Sponsored

Ford posts official Bronco mule off-road testing video

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Hey look at the bright side at least we know it's had some off good off road testing and it's not going to be just another highway mall crawler SUV! I'm sure the rock crawling crowd will be disappointed to some extent but the majority of us will be fairly happy with it's capability and lets be honest the majority of rubicons never go rock crawling in there entire useful lives. Great off road capability and decent road handling is a success for Ford and that can lead to more specialty shop vehicles and more accessories in additional to diverse off road products from other sources down the road as their share of the pie increases. Then you can build any type rock crawler you want just like the after market has done for jeep and lets face it factory parts cost more than after market and rock crawling breaks things.
So it's a win, win situation in that you can build exactly what you want and personalize your Bronco.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey look at the bright side at least we know it's had some off good off road testing and it's not going to be just another highway mall crawler SUV! I'm sure the rock crawling crowd will be disappointed to some extent but the majority of us will be fairly happy with it's capability and lets be honest the majority of rubicons never go rock crawling in there entire useful lives. Great off road capability and decent road handling is a success for Ford and that can lead to more specialty shop vehicles and more accessories in additional to diverse off road products from other sources down the road as their share of the pie increases. Then you can build any type rock crawler you want just like the after market has done for jeep and lets face it factory parts cost more than after market and rock crawling breaks things.
So it's a win, win situation in that you can build exactly what you want and personalize your Bronco.
Let’s also be honest that the BabyBronco would have passed THAT off-road testing

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BabyBronco would have passed THAT off-road testing
that IS a puzzle....two functionally similar vehicles sharing little to no parts on totally different frames. Gonna be a lot of cannibalization.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad that they're starting a slow roll out, but we already know that the BroncoBronco will be able to drive over desert trails and sand. Shit, my stock '94 can do all that. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IFS+SRA coil sprung no leafs. Play the video in slowmo and you'll see the control arm in the rear. Its a winning formula that the 4Runner has proven to be successful. Now I can't wait to see what the beast will look like.

Sponsored

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
UOTE="Nanook, post: 17603, member: 1855"]Let’s also be honest that the BabyBronco would have passed THAT off-road testing[/QUOTE]
[Q

Yes but they're making a teaser video and if they show too much it gives the other guys a better idea of what's coming......You could have taken a f 150 on that test and done the same thing mines been over most of the trails in Ouray Co. that people think only a jeep will do........Vehicle capability is also a big by product of the guy sitting behind the wheel. You put some icon a arms and a some bilstein 5160's and some 6112's with a 2" lift on that truck along with a full skid plate package and some good tires and that dog will hunt, and it becomes a whole different animal. Some of my Bronco's were built with great off road capability right from the factory so they know what's needed to do it again. Believe it or not they actually used to build them with a front differential that actually worked for off road capability as opposed to what they're building today........I know now I'm showing my age....... No disrespect intended or implied!

Last edited:

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the internet. The people who end up on these forums usually aren't exactly normal ;).

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It had better look just like that...or i'm going to be disappointed. In that case, I'll probably just get a new Subaru Ascent...same difference.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Updated with the official press release text accompanying this video:

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 10, 2020 – While enthusiastic customers await the return of the upcoming Ford Bronco 4x4, engineers are hard at work ensuring it is ready to take on the wild. In the high desert of California, Ford experts are busy testing and proving out the all-new Bronco’s powertrain and rugged chassis, which is based on the company’s fully boxed, body-on-frame global T6 architecture, in an experimental prototype vehicle.

In the Mojave Desert’s Johnson Valley, home to such punishing motorsports series as King of the Hammers, the Bronco prototype is being pushed to its limits off-road in grueling conditions crawling up rocks and racing across sand.

Bronco was built exactly for this.

The all-new sixth generation of America’s original “sports utility vehicle,” makes its world premiere this spring.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear ya on this and I'm not trying to start a fight but I can tell you this I bought a new wrangler in 97, solid axles, no ABS, I can start in gear without pushing the clutch in, I control the vehicle not the computer, ….etc. I had it in the woods within 2 days complete with battle scars and one broken sway bar end link from flexing it to hard without disconnecting it, LOL. People who buy rubicons to be mall crawlers are just wannabe's, because they think they are cool. Cool is going somewhere no one else can go in their "mall crawler"

Another post in this tread said it best " I could have done the same thing in my F-150." Driver has ALOT to do with it. And yes my F-150 rides better than my wrangler but my wrangler is far more capable off road than my F-150 in certain off-road situations.

I get it that Ford wants to please the masses and for that I recall another thread in this forum that says Ford has a secret team working on something special, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are listening and realize Fiat sells Wrangles because they are VERY capable off-road not because they ride nice. Plus Ford bought Troller, which is SFA and very capable off-road, just google it and see for yourself. If they were smart they should skin a Troller with a classic Bronco body and laugh all the way to the bank.

just my 2 cents.

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah. 98% of Wranglers never see anything off-road beyond a dirt road to a trail head.

What's important is the image of an off-road worthy vehicle, not the vehicle itself.