Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they would just impose a "no extra charges for reserved Broncos," they could save themselves, and everyone else, a whole lot of time and effort.

I think the vast majority of us care MOST about being charged ADM. Remove that possibility, earn customers, foster good will, and end the endless speculation on both ends.

It doesn't need to be this cumbersome.
Agreed!

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Peter!

I heard the same thing directly from Granger (cool team over there). To be as upfront and direct as possible, we won't match or come close to what they're doing. From the sounds of it, Granger Ford is out for world domination! Maybe their decision is based on gaining long-term business and so the massive discount makes sense in their market area, like sacrificing a pawn to take a rook.

We are asking for MSRP (no ADM) and honoring Plan deals (because that's the right thing to do). To me, it is a good business decision to keep the pricing this way because the dealership will have already invested 6-18months of work before a penny of profit is ever seen. In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.

I like to be very open and transparent about our pricing and strategies, so please feel free to ask any other questions regarding it.
Hi Eric,

I appreciate the honest reply, and I can respect the different business model that each business adopts. It doesn't make you bad in my book, I still appreciate all of the information you are providing. You are just not as heroic as Granger is ;)
Thank you for taking the time to respond and make your position clear.

Peter

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In order to ensure a great customer experience, there will be lots of administrative work, salesperson follow-up, and managerial oversight. I'm all for below invoice pricing on typical car deal, but the work involved in this launch is very different.
I appreciate your honest response. Can you elaborate on what goes on behind the scenes regarding the above? Not calling you out just curious about that side of the business.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved on 7/22 and wanted to change dealers on the 27th. I called ford Asking how I could change dealers. they told me to cancel my first reservation and make a new reservation. So that’s what I did. I would rather have had the option to keep my original reservation but with the new dealer. Not sure how much of a delay (if any) I’ll have getting my bronco caused by re-reserving 5 days after my initial reservation.
I went through the same thing. Hopefully not a big delay and maybe they’ll work out think kinks in manufacturing before they get to ours ?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the first post in this thread now points to itself and no longer details the one time change policy...

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not want to be argumentative in any way here, you speak some truth, however, we do have a unique circumstance here. I just have the advantage of a JD being one of my degrees and deal with contracts in my line of work.

I debated addressing this but wanted to make sure you understand how this works. Allocation is not the same as an order. My understanding is the the first year will be reservation based with the following model years (as of now) based on the dealer's previous sales of F150, Ranger, Explorer and Mustang. Reservations may play some roll in it but based on current demand lot stock is going to be unobtainum for a long time.
Agreed, allocation is not the same as an order. In this unique case no dealer is getting an allocation of the stock units, nor will any be made, till all reservations are meet, Ford has stated this. This is the thrust of my argument. We, the ones that have reservations have the allocation in this case where it is usually the dealer.

While you are essentially ordering a vehicle it is not technically your's until you pay the dealer for it. If the economy takes a dump after orders are placed or people decide they just want it anymore the dealer is on the hook for paying Ford. Once it hits the transport the vehicle is on the dealer's floor plan. So these dealers that have a ton of reservations also have a ton of risk once the order is actually placed.
When we "convert" (Ford's language) the reservation into an order, the dealer should (and so should you) ask for a deposit. This is our consideration in the contract. Once you give the dealer money, the deposit, you have a contract with the dealer to supply you the vehicle spec'd and at that price. The dealer MUST keep their consideration of the contract by selling you the vehicle or you can sue them. There are several possible remedies here for a breach but the one I would suggest is, you can go buy one at a higher price and then sue them for the cost difference and legal fees.

If you do not give them money to order then a court will find there is not an enforceable contract in place, and you are sh!t out of luck. Meaning they can sell their order to anyone for any price. To put it plainly, if you have a contract then it is your order.

Dealer has 100 reservations that convert to orders, no money changes hands (unless they demand a deposit or secured financing), and 10 of those flake out with an average vehicle cost at $35K, the dealer is on the hook for $350,000.
On a fast mover like what the BR should be that may not be a problem but if these are odd ball packages they may take longer to move and floor plan interest doesn't stop.
See above reply. Once a contract is in place the dealer could, but probably will not, sue you. I say they will not because the Bronco will sale and sale quickly no matter the options. Really a moot point. Furthermore, in this case, the dealer would not be a volume dealer, since quantities are limited. What this means is they really do not have any defenses if they breach.

Most places have not set pricing yet and it would be foolish to do so until Ford finalizes pricing. I doubt many dealers are going to try and go over MSRP because that would make them dicks. A model with more options/packages may have more margin than say a base model 2 door which means some may price closer to invoice, some below and some may hold out for sticker.
Most of the sophisticated buyers do not talk nickels and dimes, we talk in reference to invoice. I really do not give a dang if the bronco cost $25k or $65k, I'm interested in a "good deal" and this revolves around invoice pricing. My hometown dealer sells at invoice, company policy for them. The $1,000 or $1,300 under invoice I could save by driving a thousand miles is not worth it to me but if they try and charge MSRP then I'm all up for a road trip. I'll hook up my enclosed car hauler and head out when the time comes.

