Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I explained it several times in this thread, but I'll try to clarify:

My concerns are not strictly around updates, but around the amount of updates. The number of updates I've received since taking delivery a few months ago makes it feel like the Bronco software wasn't quite ready upon release and the subsequent updates are coming so quickly I have a hard time believing they have been properly regression tested and are truly ready for release.

It's annoying to have to acknowledge an update every few weeks when I'm just trying to go get some milk and eggs.

The update notes SUCK! "A tweak here and there" is not an acceptable release note for a professional corporation and my $60K plus vehicle.

While software updates often fix old bugs, they also install new ones :D

Ford is apparently not doing a proper backup/restore method with these updates, because at least one has been bricked by a failed update. Vehicles sometimes fail to start for various reasons, many of them predicable (almost every dead battery I've had showed warning signs and I was not surprised). No reason to add another reason to fail albeit with zero warning. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/failed-software-update-unable-to-start-vehicle.66872/

I find it interesting how divided everyone is on this subject, and how the "pro update" crowd is so quick to label themselves and state they thy are "pro update." I am, believe or not, not anti update, but I am neither pro update. I am very concerned with the frequency of updates, lack of documentation, and method of rolling out updates that we are experiencing. This feels VERY junior league to me, and makes me question the quality of the software running my vehicle. ;)
This is the future of all vehicles. Over the air updates are a lot more amenable than having to go to the dealer for otherwise minor issues. I have a Tesla as well and get an update every few weeks or so.These are basically computers running the vehicle now.
Sponsored

Hueso

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 F350 superduty, ā€˜22 2dr manual Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last update message I got was 3.5.2ā€¦I still donā€™t have full screen CarPlay

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is there a manual way to apply this if I dont have builtin cellular internet in my SYNC system?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is there a manual way to apply this if I dont have builtin cellular internet in my SYNC system?
I would connect it to your home WiFi if you've got coverage where you park. Should just be in your settings on Sync.

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am suspicious of them undoing all my Forscan tweeks.
Also the privacy setting used to be selectable and now as of Feb 10th you have no control over that either.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been asked by several people but I have yet to see it answered -- how do you know what software version you're on.

BadBuckeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got this update this afternoon after coming home from work even though Iā€™ve got auto updates set for 1am. Took delivery of mine last month, this is the first update thatā€™s come through.

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would connect it to your home WiFi if you've got coverage where you park. Should just be in your settings on Sync.
My bronco keeps disconnecting from the wifi and then not able to find it. Have to do the battery negative cable pull to reset. This system is so glitchy. Was so excited to have Sync 4, now wish I was back to the sync 3. At least it worked.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco keeps disconnecting from the wifi and then not able to find it. Have to do the battery negative cable pull to reset. This system is so glitchy. Was so excited to have Sync 4, now wish I was back to the sync 3. At least it worked.
I'd try a full reset of the sync system next. If that still won't get it to stay connected enough to update, the dealer should be able to update it manually or at least push the update to it.

Sponsored

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd try a full reset of the sync system next. If that still won't get it to stay connected enough to update, the dealer should be able to update it manually or at least push the update to it.
So I called Ford tech support. They said it is a known issue with many 2023 broncos. Something with a Fordpass modem issue. Not sure how that affects my car to not finding wifi every other week, but they say that's the issue. They said a fix is supposed to be pushed to the the affected vehicles sometime in April. Yep, mine was on that list. Apparently no wifi needed for the update, which is good since the wifi connection continues to break. Crossing fingers!!

ChrisAK

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2006 Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been asked by several people but I have yet to see it answered -- how do you know what software version you're on.
Ford pass > vehicle > features and settings > software updates > recent changes

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So....... No info/answers to my query??
Just degraded to infighting and random disagreements between opposite parties?
Come on guys, someone must know something.
J dog
When I got mine delivered in January, I was feverishly waiting for my updates to kick in. After setting it all up, all the car and the app kept telling me was that I was up-to-date. I was expecting a message like ā€œyou are on version 1.2.3ā€, or something like that. After waiting a month with zero updates, I disconnected the truck from the wifi, turned off auto-updates, and then set it all up again. Then bam. I started to get my updates along the same times as reported on here. So now when I go to my update screen it tells me what version number I am on. So if yours doesnā€™t give you an update version number, then donā€™t believe its lies, you arenā€™t up-to-date. Hope that helps.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still nobody with a fix to no updates happening and saying that it is up to date?
I had the same issue. I disconnected from my home wifi, turned off auto updates, and then set them both up again. I started getting updates the next evening, and am now all caught up.
Sponsored