Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has already announced they’re moving to Google’s AutomotiveOS in 2023 so it’s weird that they would make a big deal about Alexa in the car.
Asking the real question. How does this development affect the Google OS plans. Or vica versa?
Sponsored

mikegofficial

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2017 Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t think so. I’m sure they’ll roll out AOS slowly starting in 2023 to various vehicles but if you have Stink, it won’t update. My 2¢

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford: Let's bring back an iconic vehicle for those who just wanna get away from it all and escape.

Also Ford: Let's make it the most annoyingly connected vehicle on the planet with technology people can't escape!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alexa is well known for listening to everything, connecting to other appliances without permission, and monitoring things in the home when owners are unaware. Amazon records and keeps what Alexa hears. Amazon employees have been caught listening to the recordings. You can delete it now, but it still records the next words out of your mouth as soon as you say Alexa.

For these reasons, I will not own an Alexa, and I do not want it on my vehicle, either. This is not "tin foil" thinking, just browse the news stories about Alexa's privacy issues. Plenty of people, including experts, are concerned about this. Just because you may not be concerned does not mean there is no reason for concern.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree. Alexa runs on AWS (their home brewed cloud service). Amazon pumps a LOT of money into their cloud services, and from a financial standpoint... it's the cornerstone of their business strategy.

There's NO WAY a hacker will care to crack the AWS system just so they can hack into your 50k SUV. A hacker with that skill is trying to bring down governments, not steal your car
Guess what company won the contract to run the CIA's cloud service?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
AWS right? Either them or Azure
2013 was the first contract, solely to AWS. $600M

Follow-on contract was awarded in 2020, as an IDIQ to all the major players.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alexa is well known for listening to everything, connecting to other appliances without permission, and monitoring things in the home when owners are unaware. Amazon records and keeps what Alexa hears. Amazon employees have been caught listening to the recordings. You can delete it now, but it still records the next words out of your mouth as soon as you say Alexa.

For these reasons, I will not own an Alexa, and I do not want it on my vehicle, either. This is not "tin foil" thinking, just browse the news stories about Alexa's privacy issues. Plenty of people, including experts, are concerned about this. Just because you may not be concerned does not mean there is no reason for concern.
I heard that and I know where you live.........

Alexa
Have a good day!

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what date this will be released? It IS 'fall' in the northern hemisphere.

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just got 1.7.1 pushed to us. Maybe this will be version 2.0 since it's a big update
do you have a Bronco? Post a pic of your update screen…

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
And yet another reason that the absolute first thing I am going to do is pull the fuse for the telematics.

I wonder how much of this BS can be inactivated by FORSCAN.

Also, as soon as someone tells me where the microphone is, I'm cutting the wires. I don't ever need to TALK to my car.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Um yeah - don’t want this.

Of course if Alexa could read off the rpms, I guess that would be an improvement.
Sponsored