First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean the Bronco is never going to be like a TJ wrangler... Jeep is never going to make anything like a TJ wrangler either. If you’re expecting some bare-bones, low tech simple engine/transmission/electronics then I’m going to direct you to 2006 with the TJ and LJ wranglers. That was the last of them. Or honestly build a tube buggy, that’s what most hardcore off-readers are starting to do.

I’m still going to trust a Bronco to be more reliable.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean the Bronco is never going to be like a TJ wrangler... Jeep is never going to make anything like a TJ wrangler either. If you’re expecting some bare-bones, low tech simple engine/transmission/electronics then I’m going to direct you to 2006 with the TJ and LJ wranglers. That was the last of them. Or honestly build a tube buggy, that’s what most hardcore off-readers are starting to do.

I’m still going to trust a Bronco to be more reliable.

yeah nick I didn't think in this day and age I would not see ALOT of electronic crap but I guess to clarify my point a little better …. I hear Ford wants a piece of the Wrangler pie. What made the Wrangler so popular? its capability off-road, not how well it could go over some sand and some pebbles or how nice its ride was. LOL It flat out gets the job done and I hope the new Bronco will do the same. Hell I bleed Ford blue, have owned Fords all my life, my dad was a Dodge man he hated Ford he bought a new ranger in 83 and had nothing but problems with it and I had to hear about it for years after :) I only bought the Wrangler because I couldn't get a vehicle from Ford that would perform as well as the Wrangler.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah nick I didn't think in this day and age I would not see ALOT of electronic crap but I guess to clarify my point a little better …. I hear Ford wants a piece of the Wrangler pie. What made the Wrangler so popular? its capability off-road, not how well it could go over some sand and some pebbles or how nice its ride was. LOL It flat out gets the job done and I hope the new Bronco will do the same. Hell I bleed Ford blue, have owned Fords all my life, my dad was a Dodge man he hated Ford he bought a new ranger in 83 and had nothing but problems with it and I had to hear about it for years after :) I only bought the Wrangler because I couldn't get a vehicle from Ford that would perform as well as the Wrangler.
I think the Bronco, as has been stated multiple times, will be a more liveable and well-rounded vehicle than the wrangler both on and off road. I honestly think Ford is just fucking with us with this video. And more importantly, fucking with Jeep. We have now been shown 2 different prototypes in action and both of them are basically powertrain and chassis mules. So what the hell is Ford hiding????

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the Bronco, as has been stated multiple times, will be a more liveable and well-rounded vehicle than the wrangler both on and off road. I honestly think Ford is just fucking with us with this video. And more importantly, fucking with Jeep. We have now been shown 2 different prototypes in action and both of them are basically powertrain and chassis mules. So what the hell is Ford hiding????

amen brother !!!! maybe I have it wrong but I thought the baby bronco was coming out first. I think we are seeing stuff from that model (i.e. grille, headlight, now video) not the "Bronco" which is not coming till 2021. If they were building the "Bronco" now why would it not be available till 2021 ?? and if they are building both at he same time then why are they not available at the same time.

they throw the term Bronco out there but yet say there is a baby bronco coming first so why sow a video about the bronco when the baby comes first

mind games …. nothing but mind games They have us right where they want us !!!!! LOL

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
I hear what you're saying but the reality of the situation is that they make profit in numbers of vehicles sold not individual use specific items. i'm the guy that wrote both posts you eluded to about the f150 and your quoted post, and understand what you meant. The special build market is doing well building single item rock crawlers for a reason too. Most guys I've rock crawled with don't drive their vehicles there for a reason......because they aren't too fun to ride in on the highway. Ford has to build multi use vehicles because most folks can't afford to build use specific vehicles. If we're really being serious here we both know a real rock crawler jeep has been modded to articulate better and allow the suspension to flex and have more range of motion. Once you go there you give up some highway ride comfort and comfort sells and bone jarring rides don't. The jeep is an excellent platform that has so many options that it's only limited by your wallet. Ford can't afford to gamble billions to build something like that so they have to compromise and I'm sure we'll probably be very satisfied with what they bring. Hell the ecoboost alone is a big plus to start with and when you factor in the way most fords look it's usually a winning formula. Building a great vehicle that does multiple things well is a winning formula for most of us. If they use the right platform and it's adaptable then it will really take off as the aftermarket develops products to enhance it's capabilities, then they're going head to head with jeep. They have to do it that way to form a base to build on to make it economically viable in their lineup. Besides it gives the naysayers something to flaunt when in reality we all know they modded their jeeps to get them to perform to leap boulders with a single bound and be able to leap tall buildings with that 2.0 litre turbo under the hood. Not knocking jeeps but reliability and power haven't been foremost in their line up for decades. It's still a good product but carrying a floor jack, big tool box, and spare parts takes up room from my hunting dogs and loading an elk up to bring out. Fords reliability has always been fairly good and if they build them like my old bronco's it's going to be a winner.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear what you're saying but the reality of the situation is that they make profit in numbers of vehicles sold not individual use specific items. i'm the guy that wrote both posts you eluded to about the f150 and your quoted post, and understand what you meant. The special build market is doing well building single item rock crawlers for a reason too. Most guys I've rock crawled with don't drive their vehicles there for a reason......because they aren't too fun to ride in on the highway. Ford has to build multi use vehicles because most folks can't afford to build use specific vehicles. If we're really being serious here we both know a real rock crawler jeep has been modded to articulate better and allow the suspension to flex and have more range of motion. Once you go there you give up some highway ride comfort and comfort sells and bone jarring rides don't. The jeep is an excellent platform that has so many options that it's only limited by your wallet. Ford can't afford to gamble billions to build something like that so they have to compromise and I'm sure we'll probably be very satisfied with what they bring. Hell the ecoboost alone is a big plus to start with and when you factor in the way most fords look it's usually a winning formula. Building a great vehicle that does multiple things well is a winning formula for most of us. If they use the right platform and it's adaptable then it will really take off as the aftermarket develops products to enhance it's capabilities, then they're going head to head with jeep. They have to do it that way to form a base to build on to make it economically viable in their lineup. Besides it gives the naysayers something to flaunt when in reality we all know they modded their jeeps to get them to perform to leap boulders with a single bound and be able to leap tall buildings with that 2.0 litre turbo under the hood. Not knocking jeeps but reliability and power haven't been foremost in their line up for decades. It's still a good product but carrying a floor jack, big tool box, and spare parts takes up room from my hunting dogs and loading an elk up to bring out. Fords reliability has always been fairly good and if they build them like my old bronco's it's going to be a winner.

