redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you can fit a 429/460 in fox body pretty easy and this would be a little smaller …….:like:
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you can fit a 429/460 in fox body pretty easy and this would be a little smaller …….:like:
Should fit in an S197 too, 10" between the head and radiator.

20200118_152939.jpg

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Should fit in an S197 too, 10" between the head and radiator.

Ford Bronco Ford posts official Bronco mule off-road testing video 20200118_152939
That would likely be a bit tougher... based on bore spacing and diameter alone, the Godzilla is about 5" longer than the coyote... not to mention, on the Coyote, the crank pulley sits nearly flush with the front of the heads, whereas on the Godzilla, the crank pulley is a few inches from the heads. I'd guess all in all its probably almost 10" longer than a Yote, not to mention the height difference

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would likely be a bit tougher... based on bore spacing and diameter alone, the Godzilla is about 5" longer than the coyote... not to mention, on the Coyote, the crank pulley sits nearly flush with the front of the heads, whereas on the Godzilla, the crank pulley is a few inches from the heads. I'd guess all in all its probably almost 10" longer than a Yote, not to mention the height difference
Correct the front engine dress on a MOD motor is nearly flush from cam(valve) covers to oil pan. The 5-OH (old school) and the 'ZILLA front share the same architecture, engine block then timing chain but not running all the way up to the covers and then water pump it does add about that to the "front of the cover to the crank pulley" dimension . It looks like the 7.3 also has variable valve timing as well.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get 4.317 from Bore and BS differences, so 5 seems reasonable. Plenty of room in front of rad support, especially
with aftermarket bumper support. So might be some fab work, but plenty of space to work with

20170527_151120.jpg

Height is easy on Stangs, plenty of hoods for that.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off you must have missed the first part that said clean sheet of paper, so they can call it anything they want. Yes I heard them "call" it a big block but to me it is more of a small block sized. I believe it is smaller than 429/460 block. For us old guys it goes small block 260, 289, 302, 351. big block 429/460 that replaced 352,390,428,and the badass 427 side-oiler. I'm sure some will correct me if I'm wrong but, for the most part that was the lineup for a looooooong time, then came the MOD motor in 96 it all changed no more pushrod. :angry: I don't want high winding I want torque that's what puts a smile on your face.

If I am correct Brian Wolfe headed up this engine development and back in the late 80's he also helped work on the gt-40 development for the 302(5-OH as everyone knows it know). It was a higher flowing head and intake package sold in the now Ford Performance catalogue. so he is a "small block" guy, and old school.

It is AWESOME he brought back the pushrod, I thought it was gone forever. Just to highlight 5-Oh 2 bolt block good for about 500 ponies with forced induction. more than that, ……. borrowed time. Then time to upgrade to a 4-bolt main good for 4 digits then. Goadzilla ...….. it has 4-bolts in the mains and has 2 cross bolts in the block that tie into those mains for a total of 6 bolt mains !!!! Guys this motor is ready for a set of twin turbos RIGHT OTTA THE BOX. If Brian Wolfe would be a women I would be in love. LOL If Ford offers this in the catalogue as a crate motor I can see it selling. I would have been in heaven back in the day for Ford to have offered something like this.

Don't take this the wrong way. Not trying to argue just putting it in perspective. To us old school guys most think of big block as 429/460 achitecture.
The big block vs small block designation was typically due to bore spacing and head design IIRC. The Godzilla fits inline with the big block bore spacing. I don't know shit on the heads.

That is one of the reasons the Cleveland was such a god damn good motor. It had the head design of the big blocks which allowed more air flow (canted valves, not straight rockers)
Sponsored