Agreed!If they would just impose a "no extra charges for reserved Broncos," they could save themselves, and everyone else, a whole lot of time and effort.
I think the vast majority of us care MOST about being charged ADM. Remove that possibility, earn customers, foster good will, and end the endless speculation on both ends.
It doesn't need to be this cumbersome.
Hi Eric,Hey Peter!
I heard the same thing directly from Granger (cool team over there). To be as upfront and direct as possible, we won't match or come close to what they're doing. From the sounds of it, Granger Ford is out for world domination! Maybe their decision is based on gaining long-term business and so the massive discount makes sense in their market area, like sacrificing a pawn to take a rook.
We are asking for MSRP (no ADM) and honoring Plan deals (because that's the right thing to do). To me, it is a good business decision to keep the pricing this way because the dealership will have already invested 6-18months of work before a penny of profit is ever seen. In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.
I like to be very open and transparent about our pricing and strategies, so please feel free to ask any other questions regarding it.
I appreciate your honest response. Can you elaborate on what goes on behind the scenes regarding the above? Not calling you out just curious about that side of the business.In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.
I went through the same thing. Hopefully not a big delay and maybe they’ll work out think kinks in manufacturing before they get to ours ?I reserved on 7/22 and wanted to change dealers on the 27th. I called ford Asking how I could change dealers. they told me to cancel my first reservation and make a new reservation. So that’s what I did. I would rather have had the option to keep my original reservation but with the new dealer. Not sure how much of a delay (if any) I’ll have getting my bronco caused by re-reserving 5 days after my initial reservation.
Agreed, allocation is not the same as an order. In this unique case no dealer is getting an allocation of the stock units, nor will any be made, till all reservations are meet, Ford has stated this. This is the thrust of my argument. We, the ones that have reservations have the allocation in this case where it is usually the dealer.I debated addressing this but wanted to make sure you understand how this works. Allocation is not the same as an order. My understanding is the the first year will be reservation based with the following model years (as of now) based on the dealer's previous sales of F150, Ranger, Explorer and Mustang. Reservations may play some roll in it but based on current demand lot stock is going to be unobtainum for a long time.
When we "convert" (Ford's language) the reservation into an order, the dealer should (and so should you) ask for a deposit. This is our consideration in the contract. Once you give the dealer money, the deposit, you have a contract with the dealer to supply you the vehicle spec'd and at that price. The dealer MUST keep their consideration of the contract by selling you the vehicle or you can sue them. There are several possible remedies here for a breach but the one I would suggest is, you can go buy one at a higher price and then sue them for the cost difference and legal fees.While you are essentially ordering a vehicle it is not technically your's until you pay the dealer for it. If the economy takes a dump after orders are placed or people decide they just want it anymore the dealer is on the hook for paying Ford. Once it hits the transport the vehicle is on the dealer's floor plan. So these dealers that have a ton of reservations also have a ton of risk once the order is actually placed.
See above reply. Once a contract is in place the dealer could, but probably will not, sue you. I say they will not because the Bronco will sale and sale quickly no matter the options. Really a moot point. Furthermore, in this case, the dealer would not be a volume dealer, since quantities are limited. What this means is they really do not have any defenses if they breach.Dealer has 100 reservations that convert to orders, no money changes hands (unless they demand a deposit or secured financing), and 10 of those flake out with an average vehicle cost at $35K, the dealer is on the hook for $350,000.
On a fast mover like what the BR should be that may not be a problem but if these are odd ball packages they may take longer to move and floor plan interest doesn't stop.
Most of the sophisticated buyers do not talk nickels and dimes, we talk in reference to invoice. I really do not give a dang if the bronco cost $25k or $65k, I'm interested in a "good deal" and this revolves around invoice pricing. My hometown dealer sells at invoice, company policy for them. The $1,000 or $1,300 under invoice I could save by driving a thousand miles is not worth it to me but if they try and charge MSRP then I'm all up for a road trip. I'll hook up my enclosed car hauler and head out when the time comes.Most places have not set pricing yet and it would be foolish to do so until Ford finalizes pricing. I doubt many dealers are going to try and go over MSRP because that would make them dicks. A model with more options/packages may have more margin than say a base model 2 door which means some may price closer to invoice, some below and some may hold out for sticker.
Hello, not sure if others have responded besides Grainger (they are pretty awesome).Seems odd......but I guess it is what it is. My only concern would be losing my place in line, but seems like that doesn't get affected by changing dealers.
Happy to explain! Note that these are just my experiences and workflows, so I'm sure the cost and process will vary from dealer to dealer.I appreciate your honest response. Can you elaborate on what goes on behind the scenes regarding the above? Not calling you out just curious about that side of the business.
Lets not forget about Laura Ford.I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger
I called Ford marketing just now. Said I wanted to swap. She didnt ask any questions just said okay. Asked me the dealers and did the swap. 5 minute process overall. Already got an updated email.Hello, not sure if others have responded besides Grainger (they are pretty awesome).
I can say, as a reservation holder, who is outside the window in that Ford communique (mine was 1A EST 7/14, 10P on 7/13 for me), I was able to call Ford and change my dealer (actually to KM Ford, where Eric works).
My reservation was refunded. I did NOT lose my place in line. I confirmed all of this on Ford’s website and with Eric through email.
The process DOES work. I agree with Grainger, if you call Ford and they tell you you have to cancel, then speak to someone else.
@Granger Ford This is still showing on the Ford website here: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/?intcmp=hp-bb-bronco#broncoreserve
Really confusing still