well said skeets !!!

I'm a gearhead so when I look to buy a vehicle I look to its capability and its ability to be modified, to make it better for what I want to do with it … to "make it my own" not like all the others going down the road.

my fox body I had for a month had the a/c and power steering ripped off, install deeper gear set, exhaust, ported the mass air the same size as throttle body all to make it faster than the one setting beside me at the stoplight. It took about a year before I got in the motor but it was fun for a year telling people it was the same ford mustang they bought it is just attention to detail and LOTS of seat time. Hell I drove other peoples cars just to prove it to them. anyone can buy a mustang but you had to know how to drive it to get the most out of it, unfortunately in todays age one can get in, hit a few buttons and the ECM take over and POOF !! fast car. Which is my point about the bronco I shouldn't have to do much to it to make it perform in this day and age not to mention the price we are going to have to pay, but buy the same token it shouldn't be like my explorer, impossible to make it a "rock crawler" without a billon dollars. remember we are trying to steal Jeep sales :)

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
well said skeets !!!

I'm a gearhead so when I look to buy a vehicle I look to its capability and its ability to be modified, to make it better for what I want to do with it … to "make it my own" not like all the others going down the road.

For some reason I sensed you had it running in your veins...... but with me being new it was a gamble...........you just needed a little nudge to get it to come out....well done!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

calling yourself a noob, hell I'm a noob too. not a computer guy at all …. not my era I can remember the day I could finally afford an Atari :)

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

...Ford experts are busy testing and proving out the all-new Bronco’s powertrain and rugged chassis, which is based on the company’s fully boxed, body-on-frame global T6 architecture, in an experimental prototype vehicle....
The all-new sixth generation of America’s original “sports utility vehicle,” makes its world premiere this spring.
I really hope the wishful thinking about the option for a SFA is true. Watching that thing pick the front end up like some lame crossover @0:30 really turned my stomach.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Give me a vehicle that looks killer and is easily upgraded. Truth is I want to customize my vehicle to bring in more potential business anyways. Does that mean I am going to cut out the IFS and weld in a solid axle? Possibly, might add a coyote while it's up on the lift. OR maybe I'll just make the IFS as good as I need it to be and tune the 2.7 ecoboost. I wont know till I see what it has to offer.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really hope the wishful thinking about the option for a SFA is true. Watching that thing pick the front end up like some lame crossover @0:30 really turned my stomach.

That's what I'm talking about!!! The old days it had a SFA with a sway bar end link, one would just disconnect them to allow more articulation and one would think in todays day and age it would have an electronic sway bar disconnect and if Ford is trying to impress us with its off-road capabilities then one would think they would have the switch in the off position, especially if they were doing some "off-road testing" seeing the tire not follow the terrain only makes me worry we are going see an explorer that is ready for the baja. not competition for the Wrangler, although It didn't seem to lose traction when it came off the ground so maybe some kind of limted slip or e locker.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I'm talking about!!! The old days it had a SFA with a sway bar end link, one would just disconnect them to allow more articulation and one would think in todays day and age it would have an electronic sway bar disconnect and if Ford is trying to impress us with its off-road capabilities then one would think they would have the switch in the off position, especially if they were doing some "off-road testing" seeing the tire not follow the terrain only makes me worry we are going see an explorer that is ready for the baja. not competition for the Wrangler, although It didn't seem to lose traction when it came off the ground so maybe some kind of limted slip or e locker.
I 100% think they put that tire lifting in there because they knew Jeep would notice it.

This is a powertrain and frame mule, not a suspension mule. So why show it off-roading? To maybe help try and keep Jeep occupied a little longer, make them analyze this video and waste time when there is nothing to actually see. I think this is 100% a troll video, we already know the IFS on the front of this isn’t final, it’s ranger carryover. This, just like the Bronco R is no indication of the actual Bronco performance. I feel like pic related is me right now but I can tell that there is a lot more going on here.
658B73C3-6F5C-46D0-B20E-2E3A571800C9.jpeg
Sponsored