Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The small bit of navigation info added to the top right for carplay users.
I already have that on mine and it’s 1.6
I have yet to update to the 1.7.1. Has anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not for me yet. They do say if you can to link to wi-fi so I did that tonight when I was in my garage. We will see.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what is in the update

2021 BRONCO VEHICLES 2021 Broncos receive Ford Power-Up 1.7.1 software update. This update will NOT require the vehicle to be parked with the ignition off. As long as Automatic Updates are set to ON (standard factory setting), this will happen in the background, without any action from your customers. Ford Power-Up 1.7.1
  1. • Enhancement: Navigation automatically makes helpful destination suggestions, plus new cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet-based search, so you get the latest info with almost every request.
  2. • Enhancement: Apple CarPlay compatibility displays on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in your instrument cluster.
  3. • Enhancement: User-profile icons on your SiriusXM with 360L radio will be a bit bigger • Bug fixes
Enhance....... Enhance....... Enhance

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what is in the update

2021 BRONCO VEHICLES 2021 Broncos receive Ford Power-Up 1.7.1 software update. This update will NOT require the vehicle to be parked with the ignition off. As long as Automatic Updates are set to ON (standard factory setting), this will happen in the background, without any action from your customers. Ford Power-Up 1.7.1
  1. • Enhancement: Navigation automatically makes helpful destination suggestions, plus new cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet-based search, so you get the latest info with almost every request.
  2. • Enhancement: Apple CarPlay compatibility displays on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in your instrument cluster.
  3. • Enhancement: User-profile icons on your SiriusXM with 360L radio will be a bit bigger • Bug fixes
Not really sure where the poster got this info but no one I know with a Bronco (I run our State Club) has gotten this update. I have a feeling it's a preview of an update that has not been released.

Mg

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did all levels get the 1.7.1 update? My Base is still showing 1.6!
Where do I find my current version number?

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where do I find my current version number?
On the Infotainment screen, there is an icon for "settings" (i believe). Under "settings" I believe there is an icon for "updates" or "software". Its in there. Sorry, I'm not more specific, but I'm not in the Bronco.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Must not be ready for release yet. I spent some time yesterday making sure all my settings were right and everything was updated. It tells me I have the most up to date version at 1.6.0. Hopefully something happens soon.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Must not be ready for release yet. I spent some time yesterday making sure all my settings were right and everything was updated. It tells me I have the most up to date version at 1.6.0. Hopefully something happens soon.
Same. States mine is up to date too at 16.1. Connected my phone as a hotspot and didn't pull 17.1.

Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received a Power-Up error over the weekend. Was trying to check the code level and I get this. It used to tell me the version level at this screen.
Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents 195E8BE0-E2DB-42FB-989B-5486CB2C5B9B

sccohen

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody get the update pushed yet? Still 1.6 as of December 1…

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody get the update pushed yet? Still 1.6 as of December 1…
For me, it looked like the system tried but failed. I had heard that the "rollback" inadvertently erases the release notes, inclusive version level. My screen shot in this thread is evidence of this. I asked how to force a fresh push, but this cannot be done by the owner. Apparently Ford Operations team is managing this for a number of reasons, cellular costs among them. So I guess we have to just wait.

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was notified of the update completion via the FordPass app. However I can't see any difference in the vehicle displays. Has anybody seen the CarPlay direction display on the instrument cluster?

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was notified of the update completion via the FordPass app. However I can't see any difference in the vehicle displays. Has anybody seen the CarPlay direction display on the instrument cluster?
The direction display has been since the 1.6. I've had it for two months.
No one has shown a 1.7.1 screen yet...

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents 70D3AE72-434B-48CF-BDEB-A6ED912229D7
Sponsored