First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if ford is listening, can you give me an update to shut off that annoying digital speedometer that is literally right next to the analog one? that is dumb.
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IT guy here - a lot of the recent updates are following in Android's footsteps. They're breaking the parts of the system down into smaller chunks so that those chunks can easily be updated on their own. This is so that updating one thing won't cause issues with other systems.
They want to be able to update something like the overlay on the backup camera, but if it has issues, not let those issues impact the rest of the vehicle.

Yes, there's been a lot of updates lately, but it's really going to make future updates better and safer to install going forward.

Personally, I'm all for regular updates, security patches, and keeping things running smoothly.

However, I also understand that I'm in the minority, and that most people would rather things just stay how they were when they bought the vehicle. I guess those users could just turn off updates if they don't want them though...
spoken like a pro...

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know how to turn the screen completely off?
I know theres "Relax Mode" - But the sccreen is still lit with some junk on there.
I just want to be able to turn it off completely.
I have a friend with a 2018 Escape, and there is a physical button that turns it off completely.

*BTW Im pro-updates

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if ford is listening, can you give me an update to shut off that annoying digital speedometer that is literally right next to the analog one? that is dumb.
IT guy - is there anything keeping Ford from rethinking the screen in the gauge cluster. It seems everyone would agree that it's an unintuitive mess of widgets. For example, I'd like an option to see a big analog-like tach to match the speedometer. The redundant digital speedometer and bar-graph tach is just useless waste of space. I understand that the Raptor has a bigger screen and better widget layout, but how likely is it that Ford could easily overhaul this with a similar software push. I'm guessing it's a bigger deal than infotainment center screen because the main gauge cluster is interacting with the core driving systems. Anyone? Bueller?

Sponsored

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IT guy - is there anything keeping Ford from rethinking the screen in the gauge cluster. It seems everyone would agree that it's an unintuitive mess of widgets. For example, I'd like an option to see a big analog-like tach to match the speedometer. The redundant digital speedometer and bar-graph tach is just useless waste of space. I understand that the Raptor has a bigger screen and better widget layout, but how likely is it that Ford could easily overhaul this with a similar software push. I'm guessing it's a bigger deal than infotainment center screen because the main gauge cluster is interacting with the core driving systems. Anyone? Bueller?
See this is funny to me, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've looked at the physical speedo in the last year of ownership. Guess it just depends on the person, that plus chip shortages is probably why we got a half digital, half physical cluster (since rumor was that high and lux originally included a separate 10 inch digital screen).

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how to turn the screen completely off?
I know theres "Relax Mode" - But the sccreen is still lit with some junk on there.
I just want to be able to turn it off completely.
I have a friend with a 2018 Escape, and there is a physical button that turns it off completely.

*BTW Im pro-updates
The speedometer / tach screen? There is only the calm screen option.

The infotainment screen has a setting you can get into that shuts it off, I wish it was a physical button but it isn't. But I have shut if off before ;)

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See this is funny to me, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've looked at the physical speedo in the last year of ownership. Guess it just depends on the person, that plus chip shortages is probably why we got a half digital, half physical cluster (since rumor was that high and lux originally included a separate 10 inch digital screen).
the analog speedometer is ugly and hard to read down in the corner - rendering it similarly useless as the digital tach. Pretty sure Knight Rider had a more refined look.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“ What’s an update?”

Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updates... smupdates...!
My used '21 Black Diamond Sasquatch (AMB, 2 Dr.) should arrive middle on next week.
Had to ship it in. Takes a while to get to Hawaii.
My question is. She sat in the dealers lot for a couple months. Then spent 6 weeks enroute.
How will I know my updates are current? Will they have to load sequentially or is the latest update backwards compatible?
We are used to Over the Air Updates with my wife's '21 Mach-E. Flawless so far.
Any wisdom to impart on the Bronco side of things?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I periodically do a manual update and it says it's up to date.
Will have to try that I guess. Honestly I’m not sure I’m missing out on anything with these updates that I’m reading about

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond