First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to be edumacated on this. What is the benefit of buying extended warranty day 1? Cheaper up front, covers more parts than the warranty the vehicles comes with? Why not just wait until just before your regular warranty ends then go big on extended warranty? If you buy it day one, does it stack on top of the first few years every car gets out of the gate?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to be edumacated on this. What is the benefit of buying extended warranty day 1? Cheaper up front, covers more parts than the warranty the vehicles comes with? Why not just wait until just before your regular warranty ends then go big on extended warranty? If you buy it day one, does it stack on top of the first few years every car gets out of the gate?
I was about to ask the same question. If it comes with 3 years and I buy an extended warranty for 8, does that mean I have 11 year coverage?

Help us, internet!

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about to ask the same question. If it comes with 3 years and I buy an extended warranty for 8, does that mean I have 11 year coverage?

Help us, internet!
In playing with the selector tool at the FloodFord link shared above, it looks like the cost goes up a few hundred dollars as the vehicle ages. So you'd save like $300 if you buy it at purchase, which does not seem worth it to me vs doing something else with that money while still under factory warranty.

bbmertz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, an 8-year warranty starts from the day you purchase your vehicle and lasts 8 years. As the previous post stated, the cost of these plans typically increases as your car ages, so the lowest prices are typically offered within the first few months of purchasing the vehicle. You can purchase the plan from any Ford dealer, so it’s worth shopping around.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not getting one on Day 1. Nor anything else the dealer tries to upsell me on.

By the time the factory warranty is close to expiring, I'll have a good feel for the car and decent knowledge about issues other people are running into. At that point I'll decide whether or not to get an extended warranty, and if so, what to get and where to get it from.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My last new vehicle was the first redesign year 2007 tundra. Iced the dealer down to $1,600 for 7yr/100k bumper to bumper.

Then I learned a process:

1) 'hey I hear this thing or noticed that thing'- never anything major but enough to make me wonder

2) consult the interwebs (tundrasomethingorother.com)

3) find the related TSB Toyota had already generated from other buyers' claims

4) (just before smart phones) print TSB

5) Go to dealer, ask for diagnosis

6) get diagnosis, then sometimes get asked to fund repair even though they knew I had top warranty

7) pull out TSB and show dealer procedure they were to follow which 99.9% of the time meant taking care of all platinum warranty owners' issues free of charge

From what I can remember, got a new water pump, serpentine belt, DRIVESHAFT and rear joint, several trim bits, AC vent louver, and a few other things over the years. Over $5k in repairs for $1,600.

If it can be had for a fair sum I will definitely be going for max coverage.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely just powertrain if anything. I won't buy it on the spot though. I'd like to spend some time poking around and seeing how much room I have for wrenching.

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Love