Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm considering it but need to look at the cost.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you to the lady that posted that brochure. Does anyone have a price list or even a ballpark idea? What is the price on a Ranger or F150? I'm thinking we'd be in that neighborhood?

Also, if I get something like this does it mean I can't put aftermarket stuff on it or in it? Like no aftermarket wheels or no exhaust mod?

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also, if I get something like this does it mean I can't put aftermarket stuff on it or in it? Like no aftermarket wheels or no exhaust mod?
Wheels aren't covered by any of the extended warranties and are unlikely to affect the warranty coverage unless you grossly affect the suspension or something. Check out the "What's Not Covered" section of that brochure; it's pretty comprehensive for the kind of thing.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will purchase the extended bumper to bumper warranty as I plan to keep the truck a LONG time. Getting the extended and rolling it into the initial purchase price of the truck results in a very small increase in payment amount and totally worth it IMO...just need to read all the fine print prior to committing.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've only bought one in my life....and got paid for it! Wife's RAV full of electro gear and windshield camera went out....cost 3x the warranty! With the Bronco full of same gear, this stuff is horrid expensive. And everything is in sealed boxes to prevent actual mechanics from fixing it.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be getting the extended warranty. Just don't know which one yet.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll check online for the best price from the dealers that sell the original Ford extended warranty. Being this Bronco may be the last new vehicle I buy I'll go for the long one. I don't buy the warranties for the mechanical parts as manufacturers seem to have a handle on that, but I buy them for all the dang electronics that can be a PIA sometimes.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership includes free lifetime powertrain warranty. Will have to see what else I add to it.
Be careful with those cuz they're basically worthless. You may find that powertrain simply means that the motor or transmission blows up but anything else is excluded.

I have one of those on a current vehicle and it doesn't cover any of the electrical sensors, none of the core external components like alternators and starters and batteries etc. It literally means the internal motor parts and internal transmission parts.

... Guess that's why it was free from the dealer

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ll purchase one on the warthog. Plan is to trade the FE in on one, or flip it for a fat pay day.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also keep in mind you do not have to buy on day 1, only before the manufactures warranty ends. There are also some good pricing on the internet from certain Ford dealers. Do your homework early before meeting with the finance Manager ;)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also keep in mind you do not have to buy on day 1, only before the manufactures warranty ends. There are also some good pricing on the internet from certain Ford dealers. Do your homework early before meeting with the finance Manager ;)
This is key!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna wait and see how well these hold up. Usually I never buy these for anything, but all the sensors and computers and what I've seen of the wiring diagrams so far has me a bit concerned. Some electric gremlin problem can get expensive quickly just trying to find where the gremlin is. And replacing the entire computer if it breaks down will be very expensive too.
If I see lots of issues showing up here on the forum (or if I have lots of warranty issues with my rig - not that my patience would be very long with that before I sell it off) I'd buy it online from one of the discount dealers before warranty runs out. They get a bit more expensive with years/miles, but not that much from what I remember.
If I do buy one I'd most likely go with premium to cover everything.
Since there's no "I'll wait for now and see" option in the poll I did not vote.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn't the best way financially to do it, but I always lease a vehicle for 3 years to start with. If I like it and my life is in a position that I still need/want the vehicle I purchase it, and add the extended warranty. This keeps me flexible in the vehicle department at the cost of around $2-3k more than what I would have paid if I would have bought it outright. I don't like being locked into a vehicle ever. I know used car prices are great right now but that is usually not the case.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs