First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, you made your car less functional.
and why should that be the case in the first place? Again, I turned them off on my phone and gonna on my pc and laptop, the hells a car need a software update for
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds cool, if only I could get past 3.5.2

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was today years old when I learned that people get mad about receiving software updates.
Those are the same people who will bitch when they end up having problems resolved or improved by the updates they didn't do.... amazing how that works.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was built in 2023, not 1966.
Still, hell do I need updates for. Classics are better, I could fire up my ps2/xbox and just play without it being like "Update needed", and like that era, cars then could be played with without it constantly asking to be updated

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IT guy here - a lot of the recent updates are following in Android's footsteps. They're breaking the parts of the system down into smaller chunks so that those chunks can easily be updated on their own. This is so that updating one thing won't cause issues with other systems.
They want to be able to update something like the overlay on the backup camera, but if it has issues, not let those issues impact the rest of the vehicle.

Yes, there's been a lot of updates lately, but it's really going to make future updates better and safer to install going forward.

Personally, I'm all for regular updates, security patches, and keeping things running smoothly.

However, I also understand that I'm in the minority, and that most people would rather things just stay how they were when they bought the vehicle. I guess those users could just turn off updates if they don't want them though.
Great write up! As a CyberSec professional, I appreciate this. I guess most people need to know this is a these cars are running on an operation system like Android/WIN/ or some "proprietary" OS ( Linux variant lol). So just like your computer and phone, regular updates are normal. Not only from a bug fix but also remediate/ fix and vulnerabilities so that their vehicle's operate properly and has less of a chance to fail/ exploited.

thank you, again.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still, hell do I need updates for. Classics are better, I could fire up my ps2/xbox and just play without it being like "Update needed", and like that era, cars then could be played with without it constantly asking to be updated
PS2 was indeed awesome so no argument there! But we have to agree things have improved since.

If you want that experience today I’d recommend buying a dirt bike or a classic car. IMO there will definitely be a long term market for the last of the “unconnected” cars of the 90’s and 2000’s.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So....... No info/answers to my query??
Just degraded to infighting and random disagreements between opposite parties?
Come on guys, someone must know something.
J dog
Updates are not being sent to your car while it is in pre-delivery state. When you get your vehicle, you will probably have an update that you can apply. Most of the updates are cumulative of all previous updates, so you would only need to apply one update to be fully current. If a vehicle gets very far behind, it might be necessary to apply an interim update before the most-current update can be applied, but that's not likely the case for your vehicle where you are probably just missing some patch-level updates.

If you set your Bronco to take updates automatically, they'll happen overnight when needed and the whole process will be seamless to you. People have spent more energy here complaining about the updates than it would take for them to do this and not even think about it again. :D

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just saw this pop up in my FordPass app today and hadn't seen it mentioned yet elsewhere.

IMG_20230321_142813.jpg
IMG_20230321_142759.jpg

I was just informed by Fordpass support that mine has not updated because the modem is not communicating and that they have sent a fix to the dealers, fix # SSM51458, to tell service that number to get it fixed.

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally got updated today to the new full screen Apple Car play - absolute game changer.

The only time I remember there is an analogue speedometer is when someone on the forum is complaining about it. That entire area is blocked by my hand and steering wheel anyways.
I'm with you about the speedometer and it doesn't bother me one bit. I find the tach pretty lame but mine is an automatic so to me it's pretty unimportant and if I do need it .... Its right there.

I knew all this going in just like everyone else and bought the truck in spite of knowing that the dash was pretty uninspiring ..... I just don't come here and complain about it.

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn't sound like you are cut out for modern cars. Buy an old car without the need for functionally important upgrades. Maybe stay away from computers and cell phones since the updates increase security and fix bugs/functionality issues ..... get a flip phone if you need to go wireless.

As the web/grid/other systems get upgraded and updates....updates are needed to other devices that work within those systems. Pretty simple really.

Also look out ..... I think someone is on your lawn. :giggle:
Sponsored