The point here is this is not a "normal" circumstance. Allow me to slightly change the topic here. As you have stated when a dealer has 'unobtainium' they have the upper hand and an open market gives them the advantage. In this case, my thinking is, Ford wanted to gauge the demand as to not waste resources on a gamble; like Jeep did with the gladiator, you can get those dirt cheap now. But, as a side effect, this move that lowered the risk of Ford in this endeavor, greatly reduced the dealer's advantage/leverage. In fact, the dealer has zero leverage now and we are free to take our orders to the lowest bidder. Some will not realize this and pay over MSRP while others will do $1300 under invoice. It is about being an informed buyer and knowing how things work.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems odd......but I guess it is what it is. My only concern would be losing my place in line, but seems like that doesn't get affected by changing dealers.
Hello, not sure if others have responded besides Grainger (they are pretty awesome).

I can say, as a reservation holder, who is outside the window in that Ford communique (mine was 1A EST 7/14, 10P on 7/13 for me), I was able to call Ford and change my dealer (actually to KM Ford, where Eric works).

My reservation was refunded. I did NOT lose my place in line. I confirmed all of this on Ford’s website and with Eric through email.

The process DOES work. I agree with Grainger, if you call Ford and they tell you you have to cancel, then speak to someone else.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I appreciate your honest response. Can you elaborate on what goes on behind the scenes regarding the above? Not calling you out just curious about that side of the business.
Happy to explain! Note that these are just my experiences and workflows, so I'm sure the cost and process will vary from dealer to dealer.

Since the announcement last month, there has been a massive influx of questions and customers who need hands-on help. Personally I have fielded at least 50 phone calls and have responded to hundreds of emails. That alone isn't that too bad because I'm a manager and will get paid the same regardless of work load. No impact to overhead other than opportunity lost if I were doing other duties. Its taking hours each day so I can't keep this up forever, and I doubt there will be a drop in calls and interest for another couple months. Soon I'll need to delegate these duties.

The biggest and most complicated part of the process is what will occur at the end of the year when reservations are converted to orders. I just went through the process with about 10 Bronco Sport customers and that has given me insight of what to expect when it's time to process the hundreds and hundreds of full size reservations. Each of the Sport orders took anywhere from 30-60 minutes to configure. Some more, some less. That time is spent with the customer 1-on-1 configuring every small detail of their build, discussing the final pricing, then making as many revisions as are necessary. I'm sure I could cut that time down if we switched to emails instead of calls, but so far everybody has had so many questions that the call is the better way to go. So at lets say 500 orders, that will be 250 - 500 hours just for the next step.

From there, salespeople or admin will likely become more involved in calling / emailing with updates on the individual orders. That process could last for 6 - 18 months depending on the customer's priority in line.

These are just a few of the things I've observed and have started planning ahead for. Hope that sheds a little light on our dealer-side process.

Eric

Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger
Lets not forget about Laura Ford.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, not sure if others have responded besides Grainger (they are pretty awesome).

I can say, as a reservation holder, who is outside the window in that Ford communique (mine was 1A EST 7/14, 10P on 7/13 for me), I was able to call Ford and change my dealer (actually to KM Ford, where Eric works).

My reservation was refunded. I did NOT lose my place in line. I confirmed all of this on Ford’s website and with Eric through email.

The process DOES work. I agree with Grainger, if you call Ford and they tell you you have to cancel, then speak to someone else.
I called Ford marketing just now. Said I wanted to swap. She didnt ask any questions just said okay. Asked me the dealers and did the swap. 5 minute process overall. Already got an updated email.

800-334-4375

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford marketing just now. Said I wanted to swap. She didnt ask any questions just said okay. Asked me the dealers and did the swap. 5 minute process overall. Already got an updated email.

800-334-4375
Gonna make the call as soon as the market closes! ?

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Granger Ford This is still showing on the Ford website here: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/?intcmp=hp-bb-bronco#broncoreserve

Really confusing still :(

Ford Bronco Ford Policy Update: You Can Only Change Your Bronco Dealer ONCE 76C3EA99-A5AD-40FD-91B1-6F143167E9AD

Sooooo ONE dealership change before Oct 31st......and no configurator until December? hmmmm....... I mean I sort of get it...IF......these Bronco's are going to be limited by number/allocation to each dealership (and not by our reservation request).

I guess my beef is that you can have multiple intellectual dealership negotiation masturbation.......and in the end, after seeing overwhelming demand, they can still pull a $2000 undercoating scam......or the "security stickers" on all the panels because they claim its a high theft area......oh, and its a $1200 sticker sheet. Soooooo yeah, I get it but I have no real relationship with any dealership in my area and have what feels like a guessing game based on info from........the web......on how one dealership "MIGHT" be better then another?! ?‍♂

I'm sure in the end it won't be as convoluted as it appears now.......and the FE won't just get "Blue Death" interior.o_O:LOL:
Sponsored