bought near 10 Fords vehicles from this dealer through the years.
They are willing to wait till 2022 to deliver more Broncos!

Wow they think of Ford is stepping in to allocate them stock of vehicles..

Welcome back to the 20th century of car sales "Cadillac man" comes to mind

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Eric,

As someone already said, Granger Ford is offering $1300 under invoice for Bronco6g forum members. If Kearny Mesa Ford can match (or come close to) that price, it will instantly attract many (if not most) of the CA buyers on this forum. See if you can convince the decision makers to make that happen, pretty please??

Peter
Hey Peter!

I heard the same thing directly from Granger (cool team over there). To be as upfront and direct as possible, we won't match or come close to what they're doing. From the sounds of it, Granger Ford is out for world domination! Maybe their decision is based on gaining long-term business and so the massive discount makes sense in their market area, like sacrificing a pawn to take a rook.

We are asking for MSRP (no ADM) and honoring Plan deals (because that's the right thing to do). To me, it is a good business decision to keep the pricing this way because the dealership will have already invested 6-18months of work before a penny of profit is ever seen. In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.

I like to be very open and transparent about our pricing and strategies, so please feel free to ask any other questions regarding it.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
[QUOTE="peta8368, post: 108738, member: 6222
Hi Eric,

Peter
[/QUOTE]
It will be crickets....

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Peter!

I heard the same thing directly from Granger (cool team over there). To be as upfront and direct as possible, we won't match or come close to what they're doing. From the sounds of it, Granger Ford is out for world domination! Maybe their decision is based on gaining long-term business and so the massive discount makes sense in their market area, like sacrificing a pawn to take a rook.

We are asking for MSRP (no ADM) and honoring Plan deals (because that's the right thing to do). To me, it is a good business decision to keep the pricing this way because the dealership will have already invested 6-18months of work before a penny of profit is ever seen. In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.

I like to be very open and transparent about our pricing and strategies, so please feel free to ask any other questions regarding it.
.......crickets would have been better.....what BS