Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That is exactly how I feel about it. They need us for a sale, not the other way around. They have no inventory. I will gladly go out of state to get the best deal if I must. Flights out of Atlanta are cheap.
Sounds like Granger will be moving 150,000 Broncos through their dealership come spring 2021. LOL
Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it’s because they aren’t active on the forum. Albert (for Granger) has provided tons of good info in addition to his can’t be beat pricing. Laura has great pricing and reasonable doc fee - seems a great choice also.
Laura is only good for the base and bigbend, and given the recent policy change it keeps me cornered to those two trims. But i might want to upgrade to the outerbanks.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I qui....naw. I love this crowd even though they can get a bit salty?
Quick question while I have you on the hook. Can FE reservation be switched from 4 door to 2 door. Still debating .

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger
That’s the problem.... we are holding our breath that a confirmed fair deal is out there and that it’s close to home. However the only dealer so far to lay their cards on the table is Granger. Other dealers just aren’t committing to anything. Granger will end up with a ton of October orders!

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Laura is only good for the base and bigbend, and given the recent policy change it keeps me cornered to those two trims. But i might want to upgrade to the outerbanks.
I’m pretty sure there is exactly one dealer in the USA offering a better deal than Laura on highly optioned Broncos. I’ll stick with my “seems like a great choice“ wording for Laura Ford — $2,000 below most every other dealer is significant. Not everyone is going to buy a Bronco from Granger in Iowa.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not want to be argumentative in any way here, you speak some truth, however, we do have a unique circumstance here. I just have the advantage of a JD being one of my degrees and deal with contracts in my line of work.

Agreed, allocation is not the same as an order. In this unique case no dealer is getting an allocation of the stock units, nor will any be made, till all reservations are meet, Ford has stated this. This is the thrust of my argument. We, the ones that have reservations have the allocation in this case where it is usually the dealer.

When we "convert" (Ford's language) the reservation into an order, the dealer should (and so should you) ask for a deposit. This is our consideration in the contract. Once you give the dealer money, the deposit, you have a contract with the dealer to supply you the vehicle spec'd and at that price. The dealer MUST keep their consideration of the contract by selling you the vehicle or you can sue them. There are several possible remedies here for a breach but the one I would suggest is, you can go buy one at a higher price and then sue them for the cost difference and legal fees.

If you do not give them money to order then a court will find there is not an enforceable contract in place, and you are sh!t out of luck. Meaning they can sell their order to anyone for any price. To put it plainly, if you have a contract then it is your order.

See above reply. Once a contract is in place the dealer could, but probably will not, sue you. I say they will not because the Bronco will sale and sale quickly no matter the options. Really a moot point. Furthermore, in this case, the dealer would not be a volume dealer, since quantities are limited. What this means is they really do not have any defenses if they breach.

Most of the sophisticated buyers do not talk nickels and dimes, we talk in reference to invoice. I really do not give a dang if the bronco cost $25k or $65k, I'm interested in a "good deal" and this revolves around invoice pricing. My hometown dealer sells at invoice, company policy for them. The $1,000 or $1,300 under invoice I could save by driving a thousand miles is not worth it to me but if they try and charge MSRP then I'm all up for a road trip. I'll hook up my enclosed car hauler and head out when the time comes.

The point here is this is not a "normal" circumstance. Allow me to slightly change the topic here. As you have stated when a dealer has 'unobtainium' they have the upper hand and an open market gives them the advantage. In this case, my thinking is, Ford wanted to gauge the demand as to not waste resources on a gamble; like Jeep did with the gladiator, you can get those dirt cheap now. But, as a side effect, this move that lowered the risk of Ford in this endeavor, greatly reduced the dealer's advantage/leverage. In fact, the dealer has zero leverage now and we are free to take our orders to the lowest bidder. Some will not realize this and pay over MSRP while others will do $1300 under invoice. It is about being an informed buyer and knowing how things work.

The unobtainium comment is not to imply leverage, it simply means there will not be non-ordered units (stock) sitting on dealers lots due to the initial demand. If demand is still high after the first batch and stock is allocated regionally, not on previous reservation conversions, there will be a lot of dealers, especially smaller ones, with few to no units on the lot. Will some try to get a premium? Yes, but at some point supply and demand will find equilibrium.

I don't believe any dealers are going to not sell a reserved/ordered vehicle, Ford would be down on them like yesterday. The point here is a lot of dealers advertise b/s pricing. I am absolutely not saying either of the two mentioned here are, but there are a lot that will because it's their process. A signed buyers order is the only thing that matters. Ask the questions ahead of time. What are your administrative fees? Do you have a documentation fee? Does the quote I was given include destination/delivery and advertising? Do you charge a fee to obtain financing for me? What other charges or taxes are not included in the sale price? That is my point. There are a lot of people that are not informed and will not do the homework, ask the questions or get something in writing. Then, when it comes time to pick their vehicle up they are going to get nailed. Ford doesn't want to see this happen and neither do the dealers that don't play these games. Not all dealers are thieves.

LKN2020

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am saving my change dealer magic bullet......if I have to use it.....will be adding to the Granger traffic jam..... most people just want a fair deal with no suprises........damn shame we have to distrust so....thank goodness for Granger
I agree, thank goodness for Granger.

Sponsored

Area51

Big Bend
First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In what way is Granger a better option than Laura 2k below MSRP seems like the move to me. Am I missing something?

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Put in $100 reservation and contacted the dealer. Everything was fine until they asked me to sign a blank buyers order (no specs, no vehicle details at all, just a price). Buyers order states I have already inspected the vehicle (that does not yet exist) and I must go through with purchase.

They say it's "required" by Ford. Maybe so once the vehicle is actually ordered and the specs are on the order form.

Almost every other dealer in the state is marking up/adding fees.

Laura Ford or Granger Ford? I don't mind the drive home. Any thoughts on these dealers?

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look around the site, there is a dealer in Florida. It is somewhere in this thread as I recall.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/
Thank you for the list but nothing jumps out and, since everything in Florida is flat flat flat, I wanted to do some off-roading with it right after we buy it. Looks like Missouri has some good options.

It's going to be for my son turning 16 and being an absolutely amazing kid who hasn't given us a day of trouble in his life. Kid loves guns, America, and Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited: