Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I normally don't buy extended warranties, but with all things Ford Bronco it does make me wonder.

What's your plans?
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am a lifelong metro Detroiter and A man who has worked on every vehicle I’ve ever owned including doing a couple frame off restoration. But the one thing I’ve realized over the years is that the extended warranties will typically pay for them selves if you’re a person that keeps your vehicle for a long time. Just that 12” head unit alone with it being connected to everything and the complexity of taking apart the dash to install a new one, labor costs, will more than pay for the cost of the extended warranty if it ever goes bad. Then you take into account a complex drive train, ya i’ll be buying the premium version 😉. One last thing for my decision is I’m going to be moving to Hawaii next year so I’m sure the cost for shipping parts, if I want to fix it mysel, will go up exponentially versus what I’m used to here in Metro Detroit 😆

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was talking to a coworker about this yesterday and need to get prices.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on how much it costs. I recall seeing a PDF that someone provided, but am too lazy to go looking for it. I usually don't get extended warranties, but I might this time around.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As the 3 year get close to ending I'll evaluate but every family member who bought a 7 year/70k mile warranty the age ran out and no issues. I've always had good luck with Fords so we'll see.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will probably buy something at time of sale. Not usually big on extended warranties but with turbo engines I think it is a decent CYA.

We paid like $1,200 or so I think on the one for our escape. Two weeks ago or so an injector went bad and a cyl took a dump. Getting a new shortblock so it was worth it.

I dont expect a extended warranty to cover every possible repair...more so for the big stuff like a engine or trans needing replaced.

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now thats a great point..
. Could we Stick with the factory warranty initially, and then a couple years out purchase the extended warranty depending on the type of luck we've had?

I always thought you had to kind of buy these things at the time of purchase... That is if you wanted a legit one and not one of those telemarketing phone call ones.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally stay out of extended warranties, but this Bronco is grotesquely complicated compared to my FJ (no extended warranty, 1 warranty axle seal in 11yrs of abuse).

I do not expect the Bronco to fair as well, even though I hope it does.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now thats a great point..
. Could we Stick with the factory warranty initially, and then a couple years out purchase the extended warranty depending on the type of luck we've had?

I always thought you had to kind of buy these things at the time of purchase... That is if you wanted a legit one and not one of those telemarketing phone call ones.
You should be able to buy the extended warranty up until the standard warranty expires. I've always purchased the extended at the time of purchase (not necessarily with the selling dealership) so I don't know the pricing as mileage of your car goes up.