Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

everyone was jumping on me because I choose to leave my Bronco Bug free.
It's not you per se it's your complete ignorance regarding how modern software and software development actually work.

And the doubling down on that ignorance when people who obviously know way more than you try to educate you.

Your Bronco's software shipped with hundreds if not thousands of bugs, most trivial some not.

So you're not keeping it bug free.
Sponsored

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I appreciate the feedback and your opinion. I really do. I was just responding because I made a statement and everyone was jumping on me because I choose to leave my Bronco Bug free.
I write a lot of firmware for automotive and aviation applications. I just wanted to thank you for you vote of confidence for both me and the most likely outsourced testing group that verifies my work. Ha!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not you per se it's your complete ignorance regarding how modern software and software development actually work.

And the doubling down on that ignorance when people who obviously know way more than you try to educate you.

Your Bronco's software shipped with hundreds if not thousands of bugs, most trivial some not.

So you're not keeping it bug free.
Shhhhh don't tell my boss since I'm a software developer and have 20+ years experience watching new bugs get introduced when updating to newer versions.

But it's ok... I'll go ahead and continue to be "ignorant" with my non-glitchy Bronco.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've asked this already, but still can't find an answer. How do we know which software version we have? My Fordpass app on my iphone does not specify which version was last updated.

This is what I see when I select the recent changes (dated Feb 21, 2023) on my software updates page

IMG_6401.PNG

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've asked this already, but still can't find an answer. How do we know which software version we have? My Fordpass app on my iphone does not specify which version was last updated.

This is what I see when I select the recent changes (dated Feb 21, 2023) on my software updates page

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 software update now available IMG_6401.PNG
I believe it is that last line there "Priority Update 22...". You'd think there would be a log of what the update actually does, but nope it's just a "Small adjustment so your vehicle can prepare for future updates that are more complex".

It's super lame too that if you click on update or whatever, it tells you there is nothing new to install - but we all know there is something new to install. It seems like there is a lookup on the VIN at ford that turns on the installs for your car exactly and that part is jacked up.

Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe it is that last line there "Priority Update 22...". You'd think there would be a log of what the update actually does, but nope it's just a "Small adjustment so your vehicle can prepare for future updates that are more complex".

It's super lame too that if you click on update or whatever, it tells you there is nothing new to install - but we all know there is something new to install. It seems like there is a lookup on the VIN at ford that turns on the installs for your car exactly and that part is jacked up.

Other folks showing screen shots of their software updates that tell you which version was applied, so it's kind of annoying I can't locate that info within the app at all.

Googling the update number it shows it was 3.5.3.2. I shouldnt have to google this info, it should show in the app like it does for others. Now I have to figure out how to catch up to the 4.x.x

Update, just checked the Bronco itself. Its showing I've last uploaded 22-PU0925-HAZ-FLH. So the Bronco and the app arent even in sync. Awesome.

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Mine says June 15, 2022 with v2.1.1 on the app - but, v3.5 or something and a September date on the screen.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got this email…

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 software update now available IMG_4194

Eddie Bauer

Badlands
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this email…

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 software update now available IMG_4194
Yeah, I got the email about 10 minutes ago as well. I was under the impression that the Bronco had Sync 4, not 4A, so I am slightly confused.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I got the email about 10 minutes ago as well. I was under the impression that the Bronco had Sync 4, not 4A, so I am slightly confused.
I received it too. Thought the same thing.

Nice that they included screenshots from the Mach-E, just to confuse us more.

Sponsored

Snorkel68

Outer Banks
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2011 Wrangler, 2005 Bug Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A bronco has more sensors involved in the AC fan button on the dash then in a entire home printer. We get it. You don’t update your own devices. Thats great. Why are you trying to convince someone else to do something they dont want to? If someone likes having the latest software, then let them have it. The consequences are their consequences, not yours. They paid for the vehicle.

These are complexe machines with allot more in them then prior generations. The days of a carborated engine, 4spd manual transmission, spring suspension, and a steeering wheel are long gone. Dosnt matter how much you hate it, they arent coming back.

Ford intends for the bronco to work with their latest software. your saying no, do not update. But you have no idea whats in the update. It could be safety related. It could involve a airbag deployment, idk, seat belt tensioners idk, updates to the emergency break system. And your advising people not to take the updates. Let ford make the recommendation for their machines and others can decide for themselves how to best move forward.

and please update your computer OS. Really man. Windows 7…and your trying to hand out software advice like your Bill Gates. Comeon man.
My Bronco did this update and now the speed zone reverts to 30MPH anytime you are not on the interstate or major roads. I contacted Ford and all they could say is "Did you contact the dealer for this?" The dealer did not mess it up, the update did.

sirreel

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone that had Ford reach out gotten updates sent to their Bronco? Mine has updated twice time since I got it back in June of last year. Once to 3.5.2 then 3.5.4 in January. Nothing since.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ironic. Mine won't stop bugging me to do the update and I have to keep denying it. When I told it I didn't want to updates that should have been enough for to shut up!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone know how to turn the screen completely off?
I know theres "Relax Mode" - But the sccreen is still lit with some junk on there.
I just want to be able to turn it off completely.
I have a friend with a 2018 Escape, and there is a physical button that turns it off completely.

*BTW Im pro-updates
I'm not gonna scroll through 14 pages to see if you got an answer, but the button to turn the screen off is literally right next to the one you referenced for calm mode.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

12.6 mpg?? Dam. What the hell kind of Bronco you driving? I get 18mpg in my 2 door Sasquatch 2.7 auto. Haven't even messed with Eco mode with Eco mode I might even get more.
Well, I like to drive it like it’s a Tesla performance model :) Honestly its a Sasquatch, running 91, K&N intake, VR tuned, Ford Performance tune, and pedal commander….none of which help on fuel economy. If I run Eco, and turn pedal commander to eco, and VR tune to map 1, I can get 17mpg on the freeway, but that is the best I’ve ever seen, and it wasn’t fun to drive at all.
Sponsored